Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

[POLL]Halo: Reach or Halo 5, Which game is better?

OP CRUSADER ZORRO

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. ...
  8. 30
halo 5 is a completely new step for halo thus it cant really be compared. if i was forced too though id choose reach
It is pointless comparing any prior Halo games to the masterpiece that is Halo 5. Halo 5 is a next gen game. All the previous Halo iterations were fun and certainly groundbreaking for their time, particularly Halo 2, but compared to Halo 5 they play like an old Nintendo game. Slow, slow, slow anddd slow. Important boundary pushing games for their time, but that time has long since passed.

Halo 5 reigns supreme as the greatest shooter of all time. It is the shooter by which all other shooters should be measured going forward. Every copy of Destiny, COD, and Battlefield should be thrown in the toilet because Halo 5 bleeps on them all.

Halo 5 is the measure. Halo 5 is the Kwisatz Haderach. Bow to the King.
JSA343 wrote:
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
Halo Reach had an unmatched campaign compared to Halo 5's sorry excuse for a story. And it had firefight, split screen, and awesome customization. But Halo 5 does have a really fun multiplayer, too bad it lacks so many gametypes and playlists.
Halo 5's sorry excuse for a story? Reach took The Fall of Reach, the first piece of Halo content ever released, even before CE, and ripped it apart. Nothing about Reach made sense with the established story.
It was 343i that reconciled the two stories, fixing Bungie's complete disregard for their own franchise's origin story, needing to pull together some elaborate plot work to make both of them canon without conflicting too much,
Could you elaborate? I just want to get a good idea of why you feel the story of Reach was so botched in the game.
Reach but only for FireFight, yeah I know Warzone has AI but its a sad shadow of FireFight maybe if there was more AI running around & not confined to one place on the map. (as in a roaming band of lets say 16 AI jumping in while your trying to kill the enemy team)
Halo 5 for sure, the abilities in halo reach felt awkward and half @$$. Mechanics were kinda clunky.. The release of the DMR and other weapons was a landmark in its own and has helped pave the way for H5.. But in all H5 is a better game
Reach was pretty awesome (though ODST had the better and more challenging Firefight IMO) and was one of my favorite X360 games...but it had some major issues. It had some utterly terrible maps (Paradiso was a thing of sheer terror) and since everyone could have any armor ability said maps also had little to no actual game flow. Additionally it tried but still failed to make Tier 2 weapons viable options (something that Bungie could not do since the release of Halo 2) which meant that if you weren't using a DMR or Needle Rifle (or power weapon of course) you were just asking for it.

Halo 5 on the other hand improves on pretty much every aspect of the Halo formula while finally adding a new dynamic gameplay system that actually works (spartan abilities>>>>>>>>armor abilities). Weapon balancing and feedback are absolutely amazing and the best they have been in the series. Map design is (baring Orion) decent to great (if not phenomenal) and having map control be a thing again is such a treat! The only thing Reach has going for it in comparison to Halo 5 is BTB and that is something that should correct itself in a couple of weeks.
They could bring in a few elements from reach. But overall Hall 5 is better. I miss invasion. That's about it.
Halo 5
Reach was fun but not enough you can do with your Spartan. I like how you can do more with Spartan abilities, they help you evade and kill.
ts a bit of a tough one.
For online vs
I prefer the in-house maps of reach but i prefer the "forge" in-house maps for 5. just preference there
actual storyline is reach but level design for campaign and how the levels cover/enemies scenarios/weapons are laid out 5 is better.

The multiplayer left alot to be desired on reach to be fair not much on map amounts at launch, and the spartan abilities were impractical for the most part, i prefer 5 but fix that matchmaking im sick of fathom and rig. and theres so many other maps viable for slayer ive not seen.

Halo 5 has a good solid map selection though at release so the game has more promise than Reach when the content gets brought out
Halo 5 makes the Spartans actually feel like super humans not just bulky dudes in suits
Halo 5>Reach
Reach gave a particular feel to it, and before halo reach, people were still used to the "unsuccessful" halo wars and halo 3 ODST, so Reach have that open world feel to it with the valleys and the alien mountains with those breath taking graphics. And Halo 5 is a perfected halo 4 in such a way that if your good at playing in halo 4 then you probably didn't do too good in the beginning of halo 5, am I right? I know for a few days I was wondering if I'd ever be good at halo 5. Though the mechanics are different it's still innovative and makes the game a little more of a challenge for those gamers that breezed though halo 4 multiplayer. So which one is better? Well even though for a long while reach was my favorite, for now halo 5 tops the list for number 1.

BTW: recruiting for Grey Razor; message me if your interested in playing some halo 5 and joining the company.
Reach was garbaje
Reach...
Halo 5
I loved Reach. But H5 is just too good.
Dog shyt > reach. Again.
Personally, I liked reach.
Reach, firefight, armour abilities, I prefer their customization (earning points to buy armour and additional option like the armour effects), Osiris wasn't as interesting as Noble, forge world was pretty sweet, daily challenges were also agreat way for earning points, and although this isn't really fair to compare atm but reach has much more content then 5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 26
  4. 27
  5. 28
  6. 29
  7. ...
  8. 30