Skip to main content

Should the shotgun receive a range buff?

Poll Ended

I'm sure 343 has reasoning for why the shotgun has the range that it does but i feel like it needs just a little extra. Sometimes it feels like the effective range has been halved.
If anything the shotgun range is too much
Are you kidding me? If you're not close enough to shove the shotgun in the other guy's mouth it pretty much does nothing.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Are you kidding me? If you're not close enough to shove the shotgun in the other guy's mouth it pretty much does nothing.
Then I wonder how I can one-shot people at mid range in arena and warzone.... It has less ammo but it seems a lot more powerful to me.
Rhydon65 wrote:
If you are referring to Halo 3 then I agree with you. It had very short range. The halo 5 shotgun can kill someone at a much farther distance than most shotguns in the halo series
Rhydon65 wrote:
If you are referring to Halo 3 then I agree with you. It had very short range. The halo 5 shotgun can kill someone at a much farther distance than most shotguns in the halo series
Then I guess the shotgun just hates me then.
It's upgraded versions are ridiculous...
Its fine how it is currently
Its fine rn its a close range gun
It's range is fine as it is.
Halo 4's shotgun range was huge, and the Halo 5 iteration feels more or less the same. I think it is fine the way it is.
I already get killed with shotgun enough, leave it the same. Next you'll be asking for rocket launchers have a larger damage radius.
I would in fact subscribe for this
I agree.
Rhydon65 wrote:
Shotguns are supposed to be short range weapons for a reason adding range to them we might as well make them mid-range weapons.
I think my biggest issue is that it's most effective with smart-link and I just don't use smart-link with guns that hip-fire.
what is this "shotgun buff" you speak of