1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Spartan Augmentation

Bones
Spartan II & IV
Carbide Ceramic Ossification - Advanced material grafting onto skeletal structures to make bones virtually unbreakable. Recommended coverage not to exceed 3% total bone mass because of significant white blood cell necrosis.

Muscles
Spartan II - Muscular Enhancement Injections - Protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time.
Spartan IV - Muscular Enhancement Lining - Compound applied to the exterior surface of all muscles, allowing them work harder without tearing the Spartan's skeleton apart.

Eyes
Spartan II - Occipital Capillary Reversal - Submergence and boosted blood vessel flow beneath the rods and cones of the subject's retina. Produces a marked visual perception increase.
Spartan IV - Corneal Implants - Boosted perception and massively increased night vision

Spartan II ONLY
Growth
Catalytic Thyroid Implant - Platinum pellet containing human growth hormone catalyst is implanted in the thyroid to boost growth of skeletal and muscle tissues.

Nervous System
Superconducting Fibrification of Neural Dendrites - Alteration of bioeletrical nerve transduction to shielded electronic transduction. 300% increase in subject reflexes. Anecdotal evidence of marked increase in intelligence, memory, and creativity.

Spartan IV ONLY
Lungs
Pulmonary Polymer Lining - Greatly increases oxygen intake and retention, helps process toxins from the air and allows SPARTANs to breathe certain non-oxygen atmospheres for up to an hour.

Heart
Cardiac Implants - Strengthens cardio-vascular tissue and increases maximum heartrate to safely allow massive adrenaline flow without the risk of stroke or heart attack. These implants supposedly are able to allow an unarmored SPARTAN-IV to run at a maximum speed of almost 40 miles (64 km) per hour.

Nutrition
Artificial Pancreas Implant - Allows the SPARTAN's body to extract the maximum amount of nutrients and carbohydrates from food with minimal waste.

Healing
Artificial Platelet Injections - Enhances the body's ability to slow bleeding and clot wounds.

MAJOR DIFFERENCE
AGE & EXPERIANCE
John
Born in 2511
It was stated by Mendez that as Spartans grew older, they only grew stronger and faster as their bodies grew accustomed to their augmentations. (These augmentations were done at 14. John is now 47... that's a lot of growing especially with the Thyroid implants.
Started Training at 6 in the year 2517... 41 Years of experience.

Locke
Was born in the year 2529... (Chief had been training for 12 years an already undergone augmentation 4 years prior and was 18 by this time)
Started training at (N/A)... but through the process of elimination and saying he enlisted at 18 it would be year 2547...
(Chief had been in service for 30 years and was 36 also he had been augmented at 14 [22 years prior] so he most likely would have been grown to his full potential size and would have been well accustomed and adapted to the augmentations by this time).
Lock didn't become a Spartan-IV until after the events of Nightfall (2556) but just before Halo 5 (2558)
So we will give him the benefit of the doubt and say 2557 giving him less then ONE year to adjust to these augmentations.

Locke age 29 @ 11 years in service (if joined at 18) and one year or less removed from augmentation period.
John age 47 @ 41 years in service and 33 years removed from augmentation period that made him grow stronger bigger and faster over time. (avg. human males can grow slowly all the way up to 25...John is not normal and has increased growth rates.)

No Armor
Physically they are both 6'10" (apparently weird honestly John should be taller)
John is 290 lbs
Lock is 260 lbs

Armor
Both Spartans wear MJOLNIR GEN2 Powered Assault Armor. (yes chief wears it in Halo 4 as well making him more used to said armor as well.)
Master Chief with an arm bondaged behind the back. Sorry Jameson no way
Who is Locke and why do I play him more than Master Chief in campaign? If I never played as Locke in Halo 6, I would be sooo happy
John all the way
I got from this that 7% are idiots
Master chief all the way
Master Chef would cook the fool.
can't beat a legend with this much field experience.
I mean they fought in game, and seeing as that Chief literally won....
Chief beat him once, and he will not only again, but everytime.
John! Easy.
John! John! John!
Chief :) even though I am coming to love Locke as well
Chief ALL THE WAY
Have to side with the Chief!
I think during the fight, even Locke knew he was no match for Chief. Seeing as how he pulled a gun out on him at the end.
Also, Lol.
It is a core belief in the Halo fanbase that John-117 cannot be beaten. Once you take that away, what is left of the Halo universe?
Chief all the way, bro. w/h out a doubt....
But nobody can win because 'spartans never die'
No doubt that Chief crushes Locke every single time. There should be no doubt of this, Chief is proven time and time again and Locke is a pretty boy in nice armor.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3