Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Should Spartan abilities stay for halo 6?

OP homerduff15

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 19
Leave it the way it is
Remove Spartan Charge keep the rest.
Agree
Seydlitz71 wrote:
Seydlitz71 wrote:
Yes and promethean vision needs to come back as well so we can eliminate the camping once and for all
Um, no, Promeathean vision is cheap if there's no way to counter it and everyone has it. Besides, if someone is camping and killing you or a teammate then you know where they are.
No it's not creepy it's the -Yoink- and not everyone used it and that way no more camping
I didn't say it was creepy, and if they re-added it everyone would use it since there wouldn't be any alternatives.
Also, it won't stop camping, because if you suck then you're still going to suck.
I don't suck nor will I ever camping just annoying
Not really, campers are usually easy to deal with. If you're having so much trouble finding where a camper is shooting from that you think they should add a new mechanic into the game, then you suck.
They should make them add-ons for your armor and allow you to make them how you want. But I'd let everyone keep sprint, I would have a jetpack like thing but only use it for falling if they added fall damage back I'd use it so I could take if any just a little damage without losing shields completely.
Keep them.
I don't mind too much, Spartan charge should go though
Just don't ever bring back jet packs.
I disagree. I believe that the Jet Pack, and Armor Abilities (instead of spartan abilities) was a great mechanic, (in halo reach not halo 4) and quite frankly, I dislike the addition of Spartan Abilities. It's removing the Halo experience, and slowly changing it to some other game. I don't know what it is, but it sure as heck isn't Halo as it used to be.
Something nitpicking that irritates me is how the thrusters are letting out their flames whilst you're sprinting. You're a augmented supersoldier who's been enhanced to run faster too, so the fact that the suit is depicted as the thing that's making you run faster does not feel right to me.
Something nitpicking that irritates me is how the thrusters are letting out their flames whilst you're sprinting. You're a augmented supersoldier who's been enhanced to run faster too, so the fact that the suit is depicted as the thing that's making you run faster does not feel right to me.
i agree, its not like playing call of duty black ops 3 its like playing a different game were it challenges you into a advanced combat and it gets more difficult than ever, however if you're a professional gamer to the entire community then maybe it won't be difficult than it was back then.thrusters however thats a different story, when you press rb to thrust it doesn't make you fly or anything its just trying to help you avoid bullets,rockets,grenades...everything except when to avoid one of those hydra launchers,but of course i agree of what you said.
Keep sprint and add the ability to jump higher if you hold down the jump
button. Get rid of clamber and ground pound and you'll have a great revamped Halo that has more fluid movement while still keeping the basis of what made "Halo" Halo
No. In my opinion spartan abilities don't belong in Halo. I'm okay with vaulting, but I'd prefer not to have it in the game.
I don't really mind having them in the game, and I think they add a lot (maybe too much) to the gameplay.
that easy. No if you want too you could keep clamber but do it like destiny 2 where does it on there own when you miss a ledge.
I would like everything to stay, even Spartan Charge, because it logically makes sense to combine sprint and a melee for extra damage. In real life this kind of thing is called "double impact." That being said, it should be nerfed. The range should stay the same, but a lock-on will only activate once you enter melee range. This way, it is easy to evade the charge. Also, I think that punching an enemy while he is charging you should decrease the damage you take.
I had to go with, "Don't really mind them too much," because there isn't an option for "Thrusting is stupid. Bye, Felicia!" I like sprint, spartan charge, and ground pound. In my eyes, spartans should be capable of doing all of these things. Thrusting, on the other hand, feels very out of place and encourages you to flee losing battles. In classic games, the lack of thrusting meant you had to improvise in deadly encounters. In Halo 5, you can just thrust around a corner to evade death.

Not sure why everybody hates ADS. It only exists to assist with aiming and doesn't affect the performance of the weapon itself. I would much rather use the holographic scope of the Needler than a lack thereof (like in CE) or the ugly (and quite useless) black visor (like in 3). I've heard people dislike it because the animation takes longer, but this has never negatively affected my performance in a game.

I say we should keep:
  • Spartan charge
  • Ground pound
  • ADS
  • Sprint
And get rid of:
  • Thrusting
I'm cool with armor mods as they only offer a minimal advantage, but I think they should bring the equipment back from Halo 3.
Remove Spartan Charge keep the rest.
Totally agree with you my friend
They are fantastically balanced and would add, if done properly, something great to the next halo title.
I'm a fan of the Halo 5 multiplayer gameplay mechanics. I say keep everything! Much better and consistent than Halo 4.

• I want sprint gone and replaced with a higher base player movement and strafe speed. We don't need sprint for fast paced gameplay, look at Quake. (I am not suggesting that you make it as fast as quake however, quake is sweat city)
  • I want the thrusting completely removed and forgotten. It ruins gunfighting, cheapens positioning, and generally allows players to survive far more lost fights and walking around in the open when they ought to lose their helmets for it. It's fun, I'll give it that, but it by itself more than anything is what makes Halo 5 not "play like a Halo title"
  • I am okay with ground pound. Keep it. I think it's balanced, doesn't cheapen gameplay at all, and hella fun.
  • Spartan Charge has gotta go, because sprint has to go too and there's no place for Spartan Charge without sprint.
  • ADS should remain for long-range weapons only. Remove it from close-range fully automatic weapons.
  • "Hover" in ADS should also go away. In practice all it does is allow people to take obnoxious potshots that they otherwise wouldn't be able to land while jumping.
I would say remove sprint and make the base movement slightly faster and remove all other spartan abilities but keep thrusters it would be a nice edition that would allow the map designers to create similar maps to halo 3!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 19