1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16

Should halo 6 have a dark atmosphere?

Make Your Selection:

I think halo should go for a darker feel. We should see more graphic, intense violence. I'm not suggesting doom levels of gore, but halo 5 feels a bit diluted in terms of violence. Like, theres no blood for one, most of the enemies we fight are robots that just kind of pop when killed, the guns don't loook very militaristic, especially when we see some of the REQs. Even when we fight covenant, they just kind of flop when killed, like they got knocked out. In halo CE and 2 we've got grunts flipping around, elites and jackals scrambling for cover. In halo 5 they just kind of take it, then flop over like lego men. I also think we should see more civilian casualties, like as seen in reach, maybe more. How about an open world battle in a huge, breaking city, like in the introduction to halo 4. I get that this isn't likely because of storage and graphics and stuff, but hey, it's worth a shot amirite? I just feel like we need to capture that war-ish feel. Maybe a spinoff game where you were an ODST fighting insurrectionists before halo CE. I don't know, Im just thinking. Also some profanity wouldn't hurt. I'm not saying a game needs cursive language in order to be good, but I think the worst word they used in halo 5 was "hell" so Im just thinking that if they're adults, fighting, chasing enemies around, a "damnit" or a "sh-" would be realistic. What do you think? Should halo get more blood, violence and casualties? I do.
I said yes, but since Microsoft want to market the game to a new teenage audience instead of the mature fans it's had throughout it's entire lifespan along with the squeakers it already had, (seriously Microsoft, did NO ONE at your PR department look at Halo videos on Youtube?), a "dark" game to them probably means edge-fest that would make Shadow the Hedgehog look like Hamlet.
Yes, but for the love of all goodness please add humor. I was so happy when they added humor in halo 5, halo has always had its fair share of that in its story.

Not to much though, it's an epic space opra, not a comedy.
I said yes but not like dark and ominous. More like Halo 4. I thought it was the darkest of all iterations. I don't need blood or graphic cut-scenes necessarily. Just a deeper darker story I think. It makes sense to me.
Halo 5 was said to be the darkest halo yet pre-release.
It needs to be darker i've been doing campaign on MCC and playing reach campaign lately and its one of the few things i notice missing from h5 that and the flimsy vehicles physics of h5.
Imagine what the Flood could do in this current generation.
I think it should, but it shouldn't get too dark. Halo has never been a terribly dark franchise, at least, not in the games. It's generally a combination of odd light-hearted humor and a more "war is hell" type of theme.
I think halo should go for a darker feel. We should see more graphic, intense violence. I'm not suggesting doom levels of gore, but halo 5 feels a bit diluted in terms of violence. Like, theres no blood for one, most of the enemies we fight are robots that just kind of pop when killed, the guns don't loook very militaristic, especially when we see some of the REQs. Even when we fight covenant, they just kind of flop when killed, like they got knocked out. In halo CE and 2 we've got grunts flipping around, elites and jackals scrambling for cover. In halo 5 they just kind of take it, then flop over like lego men. I also think we should see more civilian casualties, like as seen in reach, maybe more. How about an open world battle in a huge, breaking city, like in the introduction to halo 4. I get that this isn't likely because of storage and graphics and stuff, but hey, it's worth a shot amirite? I just feel like we need to capture that war-ish feel. Maybe a spinoff game where you were an ODST fighting insurrectionists before halo CE. I don't know, Im just thinking. Also some profanity wouldn't hurt. I'm not saying a game needs cursive language in order to be good, but I think the worst word they used in halo 5 was "hell" so Im just thinking that if they're adults, fighting, chasing enemies around, a "damnit" or a "sh-" would be realistic. What do you think? Should halo get more blood, violence and casualties? I do.
Blood and graphic blood do not define darkness. Swearing does not define darkness. Darkness is defined by the story itself. A dark story can exist without a single clash of a sword, a single weapons discharge, a single arrow fired. It doesn't require blood, or death, or swearing. If you can't imagine a dark story without blood and swearing, then perhaps you should consider your definition of dark.
I'd love a darker Halo. As long as the Chief lives on, im happy. Man im getting chills just thinking about Halo 6 being all dark and deadly
Bungie dark yes. 343 dark no
I like the kind of dark where you're actually fighting aliens and think it's a cool scifi shooter then next thing you know you find out you're actually standing on a loaded gun with enough ammo to kill everyone in the galaxy. I want to see that dark "wow" moment again so badly but I doubt it will.
The guns don't look militaristic. What do you mean by that? I have a feeling what you mean but your usage is weird.
The guns don't look militaristic. What do you mean by that?
I didn't quite get that either, i think they look fine as they are
I say yes, but with a Halo 3 like style for humor, and Halo 5 like combat movement(this is my opinion respectively)
Not dark but definitely feel more militaristic and gritty then Halo 5. Examples of this are :
  • Marines look like they're made of plastic
  • People don't salute and take orders which doesn't make the game feel militaristic at all
  • People don't show respect for Spartans instead they say : "Spartans? What the hell are Spartans doing here" but they say it as if they were talking to the average marine
  • Little/no blood and the blood that is in the game looks -Yoink- and unrealistic and enemies don't spill out blood when you shoot them (both Campaign and MP)
It should be. I miss hitting the back button and having the flashlight turn on.
#FlashlightInHalo6
sniper945 wrote:
Yes, but for the love of all goodness please add humor. I was so happy when they added humor in halo 5, halo has always had its fair share of that in its story.

Not to much though, it's an epic space opra, not a comedy.
I was going to say this exact same thing, but you beat me to it. A dark atmosphere is fine, or not, but don't take away the funny grunts!
It should go down the route that ODST did:

It could be that Chief has been teleported somewhere by Cortana, and he needs to find a Forerunner portal to get back, you could play as Osiris and Blue Team looking for Chief, and finding places and areas that he has been in battle. Then, when you find something, you can play the part of the story that links with what you found - just like ODST.

Blue Team and Osiris can still have separate missions, as Blue Team are going to find chief and Osiris are battling the Prometheans and Cortana.

Who would replace Chief in Blue Team whilst they look for him? The Arbiter - he wants to help get chief home to finish the fight. You play as Arbiter in Blue Team missions.
YES, YES AND YES. We need to bring back that Reach feel. Remember the first mission? THAT is what is missing right now. Bring back that gritty metal look, none of that plastic gymnastic bs, besides, I haven't seen a single spartan wear any of those extremely exotic ( you know the ones I'm talking about, example: Pioneer ) armor pieces in the campaign.

Bring back that dark atmosphere that makes it feel like that hope is a dream. Cortana has the wheel now and she knows every weakness humanity has, this needs to be expected.

Bring back the flood, at least those guys are actually somewhat terryfying, these prometheans best nickname is bullet sponge. I'm not saying they are bad, I just wish we had something else in the picture, something familiar that we have fought before, like Brutes even.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16