Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Social Playlist Poll

OP Like 30 Pirates

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Yeah I think they shoulda kept shotty snipers in. I also think they should keep doubles in since we know that's gonna win this week (it's dominating the other two) and just add one playlist a week. Or at least have something like team action sack where it's a bunch of modes in one playlist. Oh also team snipers would be pretty fun because of shotty snipers I got pretty decent with a sniper.
Halo 5's Arena and Warzone don't fit the bill for those who just want to unwind, relax, and play causally. Not to overlook Halo 5's total lack of fun and wacky game types that many enjoy too.
thebryon wrote:
Yes please social playlists!!!!
This is how I would like to see the playlists.
Social slayer 5v5,
Social multi team 2v2v2v2v2v2,
Social living dead,
Social btb 8v8
Community maps then added into other playlists.
Ranked
FFA 6 players
Team Slayer 4v4
Team Doubles 2v2
Team Objective 4v4
Swat 4v4
Team Snipers 4v4,
Weekend Social double exp: Grifball, Shotty Snipes, Fiesta Slayer, Action Sack ect..
I like this setup. But maybe a social objective with oddball and koth in addition to CTF and strongholds. Maybe bump infected to weekend playlists so that the population isn't spread too thin. agree with the FFA of 6, although not social slayer of 5v5. But it'd be better than nothing!
Games too serious atm, need to kick back, relax and play some PVE, thank goodness for Reach coming out on thursday for BC.
I don't think Reach is going to be in the first wave of BC games. As much as I hate that game I kind of feel sorry for you if that's the case lol.
I heard that BTB is going to be a ranked playlist. I'm concerned that 343 thinks that Warzone will be enough to satisfy casual players.
I also think Social should have JIP (Join In Play) for the people who drop or quit. Maybe limit it to 2 JIP's per match unless its BTB.
thebryon wrote:
Social slayer 5v5,
Social living dead,
Social btb 8v8
Ranked
FFA 6 players
Team Slayer 4v4
Team Doubles 2v2
Team Objective 4v4
Swat 4v4
Team Snipers 4v4,
Weekend Social double exp: Grifball, Shotty Snipes, Fiesta Slayer, Action Sack ect..
Very good recommendations. I used to love Multi-team although I think it was 3V3V3V3 but I am not positive.
Are you lowering FFA from 8 to 6 to combat the spawn issues?
Obviously yes.

Should be like

Ranked
Arena
TS
FFA
Breakout
SWAT
BTB

Social
5v5 Social Slayer
Team Objective
Action sack
thebryon wrote:
Social slayer 5v5,
Social living dead,
Social btb 8v8
Ranked
FFA 6 players
Team Slayer 4v4
Team Doubles 2v2
Team Objective 4v4
Swat 4v4
Team Snipers 4v4,
Uh... What about Big Team Slayer? One who wants to relax can do it there, you always need defenders. Grab a Dmr and a BR and shoot anything that moves.
Tryhards will follow you into the social playlist. Meanwhile, the population counts of both playlists will be split, leading to fewer balanced games.

The problem isn't a social playlist. The problem is too-lethal midrange weapons. Will the pistol be less of a pocket DMR in a social playlist? Accurate players will still make everyone miserable. Halo 3 had a sandbox that sometimes required two weapons to kill. Halo 5 has every weapon being "useful" which for a social player means every weapon can kill you fast, even the AR from midrange. Sure, get a social playlist and see what happens. It's the weapons.
I'd love some action sack right about now...
Having a few social playlist would be nice, but I think it should change weekly. This whole idea of adding a playlist during the weekend is great, and I wonder how it would be if it were implemented into weekly social playlist.
thebryon wrote:
Social slayer 5v5,
Social living dead,
Social btb 8v8
Ranked
FFA 6 players
Team Slayer 4v4
Team Doubles 2v2
Team Objective 4v4
Swat 4v4
Team Snipers 4v4,
Very good recommendations. I used to love Multi-team although I think it was 3V3V3V3 but I am not positive.
Are you lowering FFA from 8 to 6 to combat the spawn issues?
yeah the maps are too small for 8.
BLUESTAR45 wrote:
thebryon wrote:
Social slayer 5v5,
Social living dead,
Social btb 8v8
Ranked
FFA 6 players
Team Slayer 4v4
Team Doubles 2v2
Team Objective 4v4
Swat 4v4
Team Snipers 4v4,
Uh... What about Big Team Slayer? One who wants to relax can do it there, you always need defenders. Grab a Dmr and a BR and shoot anything that moves.
i have big team battle it is the one after living dead btb.
Yes it's way too competitive at the moment.
It should have casual and competitive, something for everyone
thebryon wrote:
Social slayer 5v5,
Social living dead,
Social btb 8v8
Ranked
FFA 6 players
Team Slayer 4v4
Team Doubles 2v2
Team Objective 4v4
Swat 4v4
Team Snipers 4v4,
I would be so happy with at least half of these.
i know its still early but i hope they add more games and maps
yes.
I"m not sure "social playlist" would make much of a difference. I'm by no means a pro player and I'm still having tons of fun playing. You can still casually play with the system in place now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3