Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Sniper Rifle or Shotgun?

OP Halo Spartan092

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
It depends on what map I'm on. If on a big map like Valhalla, I'll prefer the sniper, but if I'm on a map like Wizard, I'd prefer the shotgun.
I do prefer the shotgun in general though. I am better with it and I feel that it's more satisfying to get kills as it's really close combat and sounds really mean.
Shotgun. I couldn't hit anything with a sniper, but put me in close range and I could demolish the entire team.
The thing is that pretty much everyone can use a shotgun. Once you get to the point where you can snapshot anyone at almost any range and get a headshot the shotgun becomes obsolete. Why do you think a majority of the slayer maps have a sniper rifle and only one has the shotty?
I would have to go with the sniper
In the maps OP mentioned, I'd choose a Shotgun. But let me make it clear that it definitely changes from map to map. Generally, I prefer the Shotgun in 4v4 Arena, but in 8v8 and 12v12, I'd take a Sniper.
is the ground wide open or in the jungle.if ni a jungle the a shotgun is preffered
In the maps OP mentioned, I'd choose a Shotgun. But let me make it clear that it definitely changes from map to map. Generally, I prefer the Shotgun in 4v4 Arena, but in 8v8 and 12v12, I'd take a Sniper.
yes I see your reasoning you can tell were the enemy is by the death of your teammates and not have to un-scope and looking around worrying of a surprise attack as much.
is the ground wide open or in the jungle.if ni a jungle the a shotgun is preffered
The map would be coliseum from halo 5. I cant explain it but, its the perfect map for both, you'd have to play on the map to know what I mean.
I would have to choose sniper, snipers are life
Shotgun, I like cqc as you’re not cowering behind a rock with an unlimited range one hit death cannon fearing every little sound
Does anything truly beat camping with a shotgun?
Shotgun, I like cqc as you’re not cowering behind a rock with an unlimited range one hit death cannon fearing every little sound
I get it not everyone can snipe, and before I could I was you, but now honestly a sniper rifle dominates shot guns any day of the week because of the range. unless your sneaky ; ) but so are snipers so the domination really depends on the experience behind the weapon.
I get it not everyone can snipe, and before I could I was you, but now honestly a sniper rifle dominates shot guns any day of the week because of the range. unless your sneaky ; ) but so are snipers so the domination really depends on the experience behind the weapon.
Until you realize your target is a hologram and the real target is camping right behind you with the shotgun. BOOM!
I can use one but I don’t like the cowardly nature of it. (Nornfang doesn’t count btw) What’s the point killing someone who can’t fight back? Although it is the better weapon, all you have to do is hide and wait till someone far away from you (who’s probably unaware of you) to walk into your fov. While with a shotgun they can still fight back. Playing aggressive is much more fun than hiding behind a rock one hitting people from across the map.
I can use one but I don’t like the cowardly nature of it. (Nornfang doesn’t count btw) What’s the point killing someone who can’t fight back? Although it is the better weapon, all you have to do is hide and wait till someone far away from you (who’s probably unaware of you) to walk into your fov. While with a shotgun they can still fight back. Playing aggressive is much more fun than hiding behind a rock one hitting people from across the map.
like the honesty, I use nornfang for kicks whaen I can, but I like arrow of time because it has an extended clip and faster ROF.
Until you realize your target is a hologram and the real target is camping right behind you with the shotgun. BOOM!
I don't.... just no
Sarge: Son. You can insult me, you can ambush me, you can even take away my weapons. But if you think I’m going to set one single pinky toe inside Blue Base without my “Shotgun”, you must not know who you’re dealing with.

Washington: I said move.

Sarge: And I said “SHOTGUN”.

Washington: Yes… I have your shotgun.

Sarge: No, I mean, “Shotgun”.

Washington: What is this? You think I’m going to give you back your shotgun because you asked?

Sarge: I said “SHOTGUN”! Faces the wall “SHOTGUN”, damn it!

Grif:(From behind the wall) Oh, yeah! Shotgun. That’s my cue.

Spoiler:
Show
Cowardly nature, killing someone who can't fight back? first of all the only time I have killed someone with a sniper and they couldn't fight back was when I first started the game. Only in lower ranked games you can camp in one spot picking people off from across the map.
Cowardly nature, killing someone who can't fight back? first of all the only time I have killed someone with a sniper and they couldn't fight back was when I first started the game. Only in lower ranked games you can camp in one spot picking people off from across the map.
I'll finish it: second of Norn fang does to totally count, it can be a game changer, and its a Legendary req so it only comes into play in warzone like never and I get it maybe once a week in super fiesta if I'm playing every day, so it spawns in so little of the time it should count, I mean its Linda's freaking sniper rifle. and yes there is one weakness to both the shot gun and sniper rifle, even if its Norn fang or Oathswarn: its a little something called an incineration cannon. plus the pleaser of out sniping a user with Norn fang is just so satisfying. You'll understand when, or if you try to become a sniper. To tell you the truth a shot gun is a good second weapon with a sniper rifle, and the both of them together make a deadly duo.
Shotty
Sniper, if your good with a snipe then you can no scope close range and you won’t need a shotgun.
Hmm I guess it depends on the map but for the most part I will normally take a sniper.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3