Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Motion Tracker: Buff It or Remove It?

OP AuthorPhoenix89

Buff the Motion Tracker or Remove It Completely

Make Your Selection:

So, as it stands, the motion tracker is the one definitive thing I can point to that is ruining my enjoyment of Halo 5's multiplayer.

The reason for that is because the range, IMHO, is far too short. With how much faster and more agile players are now, especially with the Dash and Shoulder Charge abilities, I find that the 18 meter range offered by the current motion tracker is woefully inadequate. It cannot give you any reasonable head's up that someone is coming your way like it could in previous Halo games. Even in Halo 4, the motion tracker was a reliable way to watch your own back and flanks when you couldn't see any enemies in your actual field of view. In Halo 5 however, all the motion tracker can reliably do is tell you that you're about to die. It's especially frustrating when I get killed by someone who I know I would have actually had the drop on in any other Halo game because of the increased tracker range. As it stands now, all the motion tracker does is distract me and therefore get me killed, and if 343's not going to buff it, I would rather they simply remove it entirely and spare me the distraction of it.

So, those are my thoughts on the current state of the motion tracker, but I want to know what the community as a whole thinks. Thus the poll. Do you want the tracker buffed to 25 meters, left alone, or would you rather see it cut out completely so that it's no longer a distraction?
It's a part of Halo, like the UNSC. With increased mobility demands it to be buffed.
I agree the motion tracker is pointless at 18m, doesn't give no time to react By the time you see your opponent the motion tracker your already dead. most of my death is because of the motion tracker not telling me who's all around me till its too late . I'm one of those like look at my motion tracker 24/7. I enjoy halo 5 but the only thing that is making this game bad is the motion tracker it need a buff back to 25m.
I agree the motion tracker is pointless at 18m, doesn't give no time to react By the time you see your opponent the motion tracker your already dead. most of my death is because of the motion tracker not telling me who's all around me till its too late . I'm one of those like look at my motion tracker 24/7. I enjoy halo 5 but the only thing that is making this game bad is the motion tracker it need a buff back to 25m.
Proof of this can be found in BTB. BTB really feels like classic Halo on badly made maps.
I agree revert back to 25m for arena ranked matches. Would also like 343i to add a pro game types with no radar.
Either would be good, cuz having it at only 18 meters makes it nothing more than a useless distraction.
Please back to 25m I cant react to 18m its just too short
I agree revert back to 25m for arena ranked matches. Would also like 343i to add a pro game types with no radar.
They might do that considering breakout has no motion tracker
It gives it that extra satisfaction of making tactical movements you surprise around every corner plus there is always that skull to remove the motion tracker.
I literally don't use the motion tracker unless I'm sneaking around OR I see a vehicle on it. It is literally useless to me for preventing assassinations!!! It's THAT bad. PS; I thought it was at 25m, not 18? I could have sworn it says 25m under the tracker.