Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Steam or something else, Halo: Infinite? (PC)

OP FallenVFX

Steam or something else, Halo: Infinite? (PC)

Poll Ends

Make Your Selection:

Just to clarify, this is where you want them to put it. Not where you think it will be put. In addition, multiple platforms makes no sense from a business perspective.

I personally think it should be put on a stand alone platform like the Epic Games launcher or the Blizzard Entertainment launcher because they aren't that bad. In addition, we could get news and updates through the launcher so the in game menu can be nice and clean. The reason I don't recommend Steam is because Steam takes 30% of profits from game sales (less than most platforms) and I just don't think Microsoft has the ability to lose that much money when they could get 100% on their own platform.

Windows Store is gross and terrible and Forza is a train wreck on PC. Microsoft please let 343 do their thing.
Want it to be on Steam but it's Microsoft so it'll be the -Yoink- windows store
I'd like it if they put it on everything possible. The more people with access the better.
Personally I would like to see it everywhere possible. Some how I don't think that will happen though.
<p>i no buy, if this game no coming on steam, i want buy all GEARS and HALO on pc, but only if these are in the store of steam, i only buy games on steam. I have several friends who think the same, we only buy games that are in steam, I liked the saga battlefield and mass effect but as no more games of this type were released in steam I never bought any again..NIWDERED07 https://steamcommunity.com/id/NIWDERED07
as long as the game is good i dont care how i get it. haha
I don't really care where it's on tbh.
It's most likely the windows store but I wouldnt mind a new launcher
I can guarantee you one hundred and ten percent it will not be on Steam. If you've been watching the moves Microsoft has been making in the last few years it's blatantly clear to see they are attempting to push into the PC market.

A notable step is when crossplay was introduced and then later began stretching to other platforms. Then State of Decay 2 was only put on the Microsoft Store and not Steam. Not to mention mods for some games. That's just some of the big stuff either way it's pretty clear.

With the Xbox One pretty much being a crippled computer I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft was slowly planning to convert the Xbox into a pseudo computer/ console or standardized PC.

Granted Steam is the better platform. At some point Microsoft will need a total revamp of the Microsoft Store. Interface and total removal of all the dumpster fire app games for quality control.

While it is possible that it will have its own launcher like Bethesda's Fallout 76 cash grab. That seems unlikely, Microsoft would most likely utilize Halo Infinite to strengthen the Microsoft Store.

Reason for its own launcher being possible is that they don't pay Steam a cut of each sale. But thethe Microsoft Store would provide the same benefit pretty much guaranteeing that it'll be only on the Microsoft Store.
Steam or Microsoft store, or maybe even both. Halo Wars 1 definitive edition is on both.
I know they're most likely releasing it in the Windows store like they did with Halo Wars 2. And there's many reasons for that, from promoting the Windows store, to keeping 100% sales profit and etc. And I just ask that if they do that, please redesign the Windows store. The UI is garbage and the app itself is poorly designed and not clean. If they manage to make a clean and user friendly store then I'll have no problems buying it there.
Honestly rather have it still launch in the windows store because Halo is a Microsoft title.
I can guarantee you one hundred and ten percent it will not be on Steam. If you've been watching the moves Microsoft has been making in the last few years it's blatantly clear to see they are attempting to push into the PC market.

A notable step is when crossplay was introduced and then later began stretching to other platforms. Then State of Decay 2 was only put on the Microsoft Store and not Steam. Not to mention mods for some games. That's just some of the big stuff either way it's pretty clear.

With the Xbox One pretty much being a crippled computer I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft was slowly planning to convert the Xbox into a pseudo computer/ console or standardized PC.

Granted Steam is the better platform. At some point Microsoft will need a total revamp of the Microsoft Store. Interface and total removal of all the dumpster fire app games for quality control.

While it is possible that it will have its own launcher like Bethesda's Fallout 76 cash grab. That seems unlikely, Microsoft would most likely utilize Halo Infinite to strengthen the Microsoft Store.

Reason for its own launcher being possible is that they don't pay Steam a cut of each sale. But thethe Microsoft Store would provide the same benefit pretty much guaranteeing that it'll be only on the Microsoft Store.
There is a possibility it will go on steam because mcc is going on to steam. Also if mcc is sold well on steam they will probably put Infinite on steam as well as the microsoft store just like mcc.
Minhjy wrote:

There is a possibility it will go on steam because mcc is going on to steam. Also if mcc is sold well on steam they will probably put Infinite on steam as well as the microsoft store just like mcc.
This was posted way before mcc was announced on steam. Now we're not so sure. We're all pretty shocked that mcc is on steam but happy because its a step in the right direction.
The Master Chief Collection is already going to be on Steam, so I see no reason why they wouldn't put Halo Infinite on there too.
FallenVFX wrote:
I personally think it should be put on a stand alone platform like the Epic Games launcher or the Blizzard Entertainment launcher because they aren't that bad.
This hasn't aged well. Already had multiple login attempts before I decided to delete my account on that sorry excuse of a store. I'm really glad they went with Steam, the workshop alone to share Forge creations will be a great feature and that also means the game files won't be locked and encrypted behind that ridiculous UWP stuff on the MS store so it will be a paradise for modders like myself, especially if some kind of SDK will be released.
I would be happy for Steam, Windows/Xbox Game store and anything else. Although it seems unlikely one can still hope.
Terg500 wrote:
FallenVFX wrote:
I personally think it should be put on a stand alone platform like the Epic Games launcher or the Blizzard Entertainment launcher because they aren't that bad.
This hasn't aged well. Already had multiple login attempts before I decided to delete my account on that sorry excuse of a store. I'm really glad they went with Steam, the workshop alone to share Forge creations will be a great feature and that also means the game files won't be locked and encrypted behind that ridiculous UWP stuff on the MS store so it will be a paradise for modders like myself, especially if some kind of SDK will be released.
I agree. Epic games is a joke. What I was trying to get at was for it to be a standalone drm free game with a launcher. I wanted this because I thought there was no way it was gonna be steam. Now I'm hoping for steam.
agree with most people with steam but would like in on everything