Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Next Anniversary

OP munkeemeaty

Just so you know I’m this hypothetical the making of this game won’t affect infinite’s development in any way.
I don't think we need a remaster for quite a while but I think it would be a cool thing if when Halo 3 hits 20 it gets a full on remake with updated engine, game mechanics, etc. sort of like what they did with the resident evil 2 remake.
I think we've had enough remasters for a while, not to mention the fact that 343 has enough on their plate as it is. But I still have to pick H3 for this list as wishful thinking lol.
I wanted an H3 Anniversary but it’s too late for something like that. I’m satisfied with how H3 looks on MCC though.
Halo 3 would be the logical answer, but it still looks very good despite being a 12+ year old game and I think that video game graphics would need to advance considerably before a remaster is warranted. Seriously, Halo 3 looks better than a number of games that have come out in the past 4-5 years.
I’m not a big anniversary game fan. As much as I loved CE - 3, I got my fill of those games when they were in their prime. If I get the urge to play them again, I will go boot up my og Xbox or 360. Anniversary games also rarely do the multiplayer justice and only offer a stripped down selection of playlists or maps. Halo 2 anniversary was nearly the perfect Halo game, but the decision to pair it with all the other games introduced bugs and playlist limitations that killed its hope for doing Halo 2 the justice it deserved.
To be honest I am tired of the remakes, remasters and anniversaries and want new games or sequels to already existing ip's.
If we get fully remastered re-releases of 3 and Reach with the full H2A treatment at least once in my lifetime I’d be pretty happy with that. They don’t really need it, but who cares? Usually a re release typically rejuvenates the player base, so that’s all I’d really be after. It’s not quite the same on the MCC.
I'd like to see some changes made to CEA.
The classic graphics aren't quite on par with the OG Xbox version as most people know, and in my opinion the level 343 Guilty Spark suffers greatly because of its updated graphics; it's largely shed the original's oppressive atmosphere by replacing the poorly-lit swamp with lush forest.
I don't think those changes would necessitate another game release, however.
Just imagine...
Halo CE because the original remaster is terrible and ruins many parts of the game. Halo 2 remaster was amazing and was truly the bar that should be set for remasters.
I don't think we need a remaster for quite a while but I think it would be a cool thing if when Halo 3 hits 20 it gets a full on remake with updated engine, game mechanics, etc. sort of like what they did with the resident evil 2 remake.
Agreed. The whole "remastered/anniversary" trend has become old and overused. Its time to focus on new games for a while. We can revisit the idea of remastering older games for their 20th+ anniversary when the time comes.
John9895 wrote:
Halo 3 would be the logical answer, but it still looks very good despite being a 12+ year old game and I think that video game graphics would need to advance considerably before a remaster is warranted. Seriously, Halo 3 looks better than a number of games that have come out in the past 4-5 years.
I agree! I've been achievement hunting around in Halo 3 and I always catch myself thinking how good it looks still.
I prefer just fix bugs and give maintenance to all them all.
Darn it, didn't make I'm time to vote. Assuming you meant remake and not remaster I'm gonna say Halo 3 since Halo 2 was the last remake. Would love to see H3 in slipspace engine, assuming slipspace is as good looking as those Infinite trailers lol
I'd hope they'd release a Halo 3 ODST anniversary either alongside Halo 3 or a little after.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show