Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Should Spartan abilities stay for halo 6?

OP homerduff15

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 19
sid foeva wrote:
Tcrusher04 wrote:
sid foeva wrote:
Keep Sprint
Keep Spartan Charge from existence
Keep Clamber
Keep thrusters, but change how it works (not a default ability)
Keep Ground Pound
Keep stabilization
KEEP ADS
Keep sliding
I had to agree by editing your post by saying keep them all
Good for you
thrusters are fine, i liked Full-screen zoom on the BR's better, but I understand ADS is better for arena. Also
Keep Smart-Link
Keep Armour Mods
Keep Armours as REQ's (But let them be unlockable through commendations)
Keep WZ REQ's (But stop giving out Mythic Packs)
Keep ruining Halo, and I will haunt you. (343........)
I prefer equipment or the old style of armor abilities
Really don't like ADS in Halo, don't even care if it's in the next game, just give me an option to disable it.

Armor Mods are fine as long as they stay out of Arena.

Customization shouldn't be RNG. Use a hybrid of commendation, achievement, and currency system.

Btw, is your name a reference to the Dire Straits song?
Just don't ever bring back jet packs.
Seydlitz71 wrote:
lSpritz wrote:
Willko wrote:
lSpritz wrote:
I can't honestly vote because I'm against Spartan abilities, but Halo 6 would feel disconnected without them
It's funny you say that because a lot of us feel that Halos 4 and 5 feel disconnected because of them(Yes, I get that Halo 4 didn't have Spartan Abilities. But it had Armor Abilities, which served the same basic purpose).
I feel like 343 (or Microsoft, who knows) is just trying to follow the modern day shooter trends. I don't know whether or not to feel surprised if there's wall running in Halo 6
They won't take it that far, they have no justification to do it lore-wise.
There was no justification lore-wise to bring in and then take away dual wielding, but that happened. There was no justification lore-wise to bring in, and then remove armor abilities, but that happened. There was no justification lore-wise to bring in, and then remove equipment pickups, but that happened. There was no justification lore-wise to bring in and then take away ordinance drops.

If anything, lore does offer a reason for wall-running because of the magnetic boots the Spartans have. That's not to say I want wall-running. It would be a terrible addition to the game, just like sprinting and abilities are. The point I'm trying to get at is that you can't lock your gameplay mechanics down with lore(within reason). You have to look at what is good and what is bad for the gameplay. Unfortunately, 343 seems to be giving gameplay quality a backseat to whatever gameplay mechanics are in the other popular games of the time.
l000Flan k wrote:
They are all fine. It's funny that people complain because they die to certain abilities. "I'm bad at avoiding something so please remove it from the game"
say's the guy who has a negative k/d in every Halo game except Halo 5. And I wonder why You barley have a positive k/d in Halo 5. Could it possible be all the bull crap in Halo 5 that allow weaker players to get kills? I find it funny how every time I see a comment like this the person who post it has bad stats.
Actually it's simply because I play Halo 5 a lot. Had you checked 2 months ago you would have seen me have a negative k/d in that too. I've just played enough to have evened out my stats, notice the difference in time played? I'm mostly an objective player, so I don't mind getting slaughtered while holding flags/bombs/capture points/etc.
I only liked the clamber ability which actually felt like it added to the core gameplay of the classic Halo's instead of changing it like the rest did.
l000Flan k wrote:
l000Flan k wrote:
They are all fine. It's funny that people complain because they die to certain abilities. "I'm bad at avoiding something so please remove it from the game"
say's the guy who has a negative k/d in every Halo game except Halo 5. And I wonder why You barley have a positive k/d in Halo 5. Could it possible be all the bull crap in Halo 5 that allow weaker players to get kills? I find it funny how every time I see a comment like this the person who post it has bad stats.
Actually it's simply because I play Halo 5 a lot. Had you checked 2 months ago you would have seen me have a negative k/d in that too. I've just played enough to have evened out my stats, notice the difference in time played? I'm mostly an objective player, so I don't mind getting slaughtered while holding flags/bombs/capture points/etc. On top of that, I prefer PC gaming (I just happen to like halo a lot so I got an XB1) so I consider k/d in console games to be a joke.
So I had planned on leaving this forum post alone but then you said "so I consider k/d in console games to be a joke". I'm guessing by this statement you think using a Mouse and keyboard takes more skill. Using a mouse is practically like using an aim bot. If you can't hit your shots by pointing and clicking then somethings wrong. There's also no Halo games on the PC unless you still play Halo 2. Halo is about the only game out there that takes true skill by putting everyone on the same playing field. Every other FPS out there just takes basic aiming and shooting. Also K/D proves whether or not a player can get kills, it doesn't matter if all you do is play objective. Just look at my game history for all my Halo games. 70-80% of the games I've played are objective and most of those games i'm leading in the objective score in CTF, Assualt, Head Hunter, Crazy King, Ect. Simply going for the objective doesn't justify a bad K/D.
I'd vote get rid of sprint, charge, and the accuracy increase you get when you ads, that essential would make ads function the same as zoom, it just looks different. I like the mix of some weapon have ads and some have full screen zoom, just take away the accuracy increase. I'd say take away ads all together on automatic weapons though.
remind me what ads are again??
Aim down sights.
like the new recon scope and most of the new smart link auto weapons???
Yeah
ehhh those are ok, i dont see the point of scoping in CQB when you're descoped if you get hit.
I don't like that zooming in gives the gun more accuracy. Autos really don't need more accuracy than they already have un-zoomed. It's not that big of a deal with precision weapons but it gives autos more accuracy and range which shouldn't be a thing.
It SAYS that there's more accuracy, but i don't think it really matters that much overall.
It matters a lot. Especially with autos.
Really??? I dont really notice because i mainly use BR's or get up close and personal. None of that auto mid-range nonsense.
Yeah. I mean it's not like it ruins the game but I'd much rather accuracy be the same from the hip as when scoped.
I think the accuracy thing is just because you get a better view of the opponent, so if u can see better, why can't you shoot better???
That's the way I want it to be but it actually increases the accuracy of the gun as well. Test it out with an SMG for example, you'll notice a considerable difference in the spread and range.
...If you're zooming in with an SMG, it means the other guy is like 2 meters in front of you, and they most likely have an AR or SMG as well so what's the point. But i tried it when onbody was close and it DOES affect it. Not a lot though.
I think they should keep all the abilities, but maybe nerf the Spartan charge but not get rid of it completely. I also think they should add some of the abilities from halo reach, but make them affiliated with certain armors or make it so you can only pick up the abilities, like the jetpack, bubble shield, and armor lock. Or they can make it so the abilities can only be picked up like in reach. Also they should add nightvisison back into halo 5. They also make all the armors have certain traits, so they are not just for looks.
if you remove these abilities you lost me. anyone complaining has probably been subjected to repeated deaths by a spartan charge.
Yep. Probably butthurt.
Not me. I just don't like the addition of these because it feels less like halo, and more like "Call of Titanfall 2 Black ops 3
Sprint: Won't care if it stays or goes.
Spartan Charge: Might be happy to see it leave, won't be distressed if it stays.
Ground Pound: Don't care if it stays or goes.
Thrusters: Would prefer that it stays. Won't flip out if it goes.
Smart-Scope: Don't care. Somewhat prefer old scope.
Slide: Don't see it used effectively enough to care.
Clamber: Meh. Doesn't make too much of a difference.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
the spartan charge should be removed, it is a headache, the rest are good :)
Seydlitz71 wrote:
Yes and promethean vision needs to come back as well so we can eliminate the camping once and for all
Um, no, Promeathean vision is cheap if there's no way to counter it and everyone has it. Besides, if someone is camping and killing you or a teammate then you know where they are.
No it's not creepy it's the -Yoink- and not everyone used it and that way no more camping
Seydlitz71 wrote:
Yes and promethean vision needs to come back as well so we can eliminate the camping once and for all
Um, no, Promeathean vision is cheap if there's no way to counter it and everyone has it. Besides, if someone is camping and killing you or a teammate then you know where they are.
No it's not creepy it's the -Yoink- and not everyone used it and that way no more camping
I didn't say it was creepy, and if they re-added it everyone would use it since there wouldn't be any alternatives.
Also, it won't stop camping, because if you suck then you're still going to suck.
wouldn't it be so cool if there was a black market in halo 6 if you don't think so then lets come up with something else.
Seydlitz71 wrote:
Seydlitz71 wrote:
Yes and promethean vision needs to come back as well so we can eliminate the camping once and for all
Um, no, Promeathean vision is cheap if there's no way to counter it and everyone has it. Besides, if someone is camping and killing you or a teammate then you know where they are.
No it's not creepy it's the -Yoink- and not everyone used it and that way no more camping
I didn't say it was creepy, and if they re-added it everyone would use it since there wouldn't be any alternatives.
Also, it won't stop camping, because if you suck then you're still going to suck.
I don't suck nor will I ever camping just annoying
I really dont understand why ppl hate sprint there spartans capable of running 60kph. thruster and camber and spartan charge also makes sense. ground pound is the only one that doesnt seem right.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 19