Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

[POLL]Halo: Reach or Halo 5, Which game is better?

OP CRUSADER ZORRO

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 30
Reach for the community and customs (so far) 5 for gameplay
Right now, I think that Halo: Reach is better because it has much more content than Halo 5 at the time.
Customization wise? Halo Reach, easily. Halo Reach, if you had God like armor that was very unique and almost impossible to unlock, it really meant something. Now in Halo 5, all you do is grind to get a Gold pack and have a chance to get almost any armor piece, so if some level 5 kid has the unicorn armor, it isn't being a pure badass- its luck. My vote is on Halo Reach campaign wise. For one, story makes sense and is actually applicable to the Halo world, having main characters dying in an epic shootout(except Kat) and it makes you feel legendary. Halo 5, if you die, you can get back up if your NPCS from the team can grab ahold of common sense. Plus the story at this point was the worst cliffhanger that it makes movies saying to be continued at the end be better than this. Either way, for Multiplayer, Warzone feels like whoever has more cards wins, and really its another game with your outcome determined solely on your card deck. Reach's Multiplayer might have not been the best but it sure did do a damn good job with Invasion and how they used Elites. I would compare any other game modes, but since Halo 5 has very few if any. So, I think adding maybe something PvE related like Spartan Ops or Firefight, that would be tremendous. Please add more game modes though, seriously, it makes Destiny have a more Activity range.
I do wish Halo5 had daily, weekly and monthly challenges to earn extra Req packs. I would also love to earn Req packs during the campaign.
themanss22 wrote:
What? no both. I like both of the game's. :(
This is a poll of which one is better though :P both can't be the best haha
No, both are great in their own way and Halo is the best.
halo reach. It has split screen and that's it for me.
Split-screen...good thing I got one controller cause my brother broke my other controller cause he was raging lol (oh great wasting money to buy another controller)
I personally enjoy H5 better but time will tell...
Halo Reach for sure. Great campaign, great multiplayer (especially Invasion), great forge and great Firefight. It was just, a great game.
I really enjoy both of these games but Im going to have to give this one to Halo 5 just due to the amount of content there will be for it. Warzone is super fun laid back gaming and I love the req system. Can't wait for BTB either. Love the looks of the headlong remake.
"Has more gametypes", they are going to add a ton more and the game came out two weeks ago.

To me, Halo Reach was better for custom games and armor, but Halo 5 is better for everything else.
Listen they are not adding more gametypes, no they are adding it just for a weekend. Halo Reach had a lot of gametypes and not just only competitive ones, but also fun ones. Look Halo shouldn't be a game that is all about competitive. It should mainly be about the fun and competitive together. Lots of people play just one particuliar game if they have a lot of fun with that particulair game. We need to have arena for the competitive gameplay, but also the non-competitive side like action sack game-types, team-sniper and infection/flood. That would be way better for the community. 343 Industries just give us a less amount of gametypes so we have no empty matches or long waiting time. I think what they are trying to do is take a look how the community is doing with new gametypes in the weekend. If the matches are about equal divided and if the population in Halo 5 stays high. In that case yes we'll recieve more gametypes with a permanant staying. Forge is not delayed, because they want it to be smooth running. No, because Halo 5 brings a lot of new fresh players and adding Forge 2 months after release would seem like it would be an extreme higher new fresh dlc for the new Halo players. Halo 5 is all about marketing, 343 Industries just tell things slidly in a different way so it seems like this great thing, but it actually is that. That is mainly the problem right now. Look we have waited for about three years right now for a new Halo game. Everything should be finished it's probely marketing, but if Forge really has bugs and not finshed they need to work harder or hire more people.

Still Halo 5 Guardians is a good halo game, but it could have been 10 times better if it was not all about marketing and competitive. And Halo Reach was indeed the best Halo game for custum games and we had a pretty good communtity. I do agree on armor, halo 4/5 armor is pretty weird tho...
Dude I hated Reach. It nearly drove the franchise off a cliff.
Dumb poll tbh compare the two when H5 completes its life cycle otherwise the vast majority of people will obviously pick reach.
All this. Reach has the advantage of having fully matured. For all we know, Halo 5 can progress to be better or worse. At the moment, we need to wait a bit more before comparing.
Which game do you guys think is better?

*These are some of the things we can compare but I want to see what your lists are, this is just an example*

Halo reach: has more game types, has armor affects, Nameplates, split screen and more overall variety of customization options for the Spartan and Elite.

Halo 5: has req packs, bigger population, new characters in campaign, and 343i to help add new things to multiplayer like maps, playlists etc
Greetings, & What-it Look-like, To me it Looks-like 5 Ani't no Jive, #1 Under the Sun, *HALO 5 Guardians*!. My Hat is Off to 343 & The Mircosoft-Teams for a Job Well-Done!. Respectfully Submitted : D9X : The ELDER
5 right now is behind Reach and 3 for me. Let's see how Forge is and if they'll add mode modes.
Look the only reason we have no invasion and why we won't get it is because 343 Industries wants halo to have a realistic story background. Like why COD players are being sarcastic about: You can jump 2 metres high, like that is more realistic than COD. Yeah we can do that, because of you're being a spartan, normal marines aren't able of doing that. Just like having a shield on their armor. Anyways since Halo 4 multiplayer has become a simulation. Just like in Halo 5 is said when the match is getting started: "running simulation". So that's why you are fighting against ONLY other spartans I guess, sounds pretty logic to me just because you are playing as a spartan and practice by simulations. Still you could make up a story why you're could be playing as a elite.
"Has more gametypes", they are going to add a ton more and the game came out two weeks ago.

To me, Halo Reach was better for custom games and armor, but Halo 5 is better for everything else.
Listen they are not adding more gametypes, no they are adding it just for a weekend. Halo Reach had a lot of gametypes and not just only competitive ones, but also fun ones. Look Halo shouldn't be a game that is all about competitive. It should mainly be about the fun and competitive together. Lots of people play just one particuliar game if they have a lot of fun with that particulair game. We need to have arena for the competitive gameplay, but also the non-competitive side like action sack game-types, team-sniper and infection/flood. That would be way better for the community. 343 Industries just give us a less amount of gametypes so we have no empty matches or long waiting time. I think what they are trying to do is take a look how the community is doing with new gametypes in the weekend. If the matches are about equal divided and if the population in Halo 5 stays high. In that case yes we'll recieve more gametypes with a permanant staying. Forge is not delayed, because they want it to be smooth running. No, because Halo 5 brings a lot of new fresh players and adding Forge 2 months after release would seem like it would be an extreme higher new fresh dlc for the new Halo players. Halo 5 is all about marketing, 343 Industries just tell things slidly in a different way so it seems like this great thing, but it actually is that. That is mainly the problem right now. Look we have waited for about three years right now for a new Halo game. Everything should be finished it's probely marketing, but if Forge really has bugs and not finshed they need to work harder or hire more people.

Still Halo 5 Guardians is a good halo game, but it could have been 10 times better if it was not all about marketing and competitive. And Halo Reach was indeed the best Halo game for custum games and we had a pretty good communtity. I do agree on armor, halo 4/5 armor is pretty weird tho...
The competitive focus stems from the complaints on the competitive gameplay of Halo 4. I never experienced any of the multiplayer, for any game, at its prime, so I'my basing this on the various threads I've read (I received the console and halo games as a gift a few months ago). Halo 5 will probably be my first true halo community experience.
My vote goes to H5 because it has a lot of potential with the future update/contents.

My heart goes with and will die with Reach though. First multiplayer experience (even though I played the hell out of Halo 1, 2, 3 campaign) and so far, a great customization system even though I like the randomness in H5 because there is no grinding to get a cool set/piece.
hard question
I miss armor effects! I want a flaming skull or lightning around me!
I loved Reach. So much. Campaign disappointment aside, 5 is great.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 30