Should Halo 5 be added to the MCC?

OP MinusSquire2145

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I don't know about you, but I don't want a 230+ GB game on my Xbox
Well, MCC (Master Chief collection) haha needs to have all the Master games, but will be kind of hard, but MCC already have ODST and reach soon. So everything cold be possible.
The game is not about the chief.
And unlock all of my REQs again? I think not
The game is not about the chief.
Nor is ODST and Halo Reach tbf.
oh god no. regular halo 5 is too big and has too many issues already, who knows how badly it'll function if it's added to mcc. porting it to pc separately isn't a bad idea though.
It will certainly without a doubt be apart of the MCC eventually. Every main series Halo game with be in the MCC current and future ones.
would be cool to see, but i dont think this will happen.
People have already stated the size issue, the other issue is that both the MCC and 5 are Xbone titles and adding Halo 5 to the MCC will basically make buying Halo 5 present day worthless. It however is not a matter of Halo 5's age, as currently 5 is older than 4 was when 4 was added to the MCC.
Imo halo 5 should be ported seperately to pc due to how much they need to change it to get it in mcc which will take tons of time.
Although Halo 5 isn’t viewed as the best Halo out there, it’s in fact viewed as one of the worst, but besides that, it’s still important to the plot of the universe and Master Chief’s story. I think PC players should have the option to play Halo 5, or at least the story to experience if they are new to the franchise. But that’s just my two cents. I understand it can take a lot of work and that it may not happen until after Infinite which is a bit of a shame as if I were new to the franchise on PC, I’d want to experience the games in canonical order
Jebsquared wrote:
Keep it separate from the MCC. I don't want to need to dedicate an entire HDD to one collection of games
I don't know about you, but I don't want a 230+ GB game on my Xbox
oh god no. regular halo 5 is too big and has too many issues already, who knows how badly it'll function if it's added to mcc. porting it to pc separately isn't a bad idea though.
Well, the MCC always had CE, 2, 3, 4 in it—which I believe is the reason why you can undownload certain aspects in the menu of the game, only after downloading the full 95 GB. However, since ODST and Reach were added after the release of the main MCC game, they're treated as add-ons that you're not forced to download; so presumably, 5 would be an add-on just like them and you wouldn't have to install it if you didn't want to. But if you did you could access it from the MCC's main menu.

But I understand trepidation that we'd have to download MCC to play Halo 5 multiplayer though. Since technically it'd mean all the H5 multiplayer would probably shift to MCC and then if you wanted to play, you'd have to download both that add-on and the core MCC game. I guess we can just hope the Xbox-X will have more than 1TB of HD. As for PC though, since they're adding the MCC games 1-by-1 to PC, I assume that they're going to give players the option to download them all separately [which they should've done for the console MCC as well... hindsight 20/20?]
Sure, I think we need to wait until after Infinite though, just so we don't choke out it's player base on the original game.
Yes. They already have a fraction of it working basically with halo 5 forge on PC. They would just need to fix the kbm controls and a few other things and it could get added in quick.
I'd love to see it. It's part of the story/collection. Maybe later on though for nostalgia. The multiplayer is insanely fun and challenging unlike most games these days. I loved it.
I dont think so, Halo 5 is still very active.
If you added Halo 5 to the MCC you would be dividing the playerbase. This was not the case for the 6 games released for MCC, they were old-gen games with dwindling player-counts, MCC was the cure for dying(yet awesome)games like the original trilogy and Reach.

This just isnt the case for Halo 5 and thus would most likely cause more problems than solve them.

Side note: Halo 5 is a large game, data-wise. MCC is also large. Merging the two would result in a 100+ GB install, something most people cant afford in an age where every game is one tenth of their hard-drive.

Just my two cents..
Fight on Spartans!
-xxRebirth9xx
If people really wanted it added then yes it should be. But due to how large H5 and the MCC are it would take up a lot of space. On the Xbox they’re both at least 90-100 gigs I think.
Why not? Eventually it will be like Halo 4 and not played as much when infinite launches. MCC the hub to all pre Halo infinite is a great idea.
Tetrafy wrote:
Why not? Eventually it will be like Halo 4 and not played as much when infinite launches. MCC the hub to all pre Halo infinite is a great idea.
You can see it as the hub for all the numerical named games, plus the two spin-offs before Infinite. It brings it under 343’s new naming format, taking names instead of numbers.
Tetrafy wrote:
You can see it as the hub for all the numerical named games, plus the two spin-offs before Infinite. It brings it under 343’s new naming format, taking names instead of numbers.
Exactly. With the inclusion of the Reach ranking system really cant expect 360 servers to be around forever do people?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3