Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Potential timeline for the new Halo: ODST game

OP TanEugene94

If there is going to be a Halo video game where ODST Troopers are the main characters again, where do you want to see the game set in the Halo Universe especially when it comes to the timeline?
Honestly my choice isn't on the list, I'd want it to be current with what's going on at the time, so I guess during or after Infinite.
Before New Blood....
If there is going to be a Halo video game where ODST Troopers are the main characters again, where do you want to see the game set in the Halo Universe especially when it comes to the timeline?
I think before Halo Reach, or during it would be cool. That option is a little weird since Halo Wars is 2531 or so if I remember right and Halo Reach is 2552, just before Halo 1. I think that somewhere between Halo Wars and Halo Reach would be cool!
Xennode wrote:
Before New Blood....
I second this.

There are a lot of good options on here though. I'd be fine with almost any of these. Getting to drop onto Installation 04 would be pretty cool. Then again the gap between Halo 3 and Halo 4 could use a nice bridge story-wise. Seems like the only big things that take place are in comics/books. And then again Halo Wars 2 had a LOT of good opportunities for an ODST perspective. A level inside the Spirit of Fire would be dope.
unsure, I need more info in the question, or more dialog in the comments to make a good decision. let me do some research and get back to you.
The first iteration of ODST would be sick. Be apart of the first team to fight along side a spartan
I will probably say I want to see a new Halo: ODST video game that is set before Halo Reach. There is definitely a lot of stories they can tell in that timeline.
I can imagine an ODST horror game, something like the Mona Lisa, but the ship crash lands on a planet, and you have to survive, complete objectives, round up surviving humans (and maybe through in some Sangheili) and get off the planet
to keep with the time line a halo 5 odst sounds relevent
I suppose if it was set immediately after or during the AI uprising at the end of Halo 5 then it could be interesting. I mean ODST's vs a bunch of rouge AI, as well as seeing how that has effected Earth sounds like a very cool concept in my opinion.
There's about 20 years between Halo Wars and Reach. This is a huge window that 343 can use to build upon not only the story of ODST infantrymen, but also to display how intriguing the covenant was at that time.
Delta9CD wrote:
There's about 20 years between Halo Wars and Reach. This is a huge window that 343 can use to build upon not only the story of ODST infantrymen, but also to display how intriguing the covenant was at that time.
Agreed. There is a lot of stories they can tell in that timeline. Not only that, this can also show how the ODST Troopers encounter the Covenant for the very first time.
Before Infinite would be cool
I want to see the new ODST game focus on newly recruited Alpha 9 battle against created on Buck's homeworld Draco III, months before infinite's events
I would really like it to come in the beginning of the Human-Covenant War, just to show the brutally and hopelessness that humanity faced in the beginning. Reach showed that too, but you knew the Covenant would lose and you were successful in your mission to deliver Cortana. But I would LOVE a heart-wrenching game where you fail in everything. Even your last mission, the most important one. You fail in that too. It'd be a depressing game, but that's honestly what I would enjoy playing.

Ngl though, to have a game set in between 3 and 4 would be cool because then 343 could really flesh out the conflicts between the new Spartan 4s and the ODSTs. The Spartan Handbook hinted that some ODSTs think that new Spartan IV's have "switched sides" and now dislike them. That'd be really interesting to see play out in a game, or a book even.
I would really like it to come in the beginning of the Human-Covenant War, just to show the brutally and hopelessness that humanity faced in the beginning. Reach showed that too, but you knew the Covenant would lose and you were successful in your mission to deliver Cortana. But I would LOVE a heart-wrenching game where you fail in everything. Even your last mission, the most important one. You fail in that too. It'd be a depressing game, but that's honestly what I would enjoy playing.

Ngl though, to have a game set in between 3 and 4 would be cool because then 343 could really flesh out the conflicts between the new Spartan 4s and the ODSTs. The Spartan Handbook hinted that some ODSTs think that new Spartan IV's have "switched sides" and now dislike them. That'd be really interesting to see play out in a game, or a book even.
Could you imagine seeing the emotion on the faces of your mates in game? Imagine how well 343 could depict these emotions to really drive that game home... Seeing a dinossaur with four jaws for the first time would even scare an ODST! To get a taste of these possible animations, watch the beginning of H4 when Dr. Halsey is talking about her spartain program and the chaos of humanity.
I choose before Halo Wars 1 and Halo Reach, because I really liked the design of the Halo Reach ODST's, also because I would like to fight next to a Spartan III.
This was really hard but I would go for after halo 3 too show us how the covenant fall even more and turn into raiders or something but I picked before halo infinite because I want to fight the banished and see them win and watch them grow into having the ring to me that sounds pretty cool for me but wouldn’t be kinda cool to play as like a four runner and see the flood take the entire galaxy would change of just keep playing as human and with the graphics in the video game industry and if the flood can make some big floods maybe as big of a aircraft carrier somthing like that I would buy but that’s just my opinion
Getting Alpha 9 back together in the book Halo Bad Blood which took place after the events of Halo 5 has me wanting another game with them around that time. They are now technically Spartans though so we might need a new ODST squad introduced to make the game feel like a true ODST game.