Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Split screen for MCC / Infinite on PC

OP Terg500

Do you want split screen in Halo PC games?

Make Your Selection:

But I would love to see a poll on how many people would use split screen. I think it would surprise most people that think PC split-screen is niche. PC is just another console to us folks these days, and I like to play my consoles with my friends...
Inspired by this comment by Sirownsalot21 and because I haven't seen this poll on Waypoint yet. Would you want the option to play via split screen with your friends and family for MCC / Infinite on PC?
I've played console Halo for forever. If the question is would I use splitscreen on my PC probably not just because I would do it on my Xbox. It would be a nice thought tho to implement for PC, although most people would just LAN party probs.
I miss splitscreen, it's fair to say. But, here's the thing.

I don't play splitscreen anymore because I don't have to. I actually prefer to see more of the game on a larger screen without being confined to the top half or bottom half of it. Doesn't feel like I'm enveloped.
I honestly don't care if they bring splitscreen back, because I'm older now and don't have my buddies come over every night to play Halo.
Consoles were made for groups of players, so I understand the desire for it to come back on xbox. But PC's are REALLY not made for that. Sure, it's doable, but it's not the point of PC gaming.

So I voted no here, simply because PC gaming is more meant for a single player on the machine at a time, playing with many others doing the same thing.
I think they should put splitscreen in. I agree that I no longer have buddies coming over every night to play Halo, but that doesn't mean that the new generation of players wont have that. I used to host 48 hr game nights in my basement, we sometimes had 20 guys playing everything from Halo CE campaign on old Xbox's that we found at the thrift store, to guys playing Reach for the first time. It was awesome, and I'll never forget those nights, in fact I'd love to get another one started, but that will probably never happen again in my friend group XD.
It's been at least 10 years since I've played split-screen and I don't think I will again, but I'll find it disappointing if it's never added.
This might be doused with nostalgia but the experiences I had with split-screen are some of the few that I still remember a decade later. Newcomers should get to experience Halo as it was back in its heyday, or as close to that as possible.
Additionally, split-screen is still quite popular for parties, family and close friends who want to play together without having to invest in a bunch of hardware. At the end of the day the two platforms aren't that different, so a PC hooked up to the sitting room TV is neither unusual nor rare.
xAlchemist wrote:
I miss splitscreen, it's fair to say. But, here's the thing.

I don't play splitscreen anymore because I don't have to. I actually prefer to see more of the game on a larger screen without being confined to the top half or bottom half of it. Doesn't feel like I'm enveloped.
I honestly don't care if they bring splitscreen back, because I'm older now and don't have my buddies come over every night to play Halo.
Consoles were made for groups of players, so I understand the desire for it to come back on xbox. But PC's are REALLY not made for that. Sure, it's doable, but it's not the point of PC gaming.

So I voted no here, simply because PC gaming is more meant for a single player on the machine at a time, playing with many others doing the same thing.
Well said mate I agree with what you've said completely! It's a good thought but PC just isn't really made for that.
How would split-screen work on PC?
Lol why is "no" even an option?
That would be nice but it would be quite hard to play split screen on pc when you're playing.
AMA4N wrote:
That would be nice but it would be quite hard to play split screen on pc when you're playing.
Two controllers and a 50 inch monitor connected... no it wouldn't. My brother and I have played many games this way (mostly old retro games) just like we would on a console.
I can see why people may want split screen but the majority of people who have PC's don't have a screen/monitor even big enough to enjoy halo for split screen. some people son't even have a big enough T.V. to enjoy the full split screen experience on a console
Spiltscrean should always be in halo. You wonder how Halo CE, 2, and 3 was so popular with some of the more causal crowd
Sure, why not?
Yes!!!