Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

[Locked] Nice Job on abandoning Halo 5 and removing XP PACK

OP AnG3L0fd4ArkN55

What do you guys think

Poll Ended

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Its a known fact that 343 abandoned Halo 5 (best Example Halo 5 not optimized for Xbox Series console even tho they made MCC well optimized) but man I wanna really know who in the right mind came up with Level 152.
Secondly Nice job on removing the XP pack. If u r just gonna leave Halo 5 and work on MCC, its fine. But why remove XP Pack from the Store they removed instantly after people came back to grind(i know y, greedy MF).
And the only way to grind decent amount xp would be by playing Mythic Warzone FireFight. Even then its really hard with random teammates.

Any 343 executives MadaF...kers reading this do something right for Halo 5 release XP pack (Im not addressing any 343 employee Devs, just those top people As__hols who comes up with shity decisions like this. Atleast have some decency to let people get more XP or put the xp pack back in the store)

Last but not least if you guys at 343 ever think of putting the lvl 152 exclusive rewards in Halo Infinite Store, OHHH BROTHER just remember it would be much more worse than Halo Infinite trailer reaction and Crige the Monke Brute meme.
Look, they’ve been busy making Infinite. Of course Guardians isn’t getting the amount of updates/attention as it did when it came out. 343 Industries has their hands full. And because of Covid, that stunted everything they were trying to do. I don’t blame them for being behind.
Look, they’ve been busy making Infinite. Of course Guardians isn’t getting the amount of updates/attention as it did when it came out. 343 Industries has their hands full. And because of Covid, that stunted everything they were trying to do. I don’t blame them for being behind.
Soo u mean to say they had time to remove XP Pack but they can't add it back. And im not blaming any devs who actually worka on the game but the people behind coming up with the decision to remove and screw up the player base who wanted to atleast spend some time and grind up for Infinite. Its wasn't hard work to remove something that would have been good for players but it would be hard work to put it back.
Btw Halo 5: SR 6 ok
I really do wonder y
And did u really read the post
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I can never gain 152 in halo 5, because I am a pc gamer.
Soo u mean to say they had time to remove XP Pack but they can't add it back. And im not blaming any devs who actually worka on the game but the people behind coming up with the decision to remove and screw up the player base who wanted to atleast spend some time and grind up for Infinite. Its wasn't hard work to remove something that would have been good for players but it would be hard work to put it back.
I have nothing to say about the XP pack. I suppose they should’ve kept it in.

Btw Halo 5: SR 6 ok
I really do wonder y
And did u really read the post
Yes, I read the post, but now I’m confused. I thought this is another "343 abandoned us" threads..and as for my SR, I haven’t play Guardians.

Just to be clear, I only posted here thinking this was another 343 hate thread. But I suppose I was wrong. I guess I really shouldn’t have posted here because I don’t know a ton about Guardians. So now I feel like an idiot.
The XP packs have been constantly rotated in and out ever since they came up with them. They still actually exist in the MS store and can be bought with real money even when not available in-game. When available in-game you can buy them for Req Points (normally about 140/150k IIRC). So calm down, save up your Req Points, and when they inevitably get rotated back into the store, you'll have the chance to buy them with Req Points again.
But you can get the boosts with the REQ packs right? It is also an achievement that few will have, I am at level 109 and there are some who say that I will not reach level 152
They have been working their butts off on the better game if you don't like it, play mcc, they still update that
Ohhh my god anyone who didn't read please read properly. I have already mentioned its fine if they are focused on Halo Infinite

But why do they want to screw up people who are there and people who wants to come back to halo 5 for the Halo Infinite grind.
They aren't doing anything for Halo 5 so why not just leave it how it is back in Nov, Dec. The moment they saw people coming back for the grind they removed the XP Pack for game store. And please don't ask why don't y buy it from Microsoft Store.

Do some math then find u will find out how much u need (More than 100s of $ just lvl up from 145 onwards)
So... I'm assuming this post is about 343 taking the legendary boost packs out of the req store in game? Ok... we haven't had this discussion enough, let's have it again. You want 152 to be a handout... and that's a terrible idea. At last look, according to halo tracker, there are roughly 3.3k people who have reached 152 since release. That's a tribute to how exclusive the 152 club is. If you make it easier to get to 152 (i.e., permanent 2xp, permanent boosts is the store etc.), it waters down the reward you'll get and take away from it's meaning. Might as well just hand it out and give it away to everyone who's ever played Halo 5, since that's apparently what you want. I can also tell you, I bought a few of the legendary packs back in December, I still haven't touched them yet and I'm still making good progress. Also, you must be doing something wrong, in checking your service, the numbers just don't jive. You're sitting on almost 51 days of gameplay, and almost 6.5k matches... but yet you're only 2.2+m into 150?? Meanwhile pull mine up... I'll wait... I've got just over 33 days of gameplay, played almost 4.3k matches and I'm 2.6m into 152. For someone who really wants 152 and wants all the help you can get, you certainly aren't helping yourself. If you want 152, you should be making better choices. I'm not saying don't play arena at all (I occasionally like arena too)... but why play arena when you could be playing mythic firefight (or like this weekend, turbo) and get much better xp. I played a turbo match last night (we lost), used a green xp jackpot and still walked away with 15k. If 152 is important to you... you're going to have to make some different choices... it's not up to 343 to give away rewards... it's up to people to earn them.
And for that matter, must be friends with our achilles hater... took a page out of his playbook. Post got locked in Halo 5 so you skirt the system by reposting it over here? That's real mature.
The Legendary XP Boosts packs should never be viewed as a essential when grinding towards SR152. These packs should instead be viewed as a nice bonus. The strategy used for reaching the final rank quickly should never be based on a none permanent feature, it should instead be based on maximizing playtime and time effectiveness while still maintaining the enjoyment of playing the game.

Additionally, it should be noted that reaching the final rank is completely optional and it should also be noted that it isn't supposed to be easy to reach the final rank. It's instead something that is only given to the most hardcore player and it should in my opinion maintain this status. If it became too easy to reach the final rank, then it would just spoil the reward.
Prewojo wrote:
So... I'm assuming this post is about 343 taking the legendary boost packs out of the req store in game? Ok... we haven't had this discussion enough, let's have it again. You want 152 to be a handout... and that's a terrible idea. At last look, according to halo tracker, there are roughly 3.3k people who have reached 152 since release. That's a tribute to how exclusive the 152 club is. If you make it easier to get to 152 (i.e., permanent 2xp, permanent boosts is the store etc.), it waters down the reward you'll get and take away from it's meaning. Might as well just hand it out and give it away to everyone who's ever played Halo 5, since that's apparently what you want. I can also tell you, I bought a few of the legendary packs back in December, I still haven't touched them yet and I'm still making good progress. Also, you must be doing something wrong, in checking your service, the numbers just don't jive. You're sitting on almost 51 days of gameplay, and almost 6.5k matches... but yet you're only 2.2+m into 150?? Meanwhile pull mine up... I'll wait... I've got just over 33 days of gameplay, played almost 4.3k matches and I'm 2.6m into 152. For someone who really wants 152 and wants all the help you can get, you certainly aren't helping yourself. If you want 152, you should be making better choices. I'm not saying don't play arena at all (I occasionally like arena too)... but why play arena when you could be playing mythic firefight (or like this weekend, turbo) and get much better xp. I played a turbo match last night (we lost), used a green xp jackpot and still walked away with 15k. If 152 is important to you... you're going to have to make some different choices... it's not up to 343 to give away rewards... it's up to people to earn them.
Here is the thing till December i was 148. I hit 150 with in 1 and half months from playin Mythic FireFight. And the best part is i have 111 days on Halo registered by Xbox and 30+ on Warzone days registered by Halo 5. I have been playing this game since 2015 and i have put more time than most people but some of them hav reached 152 but i won't complain about that what i want to know is y do i have to play only Mythic Firefight to earn high XP (and make myself mind numb) or even why did 343 decide to remove an XP pack from the shop even they are doing jack -Yoink- for the game.

And the thing is i have been playing Mythic Firefight but the reason why I bought this up becoz i have been joining up Xbox halo groups and this is what anyone who even plays nowadays says. Even Pro's (what some twitch streams and ask them)

And here is the states for my boosters
Used to have
97 Legendary Xp
210 Blue Xp
250 Jackpot Xp
35 Gambit AI Xp

Current Boosters in hand
31 Legendary
200 Blue Xp
180 Jackpot XP
11 Gambit AI i can definitely hit lvl 152 in 1 or 2 months but compared to my 5 years 2 months -Yoinking!- months spent in this game.

Im complaining about the issue i have faced ( spent a -Yoink- ton of time still not there yet even though i have 111 days send) and for others who have been grinding this game who are having issues (they are not lucky enough to get as much booster as i did)
Btw if u want screenshot of my current booster u can message me i will send it as a proof that i have enough.
Prewojo wrote:
Here is the thing till December i was 148. I hit 150 with in 1 and half months from playin Mythic FireFight. And the best part is i have 111 days on Halo registered by Xbox and 30+ on Warzone days registered by Halo 5. I have been playing this game since 2015 and i have put more time than most people but some of them hav reached 152 but i won't complain about that what i want to know is y do i have to play only Mythic Firefight to earn high XP (and make myself mind numb) or even why did 343 decide to remove an XP pack from the shop even they are doing jack -Yoink- for the game.

And the thing is i have been playing Mythic Firefight but the reason why I bought this up becoz i have been joining up Xbox halo groups and this is what anyone who even plays nowadays says. Even Pro's (what some twitch streams and ask them)

Used to have
97 Legendary Xp
210 Blue Xp
250 Jackpot Xp
35 Gambit AI Xp

Current Boosters in hand
31 Legendary
200 Blue Xp
180 Jackpot XP
11 Gambit AI i can definitely hit lvl 152 in 1 or 2 months but compared to my 5 years 2 months -Yoinking!- months spent in this game.

Im complaining about the issue i have faced ( spent a -Yoink- ton of time still not there yet even though i have 111 days send) and for others who have been grinding this game who are having issues (they are not lucky enough to get as much booster as i did)
Btw if u want screenshot of my current booster u can message me i will send it as a proof that i have enough.
I never played Halo 5 MP until July 28, 2020 (check my game history). In that time, I've gotten a little over 33 game days in... in 5 years, almost six (since 2015 by your own admission) you have 51 game days. I have more xp than you in that you do. I don't spam mythic firefight or use legendary boosts, go through my game history and verify that. I play to have fun with friends and play game types i enjoy. I will admit that unless it's a game type ( thoroughly enjoy like action sack), I'm only in arena long enough to get my win pack, and then I go back to either regular firefight, or warzone. I also have played less MP matches than you (you have 6.5k, I have 4.3k). I've never used any of my gambits (I'm not even a decent player). I've only ever used my win boosts, the jackpots, or the straight up boost reqs. And aside from arena (where I've used about 30-40 of my legendary boosts), I just now got to my blue boosts. I'm not worried about it enough for you to send me pics of what you have and don't have. All I'm trying to point out is that 1) your story and your numbers don't add up. If you've been playing since 2015, AND you've been playing mythic firefight since they made it permanent last fall, there's no way for me to have more xp than you, with less game time and less matches. And 2) Check all the other threads in the halo 5 page about this (where this thread originally got locked I might add) and see all posts about people wanting boost packs back permanently and permanent 2xp (some even want 3 and 4xp). It's a terrible idea and it'll alienate more people than it'll bring in. It'll water down the reward (such as it is) for Infinite, and it'll take away from the prestige of actually getting 152. The 3500 or so people that already earned 152, they didn't have permanent 2xp... nor did they have boost packs permanently in store like you're suggesting. The only way I see them doing anything (although I don't think they should) is say a month before Infinite release, they might do something for Halo 5 (and maybe MCC) to catch people up or give them a refresher if they stepped away from Halo for a bit, just to get them back in the swing of things. But to say 343 needs to put legendary boost packs up in the req store permanently, is a bad idea. Along with the idea of permanent 2xp and the like. Leave it the way it is (for what it's worth), keep it the same as it was for everyone else who's earned 152 already, and if people really want 152 (like myself)... they have to survive the trial.
Prewojo wrote:
Prewojo wrote:

Used to have
97 Legendary Xp
210 Blue Xp
250 Jackpot Xp
35 Gambit AI Xp

Current Boosters in hand
31 Legendary
200 Blue Xp
180 Jackpot XP

I never played Halo 5 MP until July 28, 2020 (check my game history). In that time, I've gotten a little over 33 game days in... in 5 years, almost six (since 2015 by your own admission) you have 51 game days. I have more xp than you in that you do. I don't spam mythic firefight or use legendary boosts, go through my game history and verify that. I play to have fun with friends and play game types i enjoy. I will admit that unless it's a game type ( thoroughly enjoy like action sack), I'm only in arena long enough to get my win pack, and then I go back to either regular firefight, or warzone. I also have played less MP matches than you (you have 6.5k, I have 4.3k). I've never used any of my gambits (I'm not even a decent player). I've only ever used my win boosts, the jackpots, or the straight up boost reqs. And aside from arena (where I've used about 30-40 of my legendary boosts), I just now got to my blue boosts. I'm not worried about it enough for you to send me pics of what you have and don't have. All I'm trying to point out is that 1) your story and your numbers don't add up. If you've been playing since 2015, AND you've been playing mythic firefight since they made it permanent last fall, there's no way for me to have more xp than you, with less game time and less matches. And 2) Check all the other threads in the halo 5 page about this (where this thread originally got locked I might add) and see all posts about people wanting boost packs back permanently and permanent 2xp (some even want 3 and 4xp). It's a terrible idea and it'll alienate more people than it'll bring in. It'll water down the reward (such as it is) for Infinite, and it'll take away from the prestige of actually getting 152. The 3500 or so people that already earned 152, they didn't have permanent 2xp... nor did they have boost packs permanently in store like you're suggesting. The only way I see them doing anything (although I don't think they should) is say a month before Infinite release, they might do something for Halo 5 (and maybe MCC) to catch people up or give them a refresher if they stepped away from Halo for a bit, just to get them back in the swing of things. But to say 343 needs to put legendary boost packs up in the req store permanently, is a bad idea. Along with the idea of permanent 2xp and the like. Leave it the way it is (for what it's worth), keep it the same as it was for everyone else who's earned 152 already, and if people really want 152 (like myself)... they have to survive the trial.
Totally agree here. The Legendary boost packs were always rotational and should stay as such. They aren't required to get to SR152, and there are plenty of other routes too.

They already said in the clearest terms possible before they even showed the SR152 rewards in Infinite: it won't be worth the grind if you're just grinding for grind's/the rewards sake. The items in Infinite are a token of appreciation for those who reached 152 for their dedication to the game (and probably in part recognition that compared to Reach the max rank rewards in game were pretty paltry in H5).

SR152 is not something they ever designed for people to grind to, but many players will/have reach(ed) it organically through their play
Haha skirmisher
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.*Original post. Click at your own discretion.Its a known fact that 343 abandoned Halo 5 (best Example Halo 5 not optimized for Xbox Series console even tho they made MCC well optimized) but man I wanna really know who in the right mind came up with Level 152.
Secondly Nice job on removing the XP pack. If u r just gonna leave Halo 5 and work on MCC, its fine. But why remove XP Pack from the Store they removed instantly after people came back to grind(i know y, greedy MF).
And the only way to grind decent amount xp would be by playing Mythic Warzone FireFight. Even then its really hard with random teammates.

Any 343 executives MadaF...kers reading this do something right for Halo 5 release XP pack (Im not addressing any 343 employee Devs, just those top people As__hols who comes up with shity decisions like this. Atleast have some decency to let people get more XP or put the xp pack back in the store)
Last but not least if you guys at 343 ever think of putting the lvl 152 exclusive rewards in Halo Infinite Store, OHHH BROTHER just remember it would be much more worse than Halo Infinite trailer reaction and Crige the Monke Brute meme.
I do agree that they have been harder to come by. Now I have to find a direct link to the packs on the MS store and I havent seen those packs in the req store for a few months. Usually they would be out with WZ turbo.