Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Styles of Playable Elite

OP Abrams 165

If playable Elites were to be brought into Infinite, how would you like to see them done? Should it go back to the classic style of hunched-over hitboxes and trying to make the Spartans and Elites as equal as possible? Did you like Reach's more unique take with the taller Elites that had recharging health and improved accuracy with Plasma weapons along with some other features? Do you just think they shouldn't be done at all, and that playable Elites mess with Halo's balance in terms of hitboxes and other things?

MY OPINION: (Don't look until you've voted!)
Spoiler:
Show
I loved the Halo Reach version because it seemed more realistic.
I agree with the Halo Reach one. Made em feel like Aliens. Bring back that sleek design too, no more of that Clunky stuff.
I agree with the Halo Reach version. When the elites were available in Halo 2/3 and on equal footing, there were only 2 players per game who would use them due to the hit box
It felt unique with reach and still balanced
I liked the asymmetric of Elites from Spartans in Halo Reach. It was more than just a cosmetic change.
Reach Elites with customization.
Reach was the best because it doesn't have that annoying hit boxes like H3, especially when playing SWAT
Balanced with Spartans because I only want to play a match where everyone is equal and the only thing differentiating anyone is actual skill, that is the only way to have true multiplayer.
Abrams 165 wrote:
If playable Elites were to be brought into Infinite, how would you like to see them done? Should it go back to the classic style of hunched-over hitboxes and trying to make the Spartans and Elites as equal as possible? Did you like Reach's more unique take with the taller Elites that had recharging health and improved accuracy with Plasma weapons along with some other features? Do you just think they shouldn't be done at all, and that playable Elites mess with Halo's balance in terms of hitboxes and other things?

MY OPINION: (Don't look until you've voted!)
Spoiler:
Show
halo reach version. Gives an elite and advantage and a reason to play with them more.
<p></p>
While I really enjoy the ability to play as an Elite all the time (and do so in Halo 2 and 3), I think Reach's unique approach was the most fun take on it. I guess it makes the most sense in terms of balancing as well.
Halo reach for sure