Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Spartans Should Not Have Ground Pound.

OP MorpheusNoble

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Allow ground pound to appear in Halo Wars 2?

Poll Ended

This is simply a poll to express opinion on how there is the ground pound ability in Halo Wars 2.
My personal opinion is that including this ability breaks the canon a little in saying that the Spartans have had thrusters since the beginning. Which is false. Spartans have not always had the thrusters, they were added into Mjolnir Armor systems at gen 2 (or since halo 5 has included them).
For the sake of the canon I believe that no ground pound would be better off. Another ability can replace it as long as it fits canonically.
Perhaps in the story the Spartan IIs get upgrades to their armor from any UNSC bases on The Ark, That's the only thing I can think of that will make things canon.
No
Nah, thrusters have been around since the Spartan IIs were in training dude, that predates h5 by quite a bit and even some of the books mention them. I'm amazed you'd want something removed simply cuz of lore reasons rather than if it breaks the game or not.
So because something goes against canon slightly (in the interests of gameplay) you think it shouldn't be in the game?
I like it and I don't see all the hate about ground pound if they remove that they may as well give him spartan charge if they remove that
Spartans did have armor abilities. Why not. they should be able to do it without augmentations. Let them have it
No since they wear older armor.
I don't like the concept of ground pound in general so yeah I don't like it. Spartan can already hijack things
Who cares? It's not even that powerful.
The lore has been inconsistent before... I'm not worried about it.

Retcon. Retcon everything.
I think they should leave it there, since it balances out with the brute's hammer and that's fun for the game itself.
Since you upgrade during the game, they could add up to how they use any kind of tech, really, just to upgrade the Mjolnir 2 with a rudimentary version of it.
Thrusters have been retconned in for Fall of Reach animation.
iNocturne wrote:
meh, I'm not too bothered by it. they should be able to do so. Theyre able to jump high enough for this stuff, look at Halo Legends, some of Escalation. Who says they shouldnt have the ability? you know the Mjiolnr armor is self-upgrading so it will equip the newest software and rebuild itself with new hardware. Think of Halo 4, that's the lore reason to why cheif's armor is different and why he can use armor abilities. however, the powers were only in full use before the end of Halo Reach... hmm. this lore is confusing.
nah..
I think it's stupid
Its just a gamplay thing
No due to their armor being older and doubt red team would not think of doing that,
iNocturne wrote:
meh, I'm not too bothered by it. they should be able to do so. Theyre able to jump high enough for this stuff, look at Halo Legends, some of Escalation. Who says they shouldnt have the ability? you know the Mjiolnr armor is self-upgrading so it will equip the newest software and rebuild itself with new hardware. Think of Halo 4, that's the lore reason to why cheif's armor is different and why he can use armor abilities. however, the powers were only in full use before the end of Halo Reach... hmm. this lore is confusing.
This is Halo Wars not a FPS that doesn't understand its own lore that was given to them(343) and by that its a strategy game namely RTS. It wouldn't make sense for a spartan to use thrusters because it would be the commander doing those commands and this game is not based on rushing there would be no point to the the rest of the game mechanics given.

Plus Halo 4 is a bad example to use because that's based on the idea of 343s image of Halo not what was given beforehand. It wasn't self upgraded cortana was plot deviced to "upgrade" Chiefs armor when in Halo CE to 2 he was clearly given a new suit because it was outdated by then.
No, Ground Pound should not be in HW2. Ground pound wasn't in any of the other Halo games (CE, H2, H3, or H4) it was only added in recently in Halo 5. If you want Ground Pound to be in HW2 then you might as well ask 343i to remake the previous Halo games and add in it other then that. No to ground pound.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2