Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Quarantine Quizzes: Round 22

OP kiwininja332

Hi y'all, hope everyone is well. I'm starting to run out of ideas for these things so please inform me of any suggestions you have.

Answer from last post:
Spoiler:
Show
Ain't even gonna include the Punic-Class? smh.

lol kidding OP
I'm fairly certain (correct me if I'm wrong) that Infinity class ships are battlecruisers rather than carriers, no?
I'm fairly certain (correct me if I'm wrong) that Infinity class ships are battlecruisers rather than carriers, no?
Waypoint lists it as an Infinity-Class Starship. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/vehicles/infinity
znazanz777 wrote:
Waypoint lists it as an Infinity-Class Starship. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/vehicles/infinity
I think "starship" is the general for any ship that travels through slipspace. I mean, what would Waypoint know, right? ;)
Undoubtedly the Infinity-Class.
Infinity-class ships are considered supercarriers. Though it gets confusing somewhat because we are using ship classifications that were created back in the days of wooden ships and cast-iron cannons. Like calling a ship a "cruiser" (back in the 1800s or so) was a mission-specific designation that meant the ship literally cruised up and down the coast, or something like that. A frigate could technically be called a cruiser so long as it was doing a cruiser mission. I suppose the easy way to tell the difference between a cruiser and a carrier in current terminology would be to ask yourself: Does this ship carry smaller ships? If so, then it's a carrier. Like an aircraft carrier today carries fighter jets and whatnot. A cruiser today mostly takes on the role of big coastal patrol boat, to provide another example.
This one surely without a doubt is the Infinity-class Supercarrier.

But while I’m here, fun fact about the Infinity-class of ships, did you know there were 2? The other is called the Eternal, but never saw deployment (as far as we know) because after the Ambush at Oth Lodon, most of the Eternal’s parts were used to repair the Infinity.

That doesn’t however mean that the Eternal is out of the picture, it’s just gonna be a bit longer to have it out on the field if the UNSC thought it was still worth working on (but like I said we currently don’t know if that came to pass yet).

But while I’m here, fun fact about the Infinity-class of ships, did you know there were 2? The other is called the Eternal, but never saw deployment (as far as we know) because after the Ambush at Oth Lodon, most of the Eternal’s parts were used to repair the Infinity.

That doesn’t however mean that the Eternal is out of the picture, it’s just gonna be a bit longer to have it out on the field if the UNSC thought it was still worth working on (but like I said we currently don’t know if that came to pass yet).
I think it's the Eternity, not the Eternal. It fits better: Infinity and Eternity.

I think it's the Eternity, not the Eternal. It fits better: Infinity and Eternity.
Oh yeah, Eternity. My bad. But you know what I meant. I must've been getting the Eternal bit from the Warden lol