Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Strongest Brutes

OP GohST7964

Witch game has the strongest Brutes

Poll Ended

Halo 2. They were actually a force to be reckoned with when they started raging.
vulture111 wrote:
Halo 2. They were actually a force to be reckoned with when they started raging.
Exactly! When those guy's started raging, they never stopped until they were killed.
Halo 2s brutes we're the most difficult because they weren't a finished character yet. Bungie wanted something fresh in the game, and added them late in the development process, and weren't able to thoroughly test the final product which became Brutes. That's why their so damn hard to kill because they weren't balanced.
halo 2
Halo 2, due to how insane legendary difficulty is overall!

EDIT: Damn, Halo 2 is wrecking the poll. I am not surprised, honestly...
Hated fighting those things in Halo 2
Glad to see everyone agrees that Halo 2 Brutes were the toughest
Halo 2, I hate them when I play on Legendary xD
halo 2, but i feel like almost everyone in this thread has watch this video, no, just me?
Fighting Tartarus on legendary was hell
Well you can bring the Spectre in and clone Johnson, so you have 4 of them triple shot Tartarus all the time while you shoot him with dual brute plasma rifles from the third floor, killing him within a minute or so. That makes the fight much easier.
However, I agree that fighting Tartarus normally is pure hell! Not to mention that if you die at any point you have to do the whole fight again, as there are no checkpoints in between! I did it once, and I am not going to do that again, not in the normal way, at least...
Overall the Halo 2 brutes, though there were some easy ones when you had a precision weapon like the ones without the helmet.
Though i have to mention Halo 3 Chieftain and its brief invincibility ability.
Halo 2 Brutes easily, even on Legendary when they go berserk they can give you a team rocket moment with one smack.
While Halo 2 brutes are bullet sponges with non-precision weapons, I find brutes in Halo 3 ODST are the most difficult. Firstly, the main ODST loadout of the SMG and pistol are not too useful for shields (smg takes 1 and 1/2 clips to take down shields on higher difficulties). Secondly the weapons that are useful like carbines, snipers, shotguns and rockets are relatively rare in the game (besides the weapon caches) so I have to use mediocre weapons alot.
Well you can bring the Spectre in and clone Johnson, so you have 4 of them triple shot Tartarus all the time while you shoot him with dual brute plasma rifles from the third floor, killing him within a minute or so. That makes the fight much easier.
However, I agree that fighting Tartarus normally is pure hell! Not to mention that if you die at any point you have to do the whole fight again, as there are no checkpoints in between! I did it once, and I am not going to do that again, not in the normal way, at least...
The Tartarus fight can be relatively easy on legendary, just let Johnson do a tiny bit of damage every salvo. Also just jumping around can eliminate Tartarus himself as a threat (hammer can't get close enough to hurt you) so the only concern are the brute reinforcements that occasionally come into the room. These brutes can be killed by your elite allies or by active camouflage + plasma grenades.
Halo 2 brutes of course! Especially when they start charging at you like alien gorillas and have an instakill melee.
The Tartarus fight can be relatively easy on legendary, just let Johnson do a tiny bit of damage every salvo. Also just jumping around can eliminate Tartarus himself as a threat (hammer can't get close enough to hurt you) so the only concern are the brute reinforcements that occasionally come into the room. These brutes can be killed by your elite allies or by active camouflage + plasma grenades.
Yes, I know. First time I did it on legendary I just waited for Johnson to triple shoot him to take his shield down, then proceed to shoot him myself,
When reinforcements came, I have backed out to Johnson, to pick them from the distance with the carabine. I have died many times trying to get through that fight!

Still, bringing the Spectre in, cloning Johnson and shoot Tartarus with dual brute plasma rifles is much easier and faster. And that's the way I do it now. Because screw the normal way, ok?
Halo 2 is the only Halo game I still have to complete on legendary by running it normally. I mean, without using out-of-map tricks, glitches, despawns, and camo over everything wherever I can.
Halo 2
I believe "Luke TheNotable" covered this
Yes, I know. First time I did it on legendary I just waited for Johnson to triple shoot him to take his shield down, then proceed to shoot him myself,
When reinforcements came, I have backed out to Johnson, to pick them from the distance with the carabine. I have died many times trying to get through that fight!

Still, bringing the Spectre in, cloning Johnson and shoot Tartarus with dual brute plasma rifles is much easier and faster. And that's the way I do it now. Because screw the normal way, ok?
Halo 2 is the only Halo game I still have to complete on legendary by running it normally. I mean, without using out-of-map tricks, glitches, despawns, and camo over everything wherever I can.
I don't have anything against using..... unconventional methods on legendary, whatever gets the job done.

I don't have anything against using..... unconventional methods on legendary, whatever gets the job done.
Agreed. Whatever gets the job done and whatever the player enjoys doing to get the job done, that's all the matters. If you're not being creative and staying inside the lines, you're doing it wrong.