OP EchoLoco2

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I’m sort of ambivalent on the subject, but for the sake of argument, how would they explain removing it from a lore perspective?
I’m sort of ambivalent on the subject, but for the sake of argument, how would they explain removing it from a lore perspective?
The Spartans ate too many moa burgers and became too fat and obese to sprint.
It shouldn't exist. It drastically changes too much of the Halo formula's success.
I honestly don't mind sprint, but I think Halo is more fun without it. Infinite should raise the base movement speed and leave sprint out, in my opinion, but I'll be happy either way.
I prefer halo 3 no sprint... Halo 3 beSt gAem evur.

Whatever halo infinite is...it better be amazing
If the inclusion of sprint is mandatory (uggh), then I only want Reach's sprint. That sprint was insanely fast compared to regular movement. Because in Halo 5 sprinting feels so slow due to the larger maps which were designed for having sprint. In other words, rather have no sprint as basic player trait.
I would prefer no sprint but I won't be that disappointed if there will be sprint.

As far as what I think they'll do is the H5 style. Unlimited sprint, slow down when you're shot.

What I would like to see then try is what Apex did. Holster your weapons to sprint and you have to clock your weapon when you stop. That would add more risk.
RPG445 wrote:
I’d take it out of Campaign and matchmaking but keep it as an option for custom games and forge
This is the best Idea I've seen so far, it appeals to both sides of the argument.
I think the important thing for matchmaking games is the whole "fair start" argument, so for me playing online if everyone can sprint and have enhanced mobility, I like it. Also, for campaign and any other in universe modes I really like seeing Spartans having greater mobility. In the books the Spartans are able to sprint, roll, climb, and slide to get to their target. So I really liked being able to do some of these things in game. I know this is more of a matchmaking discussion but I just wanted to say that, cause I'm way too deep in the books.
I would prefer a balance between Reach and Halo 5's sprint. I didn't like that you had to have an armor ability to sprint in Reach, but I don't like that sprinting in Halo 5 is infinite. I would prefer a balance between lore and gameplay, where Spartans can sprint, but not indefinitely. I'm personally a bigger fan of the slower combat pacing of Bungie Halo, but not as a negative critique to 343, just as my own preference.

*But that's the problem. Story and immersion take precedent over gameplay for me, so because of their Mjolnir, it makes sense for sprinting to be fast. I like the gameplay style being supported canonically, but I'm a very groggy person so all that fast-paced action wears me out. I don't know whether to give in to my adherence to the looooooooooorrrree or my laziness. But probably the best compromise is to make Spartan's sprinting fast, but limited (which I think is usually the canonical description?).
I'd prefer no sprint, like back in the Trilogy/ODST-era.
Willko wrote:
Sprint in Halo: Infinite = I do not buy Halo: Infinite
Agreed
Honestly, the nostalgia of not sprinting is the only reason I want to keep it out of newer games. With sprinting the games are a lot faster paced and the maps become less 2 dimensional. It just makes sense to have sprinting apart of the new games.
No sprinting.
No sprint. Theres a few SA’s i like or feel neutral on like pound and hover but sprint just does not jive with halos gameplay and no amount of fixes (like tieing it to shields) while they may mitigate some of the issue are gona change the fact that the game plays better without it. I have been playing h2a lately and the game is just way more fun when i can shoot all the time vs only when im not sprinting. The only concern id have with no sprint is if there is any large scale campaign or pve gamemodes (like wzff) but thats what vehicles and mancannons are for. If it wernt for the fact 343 got greedy and limited you by giving you burn cards instead of perm unlocks i could call in a mongoose or worthog whenever i needed it in wzff.
I think it should have a Sprint cooldown!
I split my answer into campaign and multiplayer:

When they go the specualted open world route I'd definitely like to have a sprint so I can move around the world faster when there are no vehicles around. And not a sprint that is barely faster and slower than the classic normal walking speed though like in H5 because then it would be pointless.

For multiplayer though I'd prefer not to have it for that fast arena gameplay.
No sprint. Please.
Honestly, the nostalgia of not sprinting is the only reason I want to keep it out of newer games. With sprinting the games are a lot faster paced and the maps become less 2 dimensional. It just makes sense to have sprinting apart of the new games.
its not nostalgia, sprinting is not just "you go faster". building a game around sprint literally breaks the game
game player mechanics should not be dictated by lore
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5