Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Scarabs In Halo Infinite?

OP Celeste117

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Should scarabs be back in Halo Infinite?

Poll Ends

Make Your Selection:

Should we bring back Scarabs in Halo Infinite? We've only had so much time to fight them in previous games, so why not bring them back? I personally think that they should make a comeback in the new game, because they were always fun and challenging to fight :D Let me know what you think!
I agree, the first scarab fight was a memory to never be forgotten. I'd gladly fight some more for the sake of fireworks.
I definitely agree, so long as it's the H3 Scarab fights. The H2 one was more of just a moving arena, and once you cleared out all the enemies, it was done. Having to disable the Scarab and then board it to kill it was fun and challenging (plus it makes more sense to have to blow it up since an entire Lekgolo colony is operating it).

I also wouldn't mind a massive open area where you command a Mammoth and have to take out a couple Scarabs. The Mammoth in H4 was a cool idea, but it was too on rails for it to feel like a vehicle in its own right. It felt more like a moving base stuck on a track than a behemoth of a vehicle that can go just about anywhere.
I definitely agree, so long as it's the H3 Scarab fights. The H2 one was more of just a moving arena, and once you cleared out all the enemies, it was done. Having to disable the Scarab and then board it to kill it was fun and challenging (plus it makes more sense to have to blow it up since an entire Lekgolo colony is operating it).

I also wouldn't mind a massive open area where you command a Mammoth and have to take out a couple Scarabs. The Mammoth in H4 was a cool idea, but it was too on rails for it to feel like a vehicle in its own right. It felt more like a moving base stuck on a track than a behemoth of a vehicle that can go just about anywhere.
I would rather have the Vulture instead of the Mammoth (heck I would take an Elephant over a mammoth). As for the Vulture it should have a very similar mechanic to the Scarab. Instead of legs it has a hover engines that if damaged will force it to an emergency landing in which you can board and take out the core, or there is a dorsal vent that you can shoot off from a vehicle (easier in the air or at elevation after downing the vulture) and blow the core that way.
Yes they're so fun to fight. Blowing off their leg plates, watching them drop, and then finally destroying their core and jumping out to watch that beautiful blue explosion that lights up the whole screen... so satisfying.
Yes, and let us drive one this time.
I don't see why not. I mean they are almost in every single Halo game one way or another. Why stop the tradition. That would be awesome if they'd use them in Red vs Blue somehow.
Now that would be very cool

Yes they're so fun to fight. Blowing off their leg plates, watching them drop, and then finally destroying their core and jumping out to watch that beautiful blue explosion that lights up the whole screen... so satisfying.
Who needs to blow the leg plates off, just blast away at the rear shielding

I would rather have the Vulture instead of the Mammoth (heck I would take an Elephant over a mammoth). As for the Vulture it should have a very similar mechanic to the Scarab. Instead of legs it has a hover engines that if damaged will force it to an emergency landing in which you can board and take out the core, or there is a dorsal vent that you can shoot off from a vehicle (easier in the air or at elevation after downing the vulture) and blow the core that way.
That would be very cool and if a mode like invasion came back could be a particularly cool dynamic.

Hey, that's actually a pretty cool idea :) I agree, it would definitely be fun to operate a Mammoth and fight rounds of Scarabs in an open field.
I've been waiting for something like that to happen for sooo long....
I agree, the first scarab fight was a memory to never be forgotten. I'd gladly fight some more for the sake of fireworks.
Definitely. I always make sure to run as far back as I can to enjoy the show once I shoot the core ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The scarabs are awesome, I do hope and wish to see them return.
Scarabs are nice i would like to fith with them again and drive one against a covenant horde
Yes, Halo 3 style as level boss's or short boss encounters. Each scarab fight in Halo 3 was interesting as they gave us different weapons to fight them (missile pods and geese, tanks and then hornets / hornet dropped onto said scarabs [still impressed by how well the AI is for that, they pick you up from the scarab as it dies and take you to the next one]). Same thing could be done in Infinite or other games.
Yes, Halo 3 style as level boss's or short boss encounters. Each scarab fight in Halo 3 was interesting as they gave us different weapons to fight them (missile pods and geese, tanks and then hornets / hornet dropped onto said scarabs [still impressed by how well the AI is for that, they pick you up from the scarab as it dies and take you to the next one]). Same thing could be done in Infinite or other games.
Scarabs were a lot of fun to take down, but I think a lot of it came down to this. The fact that each time you met one (or two!!) of them you had a different scenario and different ways to take it down was what made me love them so much. I hope this comes back in some way!
NAG4SE wrote:
Scarabs were a lot of fun to take down, but I think a lot of it came down to this. The fact that each time you met one (or two!!) of them you had a different scenario and different ways to take it down was what made me love them so much. I hope this comes back in some way!
This. All of this. I have missed scarab fights. The one in Halo 5 (It wasn't a scarab, but I'm blanking on the name) was kinda meh imo, but the Halo 3 fights were intense! even the Halo 2 fights were good, just a bit more challenging for me. I would love to see new variations of the scarabs, different weapons, movement patterns, all the things!!!
Yes. The Kraken was cool but bringing the Scarab back would be a nice return to form.
Scarabs?! Oh yes, please.
Well, we definitely need more miniboss material in Halo in a form of great vehicles or even gigantic flood forms, so definitely yes.
Hell yeah!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2