Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

[Locked] Remove/change daily limit for forum posts

OP Crane Style

Should 343 Change/remove daily forum limit

Poll Ended

I disagree with the forum limit for recruits, 5 posts is not enough to get asking daily. What's your opinion?
Maybe increase the limit at recruit onyx (which requires 50 posts) so it would allow posting on topics from the fresh memory after what is closer to a week rather than month, if the forum limit is hit every day that is.

Though there could be something different for ODST rank given after marine rank the post limit isn't really an issue & there aren't other notable changes, really.
Just thought about it given it's the only rank up with emblem change that doesn't have any notable change.

Though in any case, after hitting the Marine rank the rank ups aren't as notable anymore. For me at least, doubt many people will hit that 200 post limit in a day & other things are just for show.

Currently the Recruit rank seems to be just sort of trial period before becoming a full-member of the forums.
There's a very important reason for the limit for recruit ranks. It prevents trolls and bots from spamming the threads with useless or empty topics. So if some recruit decides to try to boost their rank the easy way, they can be caught and stopped long before they do significant damage. Otherwise, someone with enough motivation could create 100 pointless threads that disrupt the site before they were stopped.
There's a very important reason for the limit for recruit ranks. It prevents trolls and bots from spamming the threads with useless or empty topics. So if some recruit decides to try to boost their rank the easy way, they can be caught and stopped long before they do significant damage. Otherwise, someone with enough motivation could create 100 pointless threads that disrupt the site before they were stopped.
That is a fair point, but people like moderators can probably discern the difference between bots and people. As for spamming, that's why there's the time delay between pays, right? Maybe if there was some sort of check for bots in a way like reCaptcha does then at least some off the spam is resolved. There are probably many obvious ways to tell it's a bot. Mostly product advertising. So there can be a new tab for product advertising just to attract ad bots.
Honestly I don’t see the need to increase the limit. In most cases a constructive post and a few replies are all it takes to get ones point across. Worst case scenario is you just have to reply to someone the next day. If your moderately active in the forums your rank and post limit will increase before you know it
I completely agree. The limit is unnecessary. Halowaypoint is the forum that I visit the least, just because of that stupid limit.
At recruit-gold (which takes literally 5 days of posting 5 times a day) you can post 10 times. Once you get to a marine rank you can post 200 times a day so really it’s not a big deal
once you reach marine it becomes a 200 limit, so there isn't really any need. It prevents spamming too, I think it should be kept.
I enjoy that it prevents spamming and I don't really see a reason to increase the limit once you get to the 200 limit.
At recruit-gold (which takes literally 5 days of posting 5 times a day) you can post 10 times. Once you get to a marine rank you can post 200 times a day so really it’s not a big deal
Please don't revive old topics thanks