Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

[POLL]Halo: Reach or Halo 5, Which game is better?

OP CRUSADER ZORRO

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 30
Gevaun wrote:
How do people like reach multiplayer so much ? I hated it especially those campaign maps turned multiplayer
It was just plain fun. The reason why Reach was so much better multiplayer wise than a lot of other Halo games is simply because you could focus on just plain out having fun. No super try hard competitiveness. I like being competitive in my own right and believe me that is what is drawing me to Halo 5 but it was just more centered around having fun with the community.
Had a lot more fun in reach. If I remember right that's what these games are about not all this mlg pro crap.
This is a dumb poll. These are two very different games. You're comparing a brand new game with a fairly new developer that still has many things to come to a several year old game that was on a different (older) console. For the sake of the poll though, Halo 5 is the better overall game. I think Reach had the better storyline (my favorite storyline of the Halo franchise) but Halo 5 is superior just because it's newer and more advanced.
Halo 5 absolutely sucks. Will not buy any more games made by 343. They have proven that they don't understand halo games. Reach was a great game, until 343 started taking away part of the playlist and making some of the better multiplayer modes only available for a limited time.

Halo 5 multiplayer maps all look like -Yoink-. They're so boring and bland. Flat, untextured walls. 343 if i wanted to play a COD game i would go buy one. You have ruined a franchise. Grats.
halo 5 definitely reach was fun but the there is more customisation content for halo 5
Let me just justify why Halo 5 is better.

Reach had Revenent Snipes Exploit.
I say they're tied until Halo 5 adds Firefight.
Reach for multiplayer, community, and customization
Halo reach was terribly unbalanced, between armor lock and bloom I don't see how people saw anything but custom games fun.
Dumb poll tbh compare the two when H5 completes its life cycle otherwise the vast majority of people will obviously pick reach.
Actually, most people are more likely to pick Halo 5 since it's newer, currently being hyped, and in general a bigger game in terms of physical size (I'm talking about graphics, processing power, memory space, etc. not in terms of quality).
It's the bandwagon effect. It's what's being advertised. It's what everyone is talking about. So more people are going to think of Halo 5 as the Halo game right now.

I think Reach is better because of the design and art style.
Halo 5 is good, but Halo Reach was created by Bungie when 343i was still a part of Bungie, therefore more experienced people on all aspects meaning the game was just outright better. There are some debateable things though, such as Armor Abilities.

But I will say this. No matter which way you cut it, Reach delivered more on release, has a better (and much more replayable) story, and a much more in-depth customization feature.
Considering how Reach butchered the established lore of The fall of Reach, i'm going to say Halo 5.
Seriously? Halo 5!
This is a dumb poll. These are two very different games. You're comparing a brand new game with a fairly new developer that still has many things to come to a several year old game that was on a different (older) console. For the sake of the poll though, Halo 5 is the better overall game. I think Reach had the better storyline (my favorite storyline of the Halo franchise) but Halo 5 is superior just because it's newer and more advanced.
lol wut?
Do not post discriminatory comments.

Spoiler:
Show
like halo 5 more, waiting to see the forge and custom games
Reach was bad. Finally with Halo 5 I can see a bright future for Halo and 343.
Reach had way more content but terrible competitive multiplayer. Still a great value at launch for $60.

Halo 5 has hardly any content, great competitive multiplayer, and is currently probably worth more like $40.

I'd give the edge to reach, but things could change in the future.
steele330 wrote:
I love how people act like reach was a good game yet when that "game" came out the community hated it more than cancer.

Let me just list the main sins of reach. ( not including campaign)

Slower movement speed. Armour abilities. Armour Lock. Haemorrhage Spam. Forge maps all look the same. Armour Locke. Hemmorage Spam. Sword base lift room. Elite slayer.

Halo 5 main sin is really just the lack of stuff. When the gametypes and playlists release it will be amazing.
I forgot about the sword base lift room! Made for some hilarious fail videos though.

I think you are spot on about community reactions to games as well. When Halo 7 is out everyone is going to pan it ands talk about how awesome Halo 5 was.

I liked Reach, but I think 5 is better just by potential since the game is only 2 weeks old.
My vote will be with Reach until I see new gametypes develop in Halo 5. Halo 5 is geared toward competitive playing, and Reach was more dedicated to social and custom games. Once 343i gives us more, then my opinion may change.
danmac wrote:
halo 5 definitely reach was fun but the there is more customisation content for halo 5
Let me clarify your statement. Halo 5 has more customization options.
Halo Reach had a more in-depth customization feature.
Look at it this way...
Halo 5 allows you to customize Helmet, Armor, Visor, Colors, Gender, Emblem, Emblem Color, Weapon Skins, Assassination, and Stance.
Halo Reach Allows you to customize Helmet, Helmet Variant, Chest, Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder, Wrist, Utility, Knees, Visor Color, Armor Effect, Firefight Voice, Colors, Gender, Option to be Elite, Elite Armor sets, and Nameplate via Bungie's website.
That's Halo 5's 10 vs Reach's 16.
10 vs 16
I think Reach wins, even if there are less options in each category, there were more categories to customize, meaning more individualization
Bad John wrote:
I say they're tied until Halo 5 adds Firefight.
I don't think Halo 5 will ever have Firefight unfortunately.
Let me just justify why Halo 5 is better.

Reach had Revenent Snipes Exploit.
That ain't enough to justify one game over another.
gsc159753 wrote:
Halo reach was terribly unbalanced, between armor lock and bloom I don't see how people saw anything but custom games fun.
Armor Lock was a double-edged sword. It protected you, until you came out, then you had a disadvantage against anyone prepared for you to come out. As for Bloom, everyone had to deal with it, so that doesn't make it unbalanced. And Custom Games was a helluva lot of fun, but the story was highly replayable too, probably due to it using your customized spartan as the protagonist.

Yeesh, if your gonna throw criticism around, know what you're saying, and elaborate. You can't just say "Well it was unbalanced." or "The graphics are better now."
You need to explain why it's unbalanced, and it can't be because of a single thing. If you all knew what went into the creation and design of a video game, your minds would explode. I'm talking about potentially hundreds of pages of single-spaced documentation just to explain the DMR of Halo Reach, explaining fire-rate, damage output, accuracy, aim-assist code, visual design, ammo capacity, zoom, reload speed, recoil, and how all of that is supposed to work together without making too powerful or not powerful enough for both multiplayer and campaign under four different difficulties. And that would be compiled into a GDD (Game Design Document), which, for the most part, is only handled by the designers. Then the artists need to create an art bible, using knowledge of the human's behavior of processing visual information and making the most appealing game they can, worrying about color tones, sharpness in textures, optimizing things to look as good as they can without crush framerate, polycounts. Practically every pixel you see in your game had to be taken into account for every art asset.
And out of all of that, The entire game company needs to work with each other just so the game, loaded with all the results and information, fits together like a 50 million piece puzzle. One misshaped piece and you got a virtual paper-weight.

TL;DR version; If you're gonna same something, make sure you know what you're saying, and whether or not it's factual, or opinions.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 30