Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

[POLL]Halo: Reach or Halo 5, Which game is better?

OP CRUSADER ZORRO

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 30
you had a chance to fight for steak in reach. that kind of community interaction is unparalleled
YES! That was a great event.
Reach.
personally feel halo reach had a much better story than halo 5 as halo 5s story was a huge letdown for me. as for multiplayer i think halo five is more fun but again just personal opinion
Halo: Reach is and always will be my favorite Halo game. The incredible wealth of customization options, from Firefight 2.0 to custom games and Forge World, simply puts all other games to shame. There are also more ways to play the game; I think it had more custom game options than any other Halo game, Firefight offered an excellent PvE alternative to multiplayer in which you could play with most of your favorite toys in the Halo sandbox without other players getting in the way, and could also be tailored to your personal preferences. I also loved being able to see my custom Spartan in the Campaign, even in the cutscenes, and the vehicle levels with the Falcon and Sabre were just awesome.

Sure, the game had it's problems; Armor Lock could be irritating at times, as could Active Camo (especially on big maps), but other than that, it was a fun game. While I prefer Halo 5's Spartan Abilities to armor abilities, the ability to customize the game to my hearts content, having so many different ways to play, and seeing my personal SPARTAN-III represented everywhere in the game including Campaign... Halo 5: Guardians simply can't compare.

At least, not in it's current state. Add Firefight 3.0 with all the things Halo: Reach's Firefight didn't have (AI teammates, squad commands, REQs big vehicles like the Scorpion, Mantis, Phaeton, and Falcon) and Halo 5 just might replace Halo: Reach as my favorite Halo game.
Im just going to come out and say it, once 343 took over halo, none of the halo's since Reach has been anything to be excited about. Halo has lost its touch.
zPSR wrote:
personally feel halo reach had a much better story than halo 5 as halo 5s story was a huge letdown for me. as for multiplayer i think halo five is more fun but again just personal opinion
Halo:Reach broke canon= it threw out what was written in the book "The fall of reach" so the story for Halo:Reach made literally no sense.
Halo 5 is better, but both are amazing.
Which game do you guys think is better?

*These are some of the things we can compare but I want to see what your lists are, this is just an example*

Halo reach: has more game types, has armor affects, Nameplates, split screen and more overall variety of customization options for the Spartan and Elite.

Halo 5: has req packs, bigger population, new characters in campaign, and 343i to help add new things to multiplayer like maps, playlists etc
I'm going with Reach for a few reasons.
First of all, it was the first huge change, Armor abilities, improved firefight, an incredible ranking system, tons of unlockable armor which you had to buy with in game credits. The campaign was extraordinary, we got to experience the fight for the Spartan IIs birthplace, where they trained and became who they were from 6 years old. It was the prologue to our wonderful series. It was a perfect sidegame. That's why it wasn't called Halo 4.

Halo 5: Guardians. Let's see. Very little focus on Chief and blue team. The ads for the game were all misleading. Locke is a moronic wannabe, although he redeemed himself somewhat by the end. Everyone was excited to see the Arbiter again, yet he wasn't in the game very long. They called this campaign "The longest in the series" yet it really wasn't that long at all. It has 12 missions. No one should ever count those 3 bogus 2 minute ones. Halo: CE has 10. That's only 2 missions longer than the first game. Look at Halo 2, it was very similar, it was split between Master Chief and the Arbiter, but they did it very well, everyone loves the Arbiter, and he didn't get more spotlight than the Chief. Let's not forget that there is a huge, unexplained gap between this game and Halo 4. If This game were to have been called Halo: Guardians, it would've been respected much more. It truly does not deserve to be called Halo 5.
reach.
I spend mot of my time hosting custom games when i play halo. I mean hell i have over a month of time clocked in custom games just on halo 3. So I think reach is better for the simple reason for game diversity I mean invasion was every forgers dream I saw ppl do things in that game type that no one else could. So reach all the way
Halo 5 is by far the better game, each game has progressed and got better imo. Yh the new games take some getting used to but the addition of sprint imo in halo will always be welcomed and the fact of the bloom in reach was annoying, and yh so was armour lock but I think it's now reached a peak and with the addition of new games and maps is a certain so why criticise a game that's as new as guardians?
The only thing i'd change about halo 5 is the armor and the way you get it. Rather you earn it rather than getting it packs..like fifa or something. I liked the Halo Reach system..you had the armor appropriate to your level, so those who were just a recruit or something had the basic armor and a..colonel for example had much more complex armor. I think that was best suited.
So like im getting tired of things that worked in reach. Like for starters the in game voip is garbage. I can talk to my party in a lobby in reach why can i not do it before it loads the stage here. Oh hey the BR starts aren't here. The no objective game type playlist. I dont want slayer or break out i want some ctf, old ball, assualt you know the works. Forge within a month would be nice. Oh i could sit here and tell you guys some interesting thins about h5 so far. like the square reticle. It may look round but it a square :P
Reach. At least I could do something much more useful with gaining armour etc, LMAO.
I love both games, but I'm gonna have to go with 5....just has a better story, and a wider selection of Armour!
Due to next gen graphics and new game mechanics, i think Halo 5 just edges Halo Reach but Reach is still one of the greatest.
For my halo reach was the best halo game on the xbox 360 but i think that halo 5 can do it better you get every month free content
5 is just a better game. Master Chief ftw. Besides apart from Infection and Firefight Reach doesn't have much that even Halo 4 didn't have. Forge on Halo 5 will be epic
Also the armour designs seem more realistic in my opinion. That's for Reach.
Halo 5 needs more game types then it would be better than reach
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 30