Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Should Halo 6 have the new SPARTAN abilities?

OP Lonk of Thyme

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Should Halo 6 have the new SPARTAN abilities?

Poll Ended

Honestly,
I couldn't agree LESS with the new SPARTAN abilities.
I mean, seriously? The god damn thrusters make it feel like Advanced Warfare all over again!
-From a brutally Immature poster.
I can leave Ground Pound and Spartan Charge but the others especially thrusts have become natural to me now.
Now if I play any other game I automatically look for thrust. I played Doom on a mates PC and felt it was limited not being able to evade with thrust (or at least a roll out of the way.)
Keep thrust, ground pound ok, charge is just awful
The only thing I would do is reduce the range of the Spartan Charge. I love all the other abilities.
Remove Spartan Charge and Sprint. Keep thrusters but maybe increase the cool down time. Possibly replace clamber with double jump to open up different pathways in maps. Smart Link and slide I don't really care about but autos shouldn't really have smart link.
I agree partially, one because they have already been implemented into the way we now play so all they can do is add more abilities or keep it the same like how they had sprint in Halo 4. I also believe there should be a playlist in Halo 6 where you can play on the ORIGINAL movement system from Halo 3.
Make sprint limited, and I'm alright Spartan Charge staying. People will use it a whole lot less when they have to save that sprint for other times. Other than that, I like all of the abilities. There could be some others added, though... Maybe include a Double-jump? A tactical roll, instead of the slide, would be nice just for style points (make it optional like assassinations). Wasn't there a "Spartan Vision" back in Halo 4? Maybe bring that back, but tweak it a bit?
Remove Spartan Charge and Sprint. Keep thrusters but maybe increase the cool down time. Possibly replace clamber with double jump to open up different pathways in maps. Smart Link and slide I don't really care about but autos shouldn't really have smart link.
Why not?
Sprint is...well...we've done this song and dance hundreds of times now. Just no.
Spartan Charge is a bad idea. If anything Melee needs nerfed, not further empowered.
Ground Pound is okay. It's situational.
Thruster is problematic. It's beneficial, and yet it isn't. Juking, yet the ability to flee to cover.
Slide doesn't pose any problems, it's fine.
Stabilizers are another bad idea. But ultimately not that big of a deal.

Edit:
Clamber is inferior to decent jump height and just slows movement. Completely forgot about that one.
If Sprint was removed (thus, Spartan Charge), then I'd be cool with it. Then again, I don't really mind the way it is now.

I love thruster. Clamber works with crouch jump, which is also good. For the longest time, I was afraid that they phased out crouch jumping entirely, but now I know that it increases Clamber height, and is ultimately faster and allows you to keep your gun up, in areas where you can crouch jump instead.
My dream is to have halo 6 have thrusters, ground pound with no splash damage, and no sprint.
And I'm sick and tired of posts comparing halo 5's thrusters to advanced warfare's, they don't even work the same! If any thing doom is more close to call of duty's because it propels you upwards! Not sideways!
I would personally like a double jump for more midair control. They can make the standard jump night lower if they need to i just want more control in my jump. Or if that's not a option, perhaps midair thrusters to give you almost ground level movement controls while jumping. Perhaps even both.

After playing doom i can say that i can live without sprint as long as we are moving very fast at top speed.Spartan charge could just be pressing thruster pack button and melee at the same time and slide could be the same.

i would like to ability to use hover without needing to be in smart scope. And adding the better midair mobility to it would be nice as well.
Remove them all. Halo 5 is NOT a Halo Game!
It has Halo in the title and it feels like other Halos so I'm going to say yes, it is indeed a Halo Game.

OT: I think all the abilities should stay. I honestly don't see why people complain about Spartan Charge so much, but that's just me.
If they were to add new Spartan Abilities, my guess would be a vertical thrust and wall running.

Really hope they don't add wall running though. Thrusting vertically can be cool though if they know how to work it.
Make sprint limited, and I'm alright Spartan Charge staying. People will use it a whole lot less when they have to save that sprint for other times. Other than that, I like all of the abilities. There could be some others added, though... Maybe include a Double-jump? A tactical roll, instead of the slide, would be nice just for style points (make it optional like assassinations). Wasn't there a "Spartan Vision" back in Halo 4? Maybe bring that back, but tweak it a bit?
:/ stop, halo 4 was also the downfall of halo, double jump? This Destiny ? No? Cod? No and Sparten vison... I'm getting cancer from this
Yet people will insist that spartan abilities are what's "killing halo" and that if it played like halo 2 the population would be huge again.

lol.
Remove them all. Halo 5 is NOT a Halo Game!
That video is idiotic
Clamber slide and i guess thrusters I'd keep,scrap everything else
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2