Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

[POLL]Halo: Reach or Halo 5, Which game is better?

OP CRUSADER ZORRO

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 30
I love everything about Halo Reach especially the armor customization, armor effects, armor ability, custom games, and forge. Halo 5 is cool too but it just doesn't have enough of the freedom feel to it. Halo Reach.
I think that halo 5 is way better than reach by along shot I didn't feel like I was playing halo in reach or 4 to be exact this is the closest thing to halo since bungie let got of it but that is my opinion
i think reach's multiplayer was the best of all the "bungie" halo games.
Same goes for halo 5 which is the better game so far from 343.
I don't think you should compare them because although they have the same gameplay basics, the style (speed) is totally different.
if I should think of one thing halo 5 misses that reach has, it would off course be split screen.
but other than that they are both great games.
I love everything about Halo Reach especially the armor customization, armor effects, armor ability, custom games, and forge. Halo 5 is cool too but it just doesn't have enough of the freedom feel to it. Halo Reach.
I think the way the armor is distributed in halo 5, it results in more diversity than ever. In reach you had certain helmets and armor that nearly everybody was wearing, the haybusa kit for example. By now I've put a decent amount of hours in halo 5 multiplayer and not once I saw two guys wearing the same armor.
I will always have a soft spot for Reach. But Halo 5 is a great game to! I don't like seeing the Halo community dividing itself over this.
how was my least favourite halo game.
This is a really hard question since Halo 5's multiplayer is far better than Reach's but Reach is better in every other way. Reach has a longer campaign, has an epic Firefight and Forge and we can have theater in campaign. I'm sorry Halo 5. Your Multiplayer is great but I'm going to have to go with Reach.
The story for Halo 5 is definitely better since it is present rather than a prequel. However the multiplayer for Reach was so new for the Halo franchise and the maps were awesome so its hard to pick. Don't get me wrong I still like Halo 5 multiplayer but Halo Reach definitely started it. It depends on what you find more important to a game. Personally I'm loving Halo 5.

Edit: Forge is also a large factor leaning in Reach's way. Sadly, forge has been lacking ever since Reach.
Reach is probably my least favorite in the series. It's not a terrible game as whole. I do feel like some missteps were taken in multiplayer.
I voted for Halo: Reach

In my opinion, Halo Reach was the better of the two because Halo 5 simply is not a typical Halo game.

To expand: Halo Reach was the last of the familiar halo series we have all grown up to love and respect. Following closely to its predecessor (Halo 3, Halo 2, Halo Combat Evolved) in multiplayer and community based game play; while also taking notes from Halo outliers like ODST and its story telling components as well as fire fight. Halo Reach basically took everyone's favorite components from the different games and presented them all together in one smooth and awesome package. Forge mode was provided at launch, was improved upon tremendously, and made larger than life for endless community creations. The Armors and added affects allowed personalization along with a little extra flair because the game knew it wasn't above giving you a flaming or a trail of fluttering hearts for the heck of it. And let us not forget the little things which everyone looks fondly back to like split screen, file shares, and firefights so friends could all hang together, kick back, fight endless waves of grunts with rocket launchers, and post the most memorable screen shots or clips to their file share for everyone to enjoy. To reiterate, Halo: Reach was a summation of everything Halo fans had loved about the series hence far.
Halo 5 has diverged significantly from the original path founded previously. The largest and most obvious difference between the other games and Halo 5 is that it is trying to be more like other successful games of the more recent era; attempting to appeal to a different growing audience while leaving the faithful behind; in search of greener pastures if I may. Where the focus for Reach revolved around "what made us great and what can we do to bring it all together to go out with a bang", it is clear Halo 5 tailors to following the most popular and profitable trends in gaming now; i.e. Counter Strike and other competitive shooters.
Many of the central themes in Halo 5's core mechanics can be directly linked to CSGO and trends in the "lowest common denominator" of games. My first point is the Req packs introduced into the Halo series for the first time. "Suspiciously" similar to Weapon cases in CSGO, it is a mechanic used in many free to play games in order to exploit a gamboling tendency everyone is wired to be susceptible to. Other articles cover this in much more depth, so look online for more information. The fact is that statistics clearly show the general populous is more sold by these mystery packages than ever before (Card Packs, Hearthstone; Mystery Chests, League; Loot Crates; etc.) and therefore means more young gamers will put down their Minecraft pick axes and pick up Halo 5.
On that note, Halo 5 is trying to appeal to the staggeringly large number of young gamers watching twitch and Minecraft videos by making in game mechanics more competitive. This is actually good in my opinion because the added precision play tailors to my competitive spirit. With built in 60 fps and faster paced games, Halo games are more suited to become popular on live streams instead of only having short "bloopers" worthy to be watched on YouTube like what was popular on games past. The problem with it all is that it was done in order to appeal to the masses and sell copies, therefore became priority and put many important aspects on backburner that classic Halo fans would want dearly. Split Screen was removed to keep the 60 fps standard at all times, the campaign story was short and very linear, forge mode will not be available for 2 months after launch, and many small joys like viewing metals and file shares have been totally removed.

All in all Halo Reach was made by the Halo Family for the Halo Community, where Halo 5 was made for the larges group of games making up the market. Hopefully whit the release of Forge mode in a couple months, the community aspect of Halo will shine through and save it all.

Thanks for hearing my thoughts and no matter your opinion, keep having fun, because you know I am.
Catch you on the flip side,
Loco Monkey Ro
Raptor Brothel
Halo Reach was personally my favourite Halo game in the series in terms of multiplayer, ranking and reward system :) I'm loving Halo 5 also but Reach will always be my greatest multiplayer experience... looking forward to playing it again with the Xbox One backwards compatibility update!!!
Reach is overrated.
I don't know its a hard choice, but in my personal opinion I vote and say REACH. Reasons you might ask? Well as far as story went there weren't any bad parts I felt immersed the entire game which was a first in a while (Not to say other Halo's weren't as good!). The multiplayer had multiple stages of relentless fun and ended well tho still active :D yay! Who remembers Infected before TeamKILL patch? LOL the best days of my teen childhood high school days were late night LANS with friends drinking all the soda and team killing on infected...don't hate me we all did it! I remember one time me and a friend of mine single handedly got the opposing team to QUIT! Because we just kept jumping off the ledge to avoid them getting kills. Thus a negative score and one of the best wins ever. Just a few minor but hilarious moments that make me feel reach was better. Also the community was amazing, every lobby had mics, ODST armor and helmet, Rank progress, Forge (Yes I know its coming soon to Halo 5 BUT its not here now, so meh), Firefight! Voted REACH all the way.

Reach was pretty terrible.
NEGATIVE. NOPE. WRONG.
that was a tough choice
Reach had pro games with Dmr. H5 haven't any playlist with Br. So Reach.
I would say that halo reach has the better Spartan customization and unlock method but halo 5 has the better multiplayer
In multiplayer Halo 5 ist better.
I found these armor effect, extreme overpowerd.
there have either all invisible hiding in the corner or bowled with overcharge in melee.
The only mode i´m missing in Halo 5 is firefight.
Reaches multiplayer was a damn mess. Armor lock negating any and all damage, shedding plasma grenades to boot. A banshee that was GROSSLY overpowered that anyone could easily go 25-0 in.

I wouldn't have had such a problem with reach if it weren't for the broken armor abilities. Rockets placed on the top of a stairwell? Screw that fly over the whole structure with jet packs that propel you 50+ feet.
Halo 5 has to be one of the best games in the franchise.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 30