OP BondedAuthor

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. ...
  7. 16
Halo 5 was said to be the darkest halo yet pre-release.
It was, in a way.
How can it "in a way" be the darkest halo game to date? When we had a game where we fought a losing battle in which a planet was destroyed?
Because we're in the dark about what's really going on.
Zach4747 wrote:
Yes flood bring back the flood. They have this perfect opportunity imo with this Cortana logic plague theory. If you don't know what I'm talking about look it up. If 343 doesn't make the plot with Cortana having the logic plague and she releases the flood from her Halo ring then I've lost all hope.
they have a chance to make an incredible chapter in the story with Halo 6. For reasons you stated and much more.
SnipeDomes wrote:
We all want the flood back in the mix an the precursors it would be cool to see red team an jun return in halo 6 plus the infected Spartans an to watch a spartan turn flood would be sick and it would be neat to see a fire fight mode called hord where you battle the flood till you die wave after wave also would be nice to use h5 weapons against flood just saying if yWhat if the unsc ou want to save halo go all out on the game don't hold back 343 we want a great halo all around not just multiplayer and forge!!!
What if the unsc infinity became overran with flood parasite how sick would that be also what if cortana was the reason for the flood attacking the infinity think about it cortana an precursor tech on the same side as grave mind from h3 remember he did have cortana on high charity ties right there
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
Sorry about the terrible formatting of my response. I accidentally confirmed my response before proofing it, and it had a huge section I pasted in from a previous thread. There is some issue I'm having with Waypoint and it won't let me edit and fix the problem.

What I wanted to say:

For quite some time now I have been wanting to see an rpg side-game based on the Halo Evolutions short story, Mona Lisa. I would still want it FPS, but would want it seriously evident that you play a regular human fighting the flood. No motion Tracker, and no AUTO AIM, AT ALL. Make the game brutally difficult. Like old school pc games that hardly anyone ever beat...

I picture it more as a "choose your own adventure" story than elder scrolls game. The story changes, but you, as the player character, never really see increases in skill or abilities, maybe with the exception of customized weapons.

The only way to "win" is for the player character to survive to the ending cutscene. The story ends like Halo Reach- everyone dies except if the player character manages to make it through. But the game can end well before then if you do not select the right set of permutations. Any choice allows you a chance of "winning" the game, but it may be less and less plausible as some choices will lead to higher difficulties that are essentially impossible to overcome. So in a way it's not about winning, so much as it is how long can you survive. This would further instill lore regarding how brutal the flood epidemic is and how hopeless it is too win against them.

The few players who actually get through to the end get a badass piece of armour for the main entry games, a badge that shows what they accomplished.

The game is set on an ONI-commandeered prison transport ship, and throughout the game the players come across a complex set of terminals, clues, transcripts, riddles that shows the most disturbing side of ONI, and references/foreshadows future plans of the intelligence agency.
That would put it on par with Dead Space, wouldn't it?
I have no idea. Is Dead Space a videogame? Is it similar? If so, 1,000 Damns...
Dead space is a horror game that takes place on a mining ship with a normal man against flood-like necromorphs... so it is very similar...
Well, damn it. Here I thought I was being so damned creative. Is the game worth playing? Lol
Dead space series IMO is bada$$. I've beat each game several times. I don't get bored with it
Xbox 360? If so, I'll get it.
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
Sorry about the terrible formatting of my response. I accidentally confirmed my response before proofing it, and it had a huge section I pasted in from a previous thread. There is some issue I'm having with Waypoint and it won't let me edit and fix the problem.

What I wanted to say:

For quite some time now I have been wanting to see an rpg side-game based on the Halo Evolutions short story, Mona Lisa. I would still want it FPS, but would want it seriously evident that you play a regular human fighting the flood. No motion Tracker, and no AUTO AIM, AT ALL. Make the game brutally difficult. Like old school pc games that hardly anyone ever beat...

I picture it more as a "choose your own adventure" story than elder scrolls game. The story changes, but you, as the player character, never really see increases in skill or abilities, maybe with the exception of customized weapons.

The only way to "win" is for the player character to survive to the ending cutscene. The story ends like Halo Reach- everyone dies except if the player character manages to make it through. But the game can end well before then if you do not select the right set of permutations. Any choice allows you a chance of "winning" the game, but it may be less and less plausible as some choices will lead to higher difficulties that are essentially impossible to overcome. So in a way it's not about winning, so much as it is how long can you survive. This would further instill lore regarding how brutal the flood epidemic is and how hopeless it is too win against them.

The few players who actually get through to the end get a badass piece of armour for the main entry games, a badge that shows what they accomplished.

The game is set on an ONI-commandeered prison transport ship, and throughout the game the players come across a complex set of terminals, clues, transcripts, riddles that shows the most disturbing side of ONI, and references/foreshadows future plans of the intelligence agency.
Dead space is a horror game that takes place on a mining ship with a normal man against flood-like necromorphs... so it is very similar...
Well, damn it. Here I thought I was being so damned creative. Is the game worth playing? Lol
It's quite scary, but I've never played it...
Well, I thought a game would be totally badass. But I guess if it already exists, I'll be able to play out my dream! Lol
There's an overwhelming preference to a darker atmosphere - if they don't listen, that will spell disaster.
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
Ravenpaw14 wrote:

What I wanted to say:

Dead space series IMO is bada$$. I've beat each game several times. I don't get bored with it
Xbox 360? If so, I'll get it.
360. There's 3 games. Idk if there's a 4th yet. It's a pretty good jumper. Keeps you on the edge of your seat. Especially when you meet the Stalkers.
And the difficulty settings are insane if you wanna try the impossible or go easy.
Plus IMO the relationship between the characters are interesting. It's just an all around awesome game
Halo 6 Needs To be Dark Because The Whole Series Has been Dark. Even In Halo CE it Was Dark, you Even got the feeling you were playing a Horror game sometimes. Halo 5 Was quite Dark As well It just Was in the Background More.
if you Start feeling Halo 5 Was not dark Just remember All the different Species Locked up in Cages on The Last Level. Or the Fact Every Promethean Was A Life form, And May Have Been A human On earth That Was composed in Halo 4. Or the Fact That The Covenant Still Were Fighting And dying For A Lie. And the fact ONI Are willing to Kill Anyone If it Helps ONI, Including Master Chief, Locke,Arbiter,Sarah Palmer And of Course Halsey. Hunt the Truth Makes that very clear, not to mention the first cutscene of halo 5.

Halo 6 Must be Dark I would even Say It Needs To be Darker The All the others. Because at this Point there are only a handfull of good characters in this story. everyone else is corrupted in some form. So if Halo 6 Is not Dark I will be very disappointed. However If The Game is Still good and not Dark I will be very interested to see how they pulled it off.
Considering the fact that almost all AI's allying themselves with Cortana hints at a possible technological apocalypse, things could get EXTREMELY Mad Max in Halo 6.
halo 6 should be dark just like halo reach, maybe even darker.. My opinion though
i think in halo 6 they should add, jun from reach along with chiefs team and lockes team and just all out war, blood guts the real gross stuff to it, just to finish off the story line,
I played Spider-man 3 on the 360. It's rated T, and, well, it's Spider-man, and it's got more cruelty and cussing than Halo 5. Halo 5! A game of war! I liked the Spider-man game, by the way.
So I've just been playing through MCC and its obvious how different the atmosphere in these games are to 4 and 5. Its like 4 and 5 were made in part by a group of Vulcans. (sarcasm). But seriously just the whole feel to it My last halo game before 5 was reach and even then i only played that a bit. I had forgot tbh after i played 5 how the original trilogy. Bring back the nostalgia i say boy those games were fun. The campaigns were the best.
Darker, and above all Mature again. Just recently went back and beat H5 and the tone felt so wrong. More like Disney bought Halo and nerfed it so parents would take their 10 year olds to see it :/
Im not sure what Halo games you played, but it is questionable why it was ever rated M to begin with....
This one. The -Yoink- have you been playing?
Besides that, and the flood being fairly graphic, there's all the books/comics/and specials that are all much more extreme than 5. I see no reason it shouldn't stay M at its core.
uh huh.... When its not in anniversary mode it looks really cheesy. To me, and to many others, Halo was never a true M game to begin with. It has very little blood past Halo CE (which again was really cheesy and neon), barely any swearing (there is 1 time in all of halo media the f-bomb is dropped, and that is in a story in halo evolutions), and hardly anything graphic besides flood (which are the least graphic zombies I've ever seen in a video game) and the flood didn't even appear in ODST, 4, or Reach. So being rated M for Halo means nothing. Nothing except the blood has changed, and that is miniscule cuz there was hardly any blood since Halo 2.
Lame by today's standards maybe. Doom and Wolfenstien could/should be T with that logic. Also disregarded the fact that the Halo EU is for the most part much more mature than the direction 5 is going. Watch Headhunters. This is the direction Halo should go.
Lol, by that logic Bungie was doing it wrong too... Halo EU has always been darker than the games. Always. Not a new thing. Also does that mean Star Wars should be rated R? It has some pretty intense EU moments too lol.
Not at all. I'm just saying that it should've gone in the opposite direction of a T rating, and grew up with the fans instead of being baby-proofed for the new kids.
Spoiler:
Show
Darker, and above all Mature again. Just recently went back and beat H5 and the tone felt so wrong. More like Disney bought Halo and nerfed it so parents would take their 10 year olds to see it :/
Im not sure what Halo games you played, but it is questionable why it was ever rated M to begin with....
Besides that, and the flood being fairly graphic, there's all the books/comics/and specials that are all much more extreme than 5. I see no reason it shouldn't stay M at its core.
uh huh.... When its not in anniversary mode it looks really cheesy. To me, and to many others, Halo was never a true M game to begin with. It has very little blood past Halo CE (which again was really cheesy and neon), barely any swearing (there is 1 time in all of halo media the f-bomb is dropped, and that is in a story in halo evolutions), and hardly anything graphic besides flood (which are the least graphic zombies I've ever seen in a video game) and the flood didn't even appear in ODST, 4, or Reach. So being rated M for Halo means nothing. Nothing except the blood has changed, and that is miniscule cuz there was hardly any blood since Halo 2.
Lame by today's standards maybe. Doom and Wolfenstien could/should be T with that logic. Also disregarded the fact that the Halo EU is for the most part much more mature than the direction 5 is going. Watch Headhunters. This is the direction Halo should go.
Lol, by that logic Bungie was doing it wrong too... Halo EU has always been darker than the games. Always. Not a new thing. Also does that mean Star Wars should be rated R? It has some pretty intense EU moments too lol.
Not at all. I'm just saying that it should've gone in the opposite direction of a T rating, and grew up with the fans instead of being baby-proofed for the new kids.
Spoiler:
Show

Halo has always had adult fans, just like sw and lotr. Why would they make it more adult and alienate a large portion of their fanbase, just to please a vocal few? They haven't had to adultify it to get older fans up to now,and they've been able to get young fans since the beginning. Why would they risk alienating possible young fans (or their parents), or adult fans who don't care for that stuff anyway?

Blood, gore, profanity, and sex add nothing to the story/gameplay, and for me they detract. And that is the case for many people. Why do you think R rated movies are usually not extremely successful? That title always goes to pg13.
Spoiler:
Show

Halo has always had adult fans, just like sw and lotr. Why would they make it more adult and alienate a large portion of their fanbase, just to please a vocal few? They haven't had to adultify it to get older fans up to now,and they've been able to get young fans since the beginning. Why would they risk alienating possible young fans (or their parents), or adult fans who don't care for that stuff anyway?

Blood, gore, profanity, and sex add nothing to the story/gameplay, and for me they detract. And that is the case for many people. Why do you think R rated movies are usually not extremely successful? That title always goes to pg13.
I'm not claiming they should go full on HBO/Gears graphic, you're exaggerating my point. Just enough to keep it a mature series. And while it's true that PG-13 outgrosses R for the most part (Deadpool says hi) you're sadly mistaken if you think T rated titles outsell M rated titles. It's also laughable to claim making Halo M again would "alienate" anyone old enough to play a shooter, seeing as how kids play much worse games like CoD, GTA etc.
Spoiler:
Show

I'm not claiming they should go full on HBO/Gears graphic, you're exaggerating my point. Just enough to keep it a mature series. And while it's true that PG-13 outgrosses R for the most part (Deadpool says hi) you're sadly mistaken if you think T rated titles outsell M rated titles. It's also laughable to claim making Halo M again would "alienate" anyone old enough to play a shooter, seeing as how kids play much worse games like CoD, GTA etc.
You definitely implied that they should head more towards a gears vibe....
I wasn't suggesting T titles outsell M. I was simply saying there is a portion of the fan base who would be alienated by Halo going to a harder M feel than it was. That is true. I probably wouldn't love halo as much as I do if it was more like gears. That crap is unnecessary. I was also saying that Halo has always drawn fans of all ages, so they don't need to go to a harder M to draw more people... That wouldn't work. They went t cause there are still ppl out there, however small a minority they may be who either don't play m games, or don't let their kids. And for Halo that m didn't mean anything anyway, as this is the way it has always been. I also don't know anyone who says "I do t play a game cuz there's not enough gore/swearing/sex" buy I know plenty of people who say "I don't play x game cuz there's too much gore/swearing/sex"
Spoiler:
Show

I wasn't suggesting T titles outsell M. I was simply saying there is a portion of the fan base who would be alienated by Halo going to a harder M feel than it was. That is true. I probably wouldn't love halo as much as I do if it was more like gears. That crap is unnecessary. I was also saying that Halo has always drawn fans of all ages, so they don't need to go to a harder M to draw more people... That wouldn't work. They went t cause there are still ppl out there, however small a minority they may be who either don't play m games, or don't let their kids. And for Halo that m didn't mean anything anyway, as this is the way it has always been. I also don't know anyone who says "I do t play a game cuz there's not enough gore/swearing/sex" buy I know plenty of people who say "I don't play x game cuz there's too much gore/swearing/sex"
Microsoft is a multi billion dollar company. It wouldn't even dent them if some people stopped playing halo because it became more mature. It would also draw in a new crowd, those more into darker vibes. But like I said, Microsoft doesn't need halo to be T rated.
Spoiler:
Show

Microsoft is a multi billion dollar company. It wouldn't even dent them if some people stopped playing halo because it became more mature. It would also draw in a new crowd, those more into darker vibes. But like I said, Microsoft doesn't need halo to be T rated.
Why would they try and make Halo less popular. As I said, those who would stop playing would far outweigh those who wouldn't play unless it was more mature.

They already have a dark franchse in gears. No need to add another with Halo
Spoiler:
Show

No I really didn't. I say I don't want a kid friendly Disney Halo, and you took that as I want an incredibly violent, gory, -Yoink- in space. You probably dug up that left field idea where you found the other one that makes you think blood/violence would break a game franchise that was built on shooting things. If 5 would have been M, it would have been just as successful as it was rated T. Nobody would have felt "alienated" because the 7th game in an M rated franchise turned out to be rated f**king M. If you want to see a real unnecessary change in rating, look at the Arkham franchise. Who would've thunk a -Yoinking!- Batman game would be M?? And guess what? It was awesome.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. ...
  7. 16