Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Should Halo 5 be added to the MCC?

OP MinusSquire2145

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
With Halo Infinite to be released Holiday 2020 would it make sense to add Halo 5 to the MCC and port it to PC to have one coherent story available for all players, or should we just leave things as they are? Why / Why not?
Porting to pc separately would make more sense just for how massive the download size is for halo 5 so I dont even think console would be able to handle everything
No, definitely not. It should stay the way it is.
Would be cool but if i see how long it takes to implement Reach Halo5 will take years
Would be cool but if i see how long it takes to implement Reach Halo5 will take years
That's a good point. Considering Halo 5 is not as demanded as Reach, maybe it's not really worth it. However, once the MCC is complete, Halo 5 will be the only game missing on PC. PC gamers will have the full collection, the full story, except for that major gap. And despite the negativity around Halo 5, it's still a very fun game. I play solely on Xbox, but I can see PC gamers having a lot of fun switching between every Halo title including Halo 5 depending on what experience they feel like in the moment. I also like the idea of Halo titles aging a lot slower, which I think is more likely on PC.

Volize wrote:
No, definitely not. It should stay the way it is.
How come? What would be so terrible about having Halo 5 on PC? I'm not saying whether I agree or disagree. I'm just wondering as to what your justification is for keeping Halo 5 permanently exclusive to the Xbox One.

Porting to pc separately would make more sense just for how massive the download size is for halo 5 so I dont even think console would be able to handle everything
Yeah. I wasn't really considering adding Halo 5 on Xbox MCC, but that's a good point about how long Reach has taken.
I think that on the PC port, Halo 5 should be in the MCC. It is part of his story, and this is the Master Chief collection. Maybe to speed things up, you can download each game within the MCC screen? Maybe you only want the anniversary versions of Halo: CE and Halo 2. Perhaps you don't wish to install Reach and Halo 3 ODST. It could help cut down on the download size if that were to happen. Then again, they could leave it out and maybe point to it if you buy the game separately anyway. Their Halo app does it pretty well on PC. They can use that as the MCC hub, for example. Every game is loaded seperatly, and you launch the one you want — just an idea.
Keep it in as is. I think porting Halo 5 to PC would be a waste of time and money. How many PC players actually want Halo 5? Not very many.
Keep it separate from the MCC. I don't want to need to dedicate an entire HDD to one collection of games
I'd say it depends on how much Infinite follows on from 5's storyline. If the two are closely related then it would be nice to bridge the gap between 4 and Infinite - having every game in a story except one doesn't make a lot of sense. That said, I've watched Halo 5's story and I can't say I'll be heartbroken if it doesn't make it to PC.
At a certain point wouldn't there just be too much data in one package for MCC to work properly? We already have about a dozen game engines in one package and adding Reach is turning out to be quite a difficult task.
put it in after all the other games are in the mcc and halo infinite is out.
fox3455 wrote:
Maybe you only want the anniversary versions of Halo: CE and Halo 2.
HERESY!
fox3455 wrote:
Maybe you only want the anniversary versions of Halo: CE and Halo 2.
HERESY!
This is only a hypothetical! I will gladly accept the title of Arbiter to regain my honour... It will serve as the monument to all my sins.... (Auto correct wanted that to say sons real bad 😂)
Yes it needs to be. It is a part of the master chiefs story and needs to be included. I dont understand why people wouldnt want another game added to the pc. the point for the mcc on pc thing is to have all of halo on pc, so excluding one title is dumb and those who want to ignore its existence are being dramatic.
Keep it in as is. I think porting Halo 5 to PC would be a waste of time and money. How many PC players actually want Halo 5? Not very many.
That is a terrible argument and also based on nothing. Just because you dont want it on pc, does not mean other wont.
No there are too many games crammed into the MCC as it is. It would be better to just bring Halo 5 to the pc as a standalone title.
Yes it needs to be. It is a part of the master chiefs story and needs to be included. I dont understand why people wouldnt want another game added to the pc. the point for the mcc on pc thing is to have all of halo on pc, so excluding one title is dumb and those who want to ignore its existence are being dramatic.
I hadn't really formed an opinion when I made this thread, but I definitely do see reason to port Halo 5 over to PC if that''s what people want.
Don't get me wrong, Halo 5 had major issues with its story and level design. It also deviated from Halo's identity (an obvious mistake) but the gameplay does provide for an incredibly fun experience. There's plenty good about Halo 5. You only have to play it to realise that.
It's part of the Master Chief's story. It's part of the Halo series as a whole. I think PC gamers deserve the whole package. Plus, I'd love to see what kind of mods people would create.
That is a terrible argument and also based on nothing. Just because you dont want it on pc, does not mean other wont.
Not to mention, custom games for Halo 5 and forget all already on the PC. It might be one of the easier games to port. The game wasn't that dreadful and it's multiplayer was pretty good.
That would be very cool. I think it'd be awesome if after every new Halo release they added the previous entry to MCC at a cheaper price. MCC would become more of a hub that you can buy the games you want for a cheaper price and access them all in one place.
Who said I didn't want it on PC? I sure didn't. Read more closely next time. I personally don't mind it coming to PC it doesn't affect me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2