Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Should the pistol be nerft?

OP KHAN PIGGY

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Do you think the pistol should out rank the AR?

Poll Ended

I've been playing this game long enough to realize that the pistol out ranks the AR too heavily on range and precision and its kill time, why did 343 do this? I hope 343 sees this and take it into consideration on fixing it or not.
I've noticed this sorta thing also.
Same like the pistol has always been "decent" in all the other halos except 1 because it's a side arm and the AR is supposed to be your primary so why idk why they don't nerf the gun
KHAN PIGGY wrote:
Same like the pistol has always been "decent" in all the other halos except 1 because it's a side arm and the AR is supposed to be your primary so why idk why they don't nerf the gun
exactly plus its seems finally useful and not just in campaign but MP. its a DMR that is a magnum without a scope with a slightly smaller clip.
NO WAY!
No, are u crazy?
its finally useful in MP as side arm other than the plasma pistol.
I like how it is but it shouldnt take the same amount of shots as the br to kill
It may only be a sidearm, but it shouldn't be a piece of junk. Every weapon should be able to hold their own.
The pistol is the utility weapon of arena. It's interaction with the AR is fine, it doesn't need to be nerfed.
I like how it is but it shouldnt take the same amount of shots as the br to kill
it takes 5 including head with magnum and dmr
KHAN PIGGY wrote:
I've been playing this game long enough to realize that the pistol out ranks the AR too heavily on range and precision and its kill time, why did 343 do this? I hope 343 sees this and take it into consideration on fixing it or not.
No it's perfect.
I find myself screaming at my tv "How the hell did this guy kill me with a pistol if I have an AR" waaaaay to much lol
KHAN PIGGY wrote:
exactly plus its seems finally useful and not just in campaign but MP. its a DMR that is a magnum without a scope with a slightly smaller clip.
Exactly and it shouldn't be that at all it needs to be a side arm not a primary
I find myself screaming at my tv "How the hell did this guy kill me with a pistol if I have an AR" waaaaay to much lol
I feel your pain
KHAN PIGGY wrote:
No it's perfect.
Ok why?
Nope ._.
NO. If anything, the AR should be buffed. EVERYTHING outranks the AR but the other guns each have a strength to be played to. AR occasionally comes in handy in close quarters but as you say, pistol can wipe you out. Boltshots and suppressors both home in on targets so it they can be utilized against sprinting targets, Light rifle, DMR, BR and carbine obviously have their own unique advantage but the AR kinda sucks...
AR is always first to get swapped out. Always.
AR should do this, Pistol shouldn't do that. Nerf, buff, nerf, buff, nerf... ENOUGH!
Halo 5 is the best balanced Halo game out of the gate, to date. Learn which gun to use in any given situation. Stop sidelining the Pistol as a sidearm, that's Halo4 terminology, it's a high calibre firearm for crying out loud. Get with the times!
It shouldn't be outgunning me with an AR at close range
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2