6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 16
Absolutely!
yes because that way we can finaly have a good story with darker subject
#-Yoinked!--upmind :3
CHACHIXBOX wrote:
No more of this teen rated crap. There needs to be more gore and some more graphical violence like a true shooter should be. Halo was never meant for kids, I know Microsoft is trying to appeal to younger audiences, but please stop, this isn't like Halo should be.
For real like really no blood or curse words and other stuff it bs I mean how is blood in a video game gonna offend any1
I think halo should go for a darker feel. We should see more graphic, intense violence. I'm not suggesting doom levels of gore, but halo 5 feels a bit diluted in terms of violence. Like, theres no blood for one, most of the enemies we fight are robots that just kind of pop when killed, the guns don't loook very militaristic, especially when we see some of the REQs. Even when we fight covenant, they just kind of flop when killed, like they got knocked out. In halo CE and 2 we've got grunts flipping around, elites and jackals scrambling for cover. In halo 5 they just kind of take it, then flop over like lego men. I also think we should see more civilian casualties, like as seen in reach, maybe more. How about an open world battle in a huge, breaking city, like in the introduction to halo 4. I get that this isn't likely because of storage and graphics and stuff, but hey, it's worth a shot amirite? I just feel like we need to capture that war-ish feel. Maybe a spinoff game where you were an ODST fighting insurrectionists before halo CE. I don't know, Im just thinking. Also some profanity wouldn't hurt. I'm not saying a game needs cursive language in order to be good, but I think the worst word they used in halo 5 was "hell" so Im just thinking that if they're adults, fighting, chasing enemies around, a "damnit" or a "sh-" would be realistic. What do you think? Should halo get more blood, violence and casualties? I do.
I think H6 could benefit from a darker tone, struggle and high drama and loss; hallmarks of war fiction. It has been said that ' there is no great victory without great sacrifice,' and I'm a firm believer.

As for blood and profanity, what makes sense is one thing (like having Sgt. Johnson around; "Am I right? Damn right I am!!"), just gratuitousness is another.

I don't miss all the Jell-O splashed around from the CE days. But if you've read the books, they're quite graphic (Nylund is more restrained), so the gore makes sense. It is WAR, after all, and in that respect, H5 does indeed feels sanitized.

So in short, H6 could definitely do with darker overtones and subtexts, but not just a gratuitous 'dirtying up' simply to return to an M-rating legacy.
itd be awesome if there were a strong mix of ethical and moral conflicts for the chief
Darker, and above all Mature again. Just recently went back and beat H5 and the tone felt so wrong. More like Disney bought Halo and nerfed it so parents would take their 10 year olds to see it :/
Im not sure what Halo games you played, but it is questionable why it was ever rated M to begin with....
This one. The -Yoink- have you been playing?
Besides that, and the flood being fairly graphic, there's all the books/comics/and specials that are all much more extreme than 5. I see no reason it shouldn't stay M at its core.
uh huh.... When its not in anniversary mode it looks really cheesy. To me, and to many others, Halo was never a true M game to begin with. It has very little blood past Halo CE (which again was really cheesy and neon), barely any swearing (there is 1 time in all of halo media the f-bomb is dropped, and that is in a story in halo evolutions), and hardly anything graphic besides flood (which are the least graphic zombies I've ever seen in a video game) and the flood didn't even appear in ODST, 4, or Reach. So being rated M for Halo means nothing. Nothing except the blood has changed, and that is miniscule cuz there was hardly any blood since Halo 2.
Lame by today's standards maybe. Doom and Wolfenstien could/should be T with that logic. Also disregarded the fact that the Halo EU is for the most part much more mature than the direction 5 is going. Watch Headhunters. This is the direction Halo should go.
Lol, by that logic Bungie was doing it wrong too... Halo EU has always been darker than the games. Always. Not a new thing. Also does that mean Star Wars should be rated R? It has some pretty intense EU moments too lol.
C75Z wrote:
Imagine what the Flood could do in this current generation.
Dude, I never stop. That is, unless I think about how even more hellish they would be on Scorpio!!! If we could get Ryse Son of Rome textures, Doom gore, and just a million flood forms with advanced ai at once...I'd be in video game Heaven
We could make a halo spin off game where you were fighting flood, and it was super scary and gory, and even open world. Like an open world survival game. You play as a marine in a platoon that got separated from the UNSC during a recon mission, and you're trying to escape this scary, infested city. With jump scares
I've gotten a really th
C75Z wrote:
Dude, I never stop. That is, unless I think about how even more hellish they would be on Scorpio!!! If we could get Ryse Son of Rome textures, Doom gore, and just a million flood forms with advanced ai at once...I'd be in video game Heaven
We could make a halo spin off game where you were fighting flood, and it was super scary and gory, and even open world. Like an open world survival game. You play as a marine in a platoon that got separated from the UNSC during a recon mission, and you're trying to escape this scary, infested city. With jump scares
For quite some time now I have been wanting to see an rpg side-game based on the Halo Evolutions short story, Mona Lisa. I would still want it FPS, but would want it seriously evident that you play a regular human fighting the flood. No motion Tracker, and no AUTO AIM, AT ALL. Make the game brutally difficult. Like old school pc games that hardly anyone ever beat...I picture it more as a "choose your own adventure" story than elder scrolls game. The story changes, but you, as the player character, never really see increases in skill or abilities, maybe with the exception of customized weapons.The only way to "win" is for the player character to survive to the ending cutscene. The story ends like Halo Reach- everyone dies except if the player character manages to make it through. But the game can end well before then if you do not select the right set of permutations. Any choice allows you a chance of "winning" the game, but it may be less and less plausible as some choices will lead to higher difficulties that are essentially impossible to overcome. So in a way it's not about winning, so much as it is how long can you survive. This would further instill lore regarding how brutal the flood epidemic is and how hopeless it is too win against them.The few players who actually get through to the end get a badass piece of armour for the main entry games, a badge that shows what they accomplished.The game is set on an ONI-commandeered prison transport ship, and throughout the game the players come across a complex set of terminals, clues, transcripts, riddles that shows the most disturbing side of ONI, and references/foreshadows future plans of the intelligence agency.
Sorry about the terrible formatting of my response. I accidentally confirmed my response before proofing it, and it had a huge section I pasted in from a previous thread. There is some issue I'm having with Waypoint and it won't let me edit and fix the problem.

What I wanted to say:

For quite some time now I have been wanting to see an rpg side-game based on the Halo Evolutions short story, Mona Lisa. I would still want it FPS, but would want it seriously evident that you play a regular human fighting the flood. No motion Tracker, and no AUTO AIM, AT ALL. Make the game brutally difficult. Like old school pc games that hardly anyone ever beat...

I picture it more as a "choose your own adventure" story than elder scrolls game. The story changes, but you, as the player character, never really see increases in skill or abilities, maybe with the exception of customized weapons.

The only way to "win" is for the player character to survive to the ending cutscene. The story ends like Halo Reach- everyone dies except if the player character manages to make it through. But the game can end well before then if you do not select the right set of permutations. Any choice allows you a chance of "winning" the game, but it may be less and less plausible as some choices will lead to higher difficulties that are essentially impossible to overcome. So in a way it's not about winning, so much as it is how long can you survive. This would further instill lore regarding how brutal the flood epidemic is and how hopeless it is too win against them.

The few players who actually get through to the end get a badass piece of armour for the main entry games, a badge that shows what they accomplished.

The game is set on an ONI-commandeered prison transport ship, and throughout the game the players come across a complex set of terminals, clues, transcripts, riddles that shows the most disturbing side of ONI, and references/foreshadows future plans of the intelligence agency.
Dark? Yeah but I'd go so far as to even say that I would like to see a horror-esque Halo game centering on the flood with like 4-6 new variations of them.
Sorry about the terrible formatting of my response. I accidentally confirmed my response before proofing it, and it had a huge section I pasted in from a previous thread. There is some issue I'm having with Waypoint and it won't let me edit and fix the problem.

What I wanted to say:

For quite some time now I have been wanting to see an rpg side-game based on the Halo Evolutions short story, Mona Lisa. I would still want it FPS, but would want it seriously evident that you play a regular human fighting the flood. No motion Tracker, and no AUTO AIM, AT ALL. Make the game brutally difficult. Like old school pc games that hardly anyone ever beat...

I picture it more as a "choose your own adventure" story than elder scrolls game. The story changes, but you, as the player character, never really see increases in skill or abilities, maybe with the exception of customized weapons.

The only way to "win" is for the player character to survive to the ending cutscene. The story ends like Halo Reach- everyone dies except if the player character manages to make it through. But the game can end well before then if you do not select the right set of permutations. Any choice allows you a chance of "winning" the game, but it may be less and less plausible as some choices will lead to higher difficulties that are essentially impossible to overcome. So in a way it's not about winning, so much as it is how long can you survive. This would further instill lore regarding how brutal the flood epidemic is and how hopeless it is too win against them.

The few players who actually get through to the end get a badass piece of armour for the main entry games, a badge that shows what they accomplished.

The game is set on an ONI-commandeered prison transport ship, and throughout the game the players come across a complex set of terminals, clues, transcripts, riddles that shows the most disturbing side of ONI, and references/foreshadows future plans of the intelligence agency.
That would put it on par with Dead Space, wouldn't it?
C75Z wrote:
I've been getting my fill of Flood from the Dead Space series. *Sigh* I hate not getting my fix from Halo.

All in all, Halo 6 can be the game that perfectly blends the gritty realism of war with the comedy of the grunts and the emotional desperation of Halo 4 (don't die on me Cortana!!).
I said yes but not like dark and ominous. More like Halo 4. I thought it was the darkest of all iterations. I don't need blood or graphic cut-scenes necessarily. Just a deeper darker story I think. It makes sense to me.
Its like you read my mind.
Yeah, something like Halo 4's tone is what I want. It was emotional and dark, just not bloody and super violent.
Remember that mission in Halo CE: 343 Guilty Spark? I remember playing that as a kid and it kinda scared me haha lol that type of atmosphere for Halo 6 would be perfect i think. Just my thoughts on a darker turn, i feel like the atmosphere of the game matters more than blood or gore.
I said yes but not like dark and ominous. More like Halo 4. I thought it was the darkest of all iterations. I don't need blood or graphic cut-scenes necessarily. Just a deeper darker story I think. It makes sense to me.
Reach was darker than 4 in my opinion.
CHACHIXBOX wrote:
No more of this teen rated crap. There needs to be more gore and some more graphical violence like a true shooter should be. Halo was never meant for kids, I know Microsoft is trying to appeal to younger audiences, but please stop, this isn't like Halo should be.
This.
Ravenpaw14 wrote:

What I wanted to say:

That would put it on par with Dead Space, wouldn't it?
I have no idea. Is Dead Space a videogame? Is it similar? If so, 1,000 Damns...
NEXUS NX wrote:
It should go down the route that ODST did:

It could be that Chief has been teleported somewhere by Cortana, and he needs to find a Forerunner portal to get back, you could play as Osiris and Blue Team looking for Chief, and finding places and areas that he has been in battle. Then, when you find something, you can play the part of the story that links with what you found - just like ODST.

Blue Team and Osiris can still have separate missions, as Blue Team are going to find chief and Osiris are battling the Prometheans and Cortana.

Who would replace Chief in Blue Team whilst they look for him? The Arbiter - he wants to help get chief home to finish the fight. You play as Arbiter in Blue Team missions.
Or if they go the ODST route like that, as a DLC of sorts. It'd be the player's multiplayer character much like The Rookie in ODST...trying to find the members of Blue Team, Osiris, and maybe also The Arbiter. Dare I also ask that instead of the random girl in New Mombasa, we can find terminals that are narrated by Red vs Blue characters? I also miss the RvB easter eggs from Spartan Ops.
I feel that it shouldn't be 'dark', and definitly without the dull lighting style of Halo 5. Make it mysterious like the original trilogy.
Yesyesyes. SuperMega reference.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 16