1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9

Which is better, Reach or 4?

Poll Ended

I understand that a lot of the community disliked halo reach and halo 4. But i want to know which one the community LIKED BETTER. Please chose one of the two option.

If this gets enough support I will take the winner and/or loser, and put it against another halo game!
Halo Reach is marginally better than Halo 4. The Custom Games and Forge is what kept it going as long as it did.

Halo 4 took everything bad from Reach and made it worse.
Halo Reach is marginally better than Halo 4. The Custom Games and Forge is what kept it going as long as it did.

Halo 4 took everything bad from Reach and made it worse.
Yes I know i enjoyed halo reach a lot more than 4
idk what this has to do with halo5...

Anyway Reach was 10000000x better than 4. Halo 4 shouldn't even count as a real game. Lets just pretend halo 4 never happen .
I can understand why most disliked H4 but I don't really understand where all this love for Reach is coming from.... perhaps some started with Reach and that is why they like it so much? I am one of the few that actually enjoyed H4 a bit more than reach.
I absolutely loved Halo 4. Great campaign, descent multiplayer, good forge, amazing customization, awesome customs, and outstanding art style.
LKG Gluby wrote:
idk what this has to do with halo5...

Anyway Reach was 10000000x better than 4. Halo 4 shouldn't even count as a real game. Lets just pretend halo 4 never happen .
Im going to pretend that I never saw this post...
LethalQ wrote:
I can understand why most disliked H4 but I don't really understand where all this love for Reach is coming from.... perhaps some stated with Reach and that is why they like it so much? I am one of the few that actually enjoyed H4 a bit more than reach.
Well at least I'm not alone.
Reach, though both were good games. Reach is my favorite Halo game, period, though.
For me there isn't a redeeming quality in H4
It's not that I liked reach all that much but it was at least more enjoyable than H4
I don't necessarily like Halo Reach, I just don't hate it as much as 4.
H4 had much better storytelling by a long shot. Add to the fact that Bungie used Reach as their destiny test bed, 4 was much better for me.
What do I pick if I used to like Halo 4 the most until Halo 5 came out and destroyed every single plot device that was set up in 4? *coughCortana'sdeathcough* *coughDidactcough* *coughJanusKeycough* *coughHalseywantingrevengeontheUNSCcough*
HALO 4.
i feel Halo 4 took what Reach had and made it better. I loved infinity slayer. I played it again today.

Also the customization was better, both in armor selection and bright visor colors as well as general armor pieces over sets.
It's an interesting question, but I'm not sure that it really belongs in the Halo 5 section of the message boards.
LethalQ wrote:
I can understand why most disliked H4 but I don't really understand where all this love for Reach is coming from.... perhaps some stated with Reach and that is why they like it so much? I am one of the few that actually enjoyed H4 a bit more than reach.
I started in 3 and played over 1k games in ranked with 2k socials and 2k-3k custom games played. So I played H3 for quite a bit.
I also played Halo Reach for quite some time too. I loved both games. People hated Halo reach since it wasn't the same formula as Halo3 but it didn't really changed much. Since they had the normal playlists with jetpacks sprint armor lock camo etc and classic like in H3 days. And ofc both were fun to play. In terms of Custom games and forge both were amazing and I had so much fun playing all the games people made and the games I made in both games.

H4 came.. A month later most of my friends quit Halo because of 4 and few only stayed. I hated multiplayer and BTB was esp ruined since everyone can just spawn with plasma pistols. I don't wanna be one of those guys but they did try to make it more of a "call of duty" type of game. Forge wasn't bad. Sure you had upgraded tools you can do with forge and make more cooler stuff but it was also limited due to the amount of "content" lost custom games used to offer. That new gamemode was called stronghold or w/e its called. I remember it being hyped up but it failed.. Personally to me I don't care about graphics or the campaign since for me the story ended with 3.

With that said I just wanted to say H4 made me quit xbox for some years until a friend of mine told me about Halo 5 and I took a risk of buying xbox one and h5 and I love H5.
Syntherios wrote:
What do I pick if I used to like Halo 4 the most until Halo 5 came out and destroyed every single plot device that was set up in 4? *coughCortana'sdeathcough* *coughDidactcough* *coughJanusKeycough* *coughHalseywantingrevengeontheUNSCcough*
I'd still call Reach an overall better experience, but its sad that h5 tore down pretty much the only good thing in h4.
LKG Gluby wrote:
People hated Halo reach since it wasn't the same formula as Halo3 but it didn't really changed much.
You made some very good points, but I definitely disagree with this one. Halo Reach featured Armor Lock, Jet Pack, and precision rifle Reticle Bloom. When you combined all of those together, the multiplayer game play could become exceedingly frustrating.

That being said, I have still enjoyed all of the Halo games... but out of the entire series, I like Halo Reach the least.
I had so much fun moments on reach and its my favorite halo :)
LethalQ wrote:
Why people disliked 4 (short)

Loadouts in multiplayer.
Ordinance.
Cortana "died".
Infinate sprint. (Shields recharged)
Bad weapon sounds.
Certain armor abilities / equipment.
Halo reach?
Accept for complaints of the time.
People didn't know how good they had it in reach.

Forge,
Full armor customisation,
All modes theater,
File share,
Custom games,
Large mode selection....

The only dislikes that kept coming up...

Armor lock.
Dmr bloom.
Few original maps / too many community maps.
Reach has more memorable moments than 4
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9