Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

[POLL]Halo: Reach or Halo 5, Which game is better?

OP CRUSADER ZORRO

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 30
Half and half I suppose.
DreadGrunt wrote:
Halo Reach.

It's campaign at least had an ending.
A damn good one at that imo. Lone Wolf is still my favorite mission in the Halo franchise, just because there's no way for your Spartan to survive. There is no happy ending.
And its a conclusion and they actually take the risk of - yes, the protagonist dies.

In halo 5 ***SPOILERS BELOW***

They revive Cortana! WTF?! I thought 343i would have enough guts to just go with it - like yeah, you bet your -Yoink- we killed one of the most important characters, deal with it.
Yeah, H5's story disappointed the hell out of me.

I'm a huge fan of the EU (I spend most of my Waypoint time in the Universe section) and I actually liked Bungies retcon of the Fall of Reach storyline. It felt like an actual military campaign that was going decently at first and started to unravel and become very bleak. Not to mention they did work the books storyline into it with some more work.

H5 on the other hand, the story didn't grab me at all. I haven't replayed any of it really, maybe a mission or two to kill time while I'm waiting for people but that's it. I know I'm going to be playing tons of Reach again when backwards compatibility comes out.
Reach really set the standard that other franchises have borrowed. Playing Halo is like playing COD. I miss the days of head to head no special effects, SMG vs. SMG. Halo Reach had too much work for achievements, Halo 4 lowered sum, but come on, having to get a couple thousand plasma pistol kills was nuts...which I never did. Halo 5 has had 400 million in sales, but I think it will get only to 600 million or so. Halo 5 is not that good of a game. I might play Reach again, I still need 1,000,000 for the last armor pieces.
Reach for the win.
I woulda chose reach, if I didn't require an ability to sprint
I like the new way ftom the storyline because it was the plan that cortana became the villan in halo CE but im glatt that this is never get but now is a great idea that cortana became the villan only covant is with the time boring after 5 games and i have a very very little hope that the flood comes back
Two game tottaly different and i love both of them! Love the campaign of reach, i love the fact of it is your spartan the hero... But 5... Faster stronger better!
That's kind of hard for me to say.
They're both REALLY good games in my opinion
But I can't really pick one
Correct me if im wrong but i thought its been normal for Halo titles to offer a small selection of gametypes on launch. Theres always more added over time to keep you keen which makes sence to me. Halo games have some of the best game types ever. And the quantity is vast over time. People need to chill with the hate and be patient.
Currently i prefer Halo: Reach, However Halo 5: Guardians continues to grow on me more and more each game i play, and seeing as i now have 2 weeks off work to couch surf and play games i am sure i will come to enjoy it even more, The Halo 5 campaign was a complete success in my eyes anyway, having read the books it truly was awesome to see other Spartan II's that you got to know so well in the books, it really bridged the gap.
Halo 5 is better because no armor lock. Reach helped process the series and wasn't a bad game.
Halo 5
Reach is better, it had armor lock, but it doesn't have spartan locke.

It's maps were far better than anything I have seen in this game. Better weapon placement, better objective placement, better spawning, better map sizes, more maps, multiplayer maps are not blatant rip offs of each other.

Campaign is miles better then H5's, they will actually be hard pressed to ever beat Noble team in terms of personality and growth.

Firefight isn't even in H5.

Invasion is better then war zone. War zone is really just a watered down version that they sprinkled some stuff in to spice it up.

The part were H5 wins slightly is the gun play is better due to AR, SMG, Storm riffle being an actual option to use. It's worse because BR and the all mighty pistol make it so picking up a light riffle or DMR or Carbine isn't the best option. Then again the pistol and BR are damn near the same weapon. Also the maps don't support DMR game play well at all thanks to them being to small. Also a lot of power weapons are weaker.

Armor abilities are about the same in both games. Shoulder charge is -Yoink-, complete -Yoink- it is almost completely nonpunishable. Slide and Thruster do the same thing as evade did but have some slight improvements.
I really liked reach forge and custom games and I hope halo 5 forge and custom games will be better.
It's been forever since I played Reach, but I'll come back to this after the XBOne update releases and I can play Reach again
I enjoy halo 5 but it gets boring due to the lack of game-types but it's fun to play with mates, warzone gets boring as well but yeah it's fun and it's the best way to get req points and xp, Reach was fun but disliked some maps but I still enjoyed multiplayer
Halo 5 is by far my favorite since halo 1
halo reach. It has split screen and that's it for me.
H5 Reach was trash..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 30