Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Should Spartan abilities stay for halo 6?

OP homerduff15

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 19
Especially promethean vision and get rid of the camping
I think that all abilities are good, though, I think that should upgrade sprint
Spartan Charge and Ground Pound are silly - takes the emphasis out of being an FPS.

Would like to see Strafing become important again without having to use the Thruster Pack. The number of times someone gets a perfect magnum due to limited strafing ability in H5 makes me :(
Honestly people abuse Spartan Charge (and I admit I'm guilty of this at times, too) but the rest of them only serve to enhance gameplay a bit because I for one always hated playing Halo 4 or 5 then going to 1-3 and not being able to sprint. It always took forever to get across the map.
Yes and promethean vision needs to come back as well so we can eliminate the camping once and for all
Keep 'em. Plus, if you look at the way Halo has developed, from Armor abilities to loadouts to Spartan Abilities, I don't think we're going to remove this stuff; it might change into something else, however. What...I have no idea.
Spartan Charge is gimmicky, annoying, and the "magnetism" is absolutely relentless - whether or not you're the one attacking / being attacked. It's just as unforgiving as the Hunters and their cannons.
I don't mind the abilities, I only wish that you could shoot when you use thrusters. That is my only reason why I die.
it saddens me that people actually want Bit... I mean Thrust pack. It's just a tool for running away but I guess If you get good at running away and thrusting behind walls or rocks you end up thinking it's skilled based. I guess people don't care about legit gun battles anymore.
You need to open your eyes If you honestly think that thruster pack is only used for getting away.
I never said that's all it is used for but that's what the majority of people do with it. I can't remember a game where I haven't played Peek-a-Boo with the enemy cause there constantly running away and thrusting behind walls. If you think it should be in the game then give me one good reason why it should. I can't think of a single reason why it would be good for Halo.
Sprint is the only bad one.

And Spartan charge, but that's an easy omission once sprint is gone.

A high BMS halo game with no sprint that keeps thrust, slide, mantle and GP would be amazing.
How would slide work without sprint? It'd just feel awkward as hell. If your movement speed increased the longer you ran until it hit a cap not too far from the base movement speed then it might make sense, I don't know. Personally, I think spartan charge and ground pound should both be removed, and thrust should be to changed to something like a dash to the side, maybe assisted by the thrusters. Most of the thrusters on the armor sets look small, and I find it hard to believe that they could do any of the things they do in Halo 5 without being in a low-gravity or zero-gravity environment.
it saddens me that people actually want Bit... I mean Thrust pack. It's just a tool for running away but I guess If you get good at running away and thrusting behind walls or rocks you end up thinking it's skilled based. I guess people don't care about legit gun battles anymore.
You need to open your eyes If you honestly think that thruster pack is only used for getting away.
I never said that's all it is used for but that's what the majority of people do with it. I can't remember a game where I haven't played Peek-a-Boo with the enemy cause there constantly running away and thrusting behind walls. If you think it should be in the game then give me one good reason why it should. I can't think of a single reason why it would be good for Halo.
It helps with getting away, sure. However, it also helps with dodging, throwing off your opponent's aim/confusing them, closing the gap for a melee or hijacking, or reaching a ledge.
S3CTI0N08 wrote:
I don't mind the abilities, I only wish that you could shoot when you use thrusters. That is my only reason why I die.
I highly doubt that's the only reason
Magnyss wrote:
Keep 'em. Plus, if you look at the way Halo has developed, from Armor abilities to loadouts to Spartan Abilities, I don't think we're going to remove this stuff; it might change into something else, however. What...I have no idea.
I think the progression was equipment->armor abilities->spartan abilities. Loadouts were just something they wanted to try out.
Yes and promethean vision needs to come back as well so we can eliminate the camping once and for all
Um, no, Promeathean vision is cheap if there's no way to counter it and everyone has it. Besides, if someone is camping and killing you or a teammate then you know where they are.
Spartan Charge and Ground Pound are silly - takes the emphasis out of being an FPS.

Would like to see Strafing become important again without having to use the Thruster Pack. The number of times someone gets a perfect magnum due to limited strafing ability in H5 makes me :(
They also don't make much sense lore-wise in my opinion.
Rhyno 2187 wrote:
Playing halo with out ADS or sprint or trust? Terrible. I don't care cause I never use charge and ground pound anyway but no ADS or sprint? heck no!
I love trusters love sprinting love sliding love ADS love assassinations!
*Thrust, *Thrusters
Also, ADS in Halo 5 isn't smart-link, so it doesn't make sense.
Seydlitz71 wrote:
Magnyss wrote:
Keep 'em. Plus, if you look at the way Halo has developed, from Armor abilities to loadouts to Spartan Abilities, I don't think we're going to remove this stuff; it might change into something else, however. What...I have no idea.
I think the progression was equipment->armor abilities->spartan abilities. Loadouts were just something they wanted to try out.
I was thinking of Armor Abilities in Reach/H4, MP Loadouts in H4, and Spartan Abilities in H5. Just thinking linearly along the release dates.
lSpritz wrote:
Willko wrote:
lSpritz wrote:
I can't honestly vote because I'm against Spartan abilities, but Halo 6 would feel disconnected without them
It's funny you say that because a lot of us feel that Halos 4 and 5 feel disconnected because of them(Yes, I get that Halo 4 didn't have Spartan Abilities. But it had Armor Abilities, which served the same basic purpose).
I feel like 343 (or Microsoft, who knows) is just trying to follow the modern day shooter trends. I don't know whether or not to feel surprised if there's wall running in Halo 6
They won't take it that far, they have no justification to do it lore-wise.
Magnyss wrote:
Seydlitz71 wrote:
Magnyss wrote:
Keep 'em. Plus, if you look at the way Halo has developed, from Armor abilities to loadouts to Spartan Abilities, I don't think we're going to remove this stuff; it might change into something else, however. What...I have no idea.
I think the progression was equipment->armor abilities->spartan abilities. Loadouts were just something they wanted to try out.
I was thinking of Armor Abilities in Reach/H4, MP Loadouts in H4, and Spartan Abilities in H5. Just thinking linearly along the release dates.
I know what you meant, equipment was in Halo 3, hence it being first. Armor abilities and loadouts both first appeared in Halo: Reach, but the loadouts were so simple that I don't really count them until Halo 4.
Why not bring armor abilitys back, but keep the spartan abilitiys.
Every armor ability creats its own spartans abilitys. (climbing is universel)

Thruster: Hovering, thrusting, charging
Shield: create a shield doom( bubble shild(destroyable)), Blockad a doorway with an unpassing shiledfield (short time limeted( sacrifing own shileds for this)) or halo 4 guard shield
Projektion: Create a hologram, turn yourself into the enemy team by colour and friend/for notification for a short time. stand still and get 50% camoflage.(stay still 3 min and you get kicked.
Speed: Reload faster, super short sprints. dodge rolls.

Maybe only the thruster system for the arena butt in warzone, unlocked throu level progression?
*Abilities, *Creates, *Universal, *Dome, *Shield, *Block
*shield doors that enemies can't pass through ("unpassable shiledfield" You couldn't think of a better explanation?)
*The shields only last for a short time, and you have to sacrifice your shields to make it (makes no sense lore-wise)
*Halo 4 shield projection (hardlight shield)
*stupid TF2 spy ability that would not only suck in Halo and be completely out of place, but also make no sense lore-wise
*%50 camouflage when standing still, but kick people if they stay idle for more than three minutes (also stupid)
*super short sprint (how does that make sens if the ability is called "speed"?)
*the ability to roll (evade from Reach)

That's all
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 19