Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Long-time Halo fans: Most anticipated Halo game?

OP N7 Illusional

Hey everyone! I've spent some time away from the forums, but I thought I would pose a question to my fellow long-time Halo fans out there. Also, I apologize if there has already been a post like this, as I've been M.I.A from the forums since the early days of the Halo 5 multiplayer beta.
At any rate, I've actually chosen Halo 5 as my most anticipated, just above Halo 2, then Halo 3, Reach, Halo 4, ODST, and finally Halo Wars. I was never old enough to anticipate Halo: CE unfortunately, or rather, I never knew about Halo until my 12th birthday when I received a new Xbox that came with it. From there on out, I was enamored with Halo and I always hoped as a kid that I'd never grow tired of it, even when I got older. And I'm living that now, at 21, still a huge fan of Halo and undoubtedly going to stay one for as long as the franchise lasts.
So, I can't wait for Halo 5: Guardians as I will be getting the console edition! Let me know which version you guys are getting and why you chose the game you were most anticipated for :) I'm also interested to hear what your experiences were like, waiting in line for the midnight releases.
Halo 4, Why? Because although halo 2 was my first game, I was 7 so halo 3 was my first proper game, so when the sequel was coming (halo 4) They hype was real...
halo 5 for the win!
Halo 3 was by far the most anticipated for me. I put in over 9,000 games into Halo 2...and I played it almost every day. So Halo 3 was a big deal back then.
Halo 3 was the first Halo I personally owned since I was only like 9 when CE came out and my parents were massive killjoys. Halo 4 was probably my most anticipated game but also very disappointing in a lot of ways.

I'm extremely (cautiously) excited for H5 which does seem to be far better than anything we've had since H2.
Halo 3. At the time most of my gamer friends were also huge Halo fans (i'm the only one left now ;_;) so I was caught up in the hype along with them.
The amazing marketing helped, nothing has ever gotten me more hyped for an upcoming Halo than this moment from the E3 '06 trailer:
https://youtu.be/T9Ezd2FqxAU?t=1m8s
Halo 3... it was the last game in the original trilogy as well as a launch title for the 360. it also set the standard for 360 fps games like CE did for the original Xbox. Halo 3 also is one of my favorite games of all time
I can't wait for 343 to announce Halo: Swords of Sanghelios. A Halo spin off following Thel 'Vadam and his Sangheili brethren on their side of the battle.
Just can't wait for Halo 5: Guardians to be released and read all the new content ranging from the new novels to the comics!
Halo 4 cuz there was a 5 year gap and the franchise was turned over to 343i from bungies troll-@$$ hands.
Guardians because the best Halo is always the next Halo. And because the Forge reveal made me soil myself.
Having had Halo: CE since it's glory days, my hype for Halo 2 was unreal, I was not let down by it in the slightest.
Runner-ups were definitely Halo 2 and Halo 3. For me, however, Halo 4. To think about it, there was a huge cliffhanger at the end of Halo 3. The fact that Halo 4 was going to end that and bring Chief back got me really excited. This is also probably why I feel Halo 4 was such a failure.
Halo 3 by far. That was the first halo to introduce Forge and my brothers and I put hours into forge and custom games. I'm a little sad that they are taking splitscreen away in Halo 5 so I'm not really all hyped for Halo 5 as I was for Halo 3.
Guardians because the best Halo is always the next Halo. And because the Forge reveal made me soil myself.
This! :)