Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

[POLL]Halo: Reach or Halo 5, Which game is better?

OP CRUSADER ZORRO

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 30
Halo 5 does not destroy canon like reach does
Although Halo 5 has a more modern feel to it with those little jets and gives a more competitive feeling when fighting other Spartans. Halo: Reach has a campaign you can't mess up, it's a pre-sequel after all. Halo 5 however has quite the story, alot of goods and bads, mostly bads if you ask me. However for the Multiplayer, Halo 5 would win. 343i just needs to add better nameplates with the actual name of the player on them, not just a grid of emblems.
Halo 5 has only been out for so long, just give it some time its called progress for a reason. All i feel h5 needs is a better slection of map variations, but like i said game is still new AF.... but the idea of reqs is TIGHT!! no more fighting over that one gun/sword.. and REACH was garbage good campain, but -Yoink- multiplayer,constant lag outs w big team.... at least h5 servers are dedicated to some extent, nothing pisses me off more than having a good game go dark only to have myslf back in a reach lobby like....... wtf.....
I have enjoyed all Halo games, but have to say I prefer Halo 5 at this point. It's just so much fun, I love Warzone.
Reach all -Yoinking!- day. Game is in every way superior.
Which game do you guys think is better?

*These are some of the things we can compare but I want to see what your lists are, this is just an example*

Halo reach: has more game types, has armor affects, Nameplates, split screen and more overall variety of customization options for the Spartan and Elite.

Halo 5: has req packs, bigger population, new characters in campaign, and 343i to help add new things to multiplayer like maps, playlists etc
It also has a more tactical feel in playing with your Spartan III mates. It also has firefight for co-op replayability. Somehow, somewhere along the lines Halo has been predominantly pro TDM, and drops all cooperative efforts, outside of campaign.
Wish they would bring back firefight
Halo 5 is turning out to be a great game
Overall Reach by far. Here is the thing about Reach, it's a complete game that doesn't ignore any of it's parts. When you play campaign (with your own personal Spartan might I add) you earn points towards unlocking new armor, plus you have commendations you can chase to add to the replay value. Also there is campaign scoring which is surprisingly missing from Halo 5.

Not feeling like jumping right into multiplayer but your not a campaign grinder like me; well jump into Firefight for a quick match where again you can earn points towards new armor again with it's own commendations.

With multiple game modes, custom games for both Firefight and Multiplayer commendations for them all, Halo Reach is a COMPLETE game! Not trying to take anything away from Halo 5 because I like it and think it's a solid game, it just falls short in some major areas.
halo 5 <3
i like halo 5 for competitive play but for fun and armor customization halo reach
Hex Hatch wrote:
Halo 5 is turning out to be a great game
How many people here actually played Reach upon release? Forge and multiplayer was taken hugely serious. The community around Forge alone was massive.
Reach was the worst Halo game. I love all Halo games, even Reach, but still it's the worst.
Customizability, as the OP mentions, is a huge deal, too. You can chose various helmets and attachments/ accessories for chest and helmets; comm. radios, lights, use helmets with/ without blast shield visors, add breathing apparatuses, grenadier vests, ammo clip vests, mesh/ camo covers as well as controlling individual knee/ shin, should and forearm pieces. In addition to visor colors.
DE SkHope wrote:
Reach was the worst Halo game. I love all Halo games, even Reach, but still it's the worst.
For why?
Reach was a hell of a lot more fun to play from day 1.
steele330 wrote:
I love how people act like reach was a good game yet when that "game" came out the community hated it more than cancer.
You obviously haven't been on Xbox that long for a statement like that. Halo 3 had the EXACT same reactions from the Halo 2 kids that Halo Reach had from the Halo 3 kids.
Reach was a great game. But Halo 5 has so much potential and I can only hope that 343 takes the shot.
Halo Reach was a lot of fun and I like how in Invasion there was a difference between the elites and spartans. Reach also had a more fun community and better customization. However, gameplay wise I feel like Halo 5 is better. I like the faster pace combat and the removal of armor abilities. I also really like the arena playlists.
DE SkHope wrote:
That whole thing about Reach being the worse was some stupid bandwagon malarkey that started and got into everyone's head...even, though, it was quite the contrary. Why? It wasn't just about Chief, the Covenant attack on humanity was a new thing...right around "first contact." The stories weren't getting bogged down with this whole stupid religious notion of the covenant and all these other sorts of deep complexities that we love and hate about Halo games before and after Reach. My favorite books are the ones where the covenant are this mystery and it being this "whole new war." As well as those bits where humanity is collecting and reverse engineering their shield technology etc.

In halo Reach, you felt more covert and more vulnerable/ expendable. The story constantly points out to you that none of this is going to end well. It had a very mortal aspect, and used a lot of rustic/ muted color tones. As opposed to the color-popping, cartoony, high-fantasy look that all Halo games use.

[Edit]From a gameplay aspect, it also introduced what we know and love about Halo, today and that was much needed, in order to evolve the series -- assassinations in multiplayer, sprint, jet packs/ thrusters, better weapon handling...I thought armor lock was an amazing detail, too. One that integrated Halo lore concept into action. If a ghost was rushing towards you, you could lock your armor and be indestructible, for a time. It is because of these reasons, so many purists hated the game. They didn't want it to evolve. They wanted it to remain largely an arena shooter...not unlike Unreal and Quake. That's when Reach began earning a bad name. So before you say that you hate Reach...know why you hate it, first...or if you just hate it because like everyone else, you're mislead by all the hate the Halo purists spread around shortly after its release.

Oh and Halo Reach also had the best soundtrack.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 30