Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Should Spartan abilities stay for halo 6?

OP homerduff15

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19
I'd vote get rid of sprint, charge, and the accuracy increase you get when you ads, that essential would make ads function the same as zoom, it just looks different. I like the mix of some weapon have ads and some have full screen zoom, just take away the accuracy increase. I'd say take away ads all together on automatic weapons though.
Idk about Spartan Abilities but what I want is Halo: Reach's Armor Abilities. I love them soooo much!
Yes because is more realistic and dynamic game. Only needs a better campaing than Halo 5
I think maybe remove Spartan charge, the rest can stay.
I want the armor abilities from Reach, but keep ground pound.
I voted for "don't really mind..." as it was the closest thing to a middle option. I don't mind them at all for campaign because they make you feel more like a Spartan should from the lore. But I can see the arguments from the multiplayer side that they mess with the formula and make it feel not like Halo. At the very least, for those folks, I don't understand why it would be so hard to give them a classic playlist with SA's turned off.
Spartan Charge can go, for all I care. I hate it.
If they can keep the rest of the Spartan Abilities while still allowing for a more casual environment, rather than a hyper-competitive one,I'd be fine with it. I don't have a problem with competitive play, but it's nice to take a break from that, and Halo 5 doesn't let you do that, for the most part.
Remove Spartan Charge keep the rest.
Or at least nerf it.
I voted for "don't really mind..." as it was the closest thing to a middle option. I don't mind them at all for campaign because they make you feel more like a Spartan should from the lore. But I can see the arguments from the multiplayer side that they mess with the formula and make it feel not like Halo. At the very least, for those folks, I don't understand why it would be so hard to give them a classic playlist with SA's turned off.
For those who hate Spartan Abilities, a classic playlist wouldn't "fix" the Spartan Ability "problem," as they see it. If a future Halo game was released without Spartan Abilities in standard play, but with a playlist or two with SAs on and called them "evolved" playlists, it would be just as unfair to those who love SAs as a classic playlist or two in H5 would be to those who hate SAs.
343i's problem may well be that adding a playlist that drastically changes the gameplay in such a way that a classic playlist does would be to throw away everything that makes H5 unique. I am not 343i, so I can't say for sure, but this is a likely scenario.
That being said, I'd play a classic playlist. It'd be a nice trip down memory lane, and it'd offer more variety to the current playlist choice. It would have no detrimental effect on the gameplay. The original H5 experience would still be available for play, and a classic playlist with no SAs, assassinations disabled, 25m radars, and AR/Magnum starts could be a fun change of pace, especially if a BTB playlist was available.
The result is quite surprising.
Well on the topic of slow or fast paced. The industry is definatly leaning towards fast paced. But the only thing I want removed in 6 is spartan charge. Everything else should stay.
The Dnend Legion
they need work
You know maybe you should be able to switch out a couple armor abilities for thruster? I always wanted to just drop a drop shield in the middle of battle again like I used to
Sprint is the only bad one.

And Spartan charge, but that's an easy omission once sprint is gone.

A high BMS halo game with no sprint that keeps thrust, slide, mantle and GP would be amazing.
How would slide be possible without sprint?
Sprint is the only bad one.

And Spartan charge, but that's an easy omission once sprint is gone.

A high BMS halo game with no sprint that keeps thrust, slide, mantle and GP would be amazing.
oh my god WHY DOES EVERYONE LIKE THRUST?! its the most game breaking abusive ability in the game...idk if halo 6 has thruster pack i really dont think i could play halo anymore
HYv47 wrote:
Well on the topic of slow or fast paced. The industry is definatly leaning towards fast paced. But the only thing I want removed in 6 is spartan charge. Everything else should stay.
The Dnend Legion
gimmicky abilities dont make a game fast paced....having just base speed( maybe a little sped up) would create smooth constant flow that would actually increase the games pace
lLockout wrote:
I think 343 should scrap everything except thruster pack, clamber, and maybe ground pound, then buff the movement speed up to Halo 2 levels or higher. Slide is pretty much useless in its current state due to the many alternatives to using it. I don't use clamber outside of Warzone,
You... you don't use clamber outside of Warzone?.... and slide is useless? I... I don't even know what to say this. And I'm not flaming or trying to be mean, I'm really just amazed/confused as to how you go about playing a typical game of arena.
I've played a good deal of arena in the past, and almost nobody used slide. In fact, I only usually do it when going to warzone req terminals for fun. Clamber, though, is a bit more common.
Alvaruk0 wrote:
Yes because is more realistic and dynamic game. Only needs a better campaing than Halo 5
this will be the argument for wall running..just watch
I like how in reach it made evryone unique and this one its annoying tbh.
Stabilizer is the only ability, I think, 343 implemented well. Ability to stabilize without zooming/aiming would be an improvement for Halo 6.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 19