Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Should Spartan abilities stay for halo 6?

OP homerduff15

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 19
Seydlitz71 wrote:
it saddens me that people actually want Bit... I mean Thrust pack. It's just a tool for running away but I guess If you get good at running away and thrusting behind walls or rocks you end up thinking it's skilled based. I guess people don't care about legit gun battles anymore.
You need to open your eyes If you honestly think that thruster pack is only used for getting away.
I never said that's all it is used for but that's what the majority of people do with it. I can't remember a game where I haven't played Peek-a-Boo with the enemy cause they're constantly running away and thrusting behind walls. If you think it should be in the game then give me one good reason why it should. I can't think of a single reason why it would be good for Halo.
It helps with getting away, sure. However, it also helps with dodging, throwing off your opponent's aim/confusing them, closing the gap for a melee or hijacking, or reaching a ledge.
Yep. those are also some really good reason why it shouldn't be in the game too. Anything that reduces the skill lvl and makes it easier shouldn't be in Halo . Great post.
ImAri3s wrote:
Just remove Spartan Charge, and keep slide/thrusters to customs only.
Thrusters suck too because its a way to avoid getting outta gun fights
Exactly!
Honestly I feel like they have to remove all of them because ground pound would most likely be super op if you can't sprint away. I guess thruster can still combat that but I'm not sure how well it would work without sprint. I personally would love to see them go back to the classic movement style and add new stuff via pick ups or something kinda like the halo 3 pickups or possibly a better armour ability system.
l000Flan k wrote:
They are all fine. It's funny that people complain because they die to certain abilities. "I'm bad at avoiding something so please remove it from the game"
lol, pretty much. smh
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members. This includes stat-flaming.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I honestly just don't like Spartan Charge. Everything else's I'm fine with.
It depends on what 343 chooses to keep, and from that, how they might evolve them. If they keep Sprint for Halo 6, then take Halo 5s version. If they take any abilities out, then remove Spartan Charge, Sprint. I like the Smart Link ability; it works nicely in my opinion. Besides, its just a holographic sight. Its nothing close to CoD.
They worked the abilities into Halo 5 really well. But they can really simply the gameplay by removing one or two. IF Sprint is gone, then up the walking speed by 10 or so percent.
Io le terrei tutte anzi forse ne aggiungerei qualcuna
I think that we need both playlists with Spartan abilities and a classic playlist, I've seen videos and even played a classic custom game with no abilities like old games and despite what people say it works with the sandbox. Even if there was a modified sandbox for an alternate classic playlist. It will cater to both types of players
l000Flan k wrote:
They are all fine. It's funny that people complain because they die to certain abilities. "I'm bad at avoiding something so please remove it from the game"
say's the guy who has a negative k/d in every Halo game except Halo 5. And I wonder why You barley have a positive k/d in Halo 5. Could it possible be all the bull crap in Halo 5 that allow weaker players to get kills? I find it funny how every time I see a comment like this the person who post it has bad stats.
Chill dude these forums are supposed to be a place where people can just come and share their opinions without needing extreme criticism.
I have seen plenty of threads discussing this topic but I want to see your opinion on Spartan abilities. Do you like the more fast paced movement or do you prefer the slower paced movement of Halo 1-3? Honestly I would like to see sprint, smart scope and Spartan charge removed for halo 6. I don't mind the rest of them too much.
Spartan Charge needs a fundamental nerf.
l000Flan k wrote:
say's the guy who has a negative k/d in every Halo game except Halo 5. And I wonder why You barley have a positive k/d in Halo 5. Could it possible be all the bull crap in Halo 5 that allow weaker players to get kills? I find it funny how every time I see a comment like this the person who post it has bad stats.
Chill dude these forums are supposed to be a place where people can just come and share their opinions without needing extreme criticism.
If your going post something that's completely wrong and biased then you need to expect criticism. If he had the stats to back up his statement then I probably wouldn't have posted.
Syxnrgy wrote:
I have seen plenty of threads discussing this topic but I want to see your opinion on Spartan abilities. Do you like the more fast paced movement or do you prefer the slower paced movement of Halo 1-3? Honestly I would like to see sprint, smart scope and Spartan charge removed for halo 6. I don't mind the rest of them too much.
Spartan Charge needs a fundamental nerf.
They need to just remove it. Then maybe 343 will increase the radar
l000Flan k wrote:
If your going post something that's completely wrong and biased then you need to expect criticism. If he had the stats to back up his statement then I probably wouldn't have posted.
But come on not everyone has to have a good k/d some people want to play just rob play and have fun there is absolutely no obligation for someone to have to have a good k/d for their opinion to be relevant or have a good k/d to be allowed to play the game. However I do see both sides of the argument and I understand both statements I was just saying that he didn't but have to go about it in that way by insulting him
so far Majority like Spartan Abilities and i think they should Stay
I love them all
Ya Spartan charge is pretty cheap...I love the idea though as sprint not having to be an ability..."oh you're a super soldier who cant run...pathetic piece of s***"
Seydlitz71 wrote:
it saddens me that people actually want Bit... I mean Thrust pack. It's just a tool for running away but I guess If you get good at running away and thrusting behind walls or rocks you end up thinking it's skilled based. I guess people don't care about legit gun battles anymore.
You need to open your eyes If you honestly think that thruster pack is only used for getting away.
I never said that's all it is used for but that's what the majority of people do with it. I can't remember a game where I haven't played Peek-a-Boo with the enemy cause they're constantly running away and thrusting behind walls. If you think it should be in the game then give me one good reason why it should. I can't think of a single reason why it would be good for Halo.
It helps with getting away, sure. However, it also helps with dodging, throwing off your opponent's aim/confusing them, closing the gap for a melee or hijacking, or reaching a ledge.
Yep. those are also some really good reason why it shouldn't be in the game too. Anything that reduces the skill lvl and makes it easier shouldn't be in Halo . Great post.
How does that reduce skill level. Everything he explained an be used more effectively by those who have the skill for it.
i want new ways to customize our spartan characters, weapons, vehicles, paint jobs, and more.
and that is just one thing i want to have, have you ever imagine that if you want to change HUD colors and design textures. have you always wanted to paint your own weapons and make more attachments on your weapons, and last but no least your own vehicles and upgrades. if you like this idea let me know if not then well you let me know.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 19