Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Social Space in Halo 6? Yay or Nay?

OP Fiddy Nic

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Why are you encouraging 343 to steal ideas from other games yet again?
Why are you encouraging 343 to steal ideas from other games yet again?
I mean, that's how the industry works. Someone has an idea, if it's popular then everyone does it. Same with books. Movies. Comics. YouTube. Pottery. Bars. Computers (look at all that RGB). Consoles. Food. Every industry really. Marvel wasn't the first to do superheros and look at them now, a majority of young people would think Avengers before Justice League despite the fact Justice League was first. They just need to get the good ideas and make them work with their main primary idea, Halo.

OT: No. I don't see the point of a social space in a Halo game, and frankly I find them irritating long ways to navigate menus. They aren't even that social in the first place, nobody talks outside some random meetings with emote and maybe an easter egg here and there. You just have to walk very very far to a digital vendor as opposed to using an easily accessible GUI. I swear half my time in Destiny is pointlessly walking to the Cryptarch to open loot which, once again, could easily be done in a menu with a pretty animation.
It would be cool,but it would have too many disadvantages.
Instead of a social space let’s have a map based on the Infinity where we can play. I honestly hate social spaces in games. They’re literally just walkable menus and make better sense in rpgs
Maybe something like Destiny's tower. It might work.
It would be cool, but I'd much rather that development time be used on making the gameplay better in any way possible. I'd trade a social space for one good extra multiplayer map personally. :o

The only way I'd really like a social space is if there are a lot of challenge-based unlocks in Halo 6, then we'd have a place to show 'em off!
If it's just a place to see my spartan in all his loot crate gear though, no thanks.
No online game is quite enjoyable without a social space. I say there should be one and also be optional.
Only if they don't waste time on this instead of the main game
Let's not pull a COD WWII and copy Destiny shall we?
i think it would depend on how they approach it, they could make it good but it is expensive and could go completely sideways
I think Itd be cool it’s a good idea but I don’t want something like destiny
Better if armor was actually worth somthing.
I'm fine with it as long as I'm not required to go to it
A social space would definitely work in a game like this, where you get to walk around the Infinity and such. Imagine how awesome it would be to meet Buck and hold a conversation with him as yourself.
Honestly i don't like the idea of see 20 or 30 spartans running or jumping from one side to another like little kids or just staying stand up without nothing else to do like in destiny, they should remain faithful to the halo style.
I think it would be really cool to have a social space on the infinity, but I also don't think it's likely
Social spaces dont belong in halo. Killing machines dont care how your day was or what the latest gossip/rumors are.
I think something of that sort would be cool. But 343 would have to be careful with it as it could turn out bad and just be some silly thing that doesn't belong.
Define Social Space please?! :)
I do like social spaces in games, but I don't think it works for Halo. For one, social spaces would require players to have Xbox Live not just to get into them, but to play Halo in the first place. Halo has always been a game to play offline as well as online, and this would prevent that. Also it's just not Halo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3