Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

The Flood in Halo Infinite

OP HITMANSPARTAN40

Should The Flood be in the Halo Infinite campaign?

Poll Ends

Make Your Selection:

I would love to see the flood return in halo infinite.
Yes. With the covenant basically gone and the banished busy on the ark, we need another faction to fight besides prometheans. I'm getting sick of prometheans, they need a big upgrade and adding the flood will bring variety and contrast them very well.
I don’t see why they wouldn’t show up. Unless I’m forgetting something.
Atonith wrote:
I think it's just because we don't have any information on what exactly Infinite will be about. It's supposed to be on Installation 07, which tells me the Flood are going to have a presence. Not only is there a plethora of lore surrounding the Flood and Installation 07, but there's also the simple fact that we will be on a Halo Ring and the Flood has been stored on every Halo Ring encountered by humanity so far. But at this points, it's anyone's guess.
Yes. With the covenant basically gone and the banished busy on the ark, we need another faction to fight besides prometheans. I'm getting sick of prometheans, they need a big upgrade and adding the flood will bring variety and contrast them very well.
I also have grown tired of the Promethean enemies. The Flood is the entire reason why these games exist in the first place. The Halo Array wouldn't even have come into existence without them. The Flood's absence in Halo (except ATN) has called the validity of the series into question for me. Without the Flood, what's the point of the rings? So I really really hope they are coming back.
if they were to add the flood, it would just be another thing to shove into the story, instead of improving upon the prometheans. even though they are boring, with good writing, i could see them becoming an interesting part of the halo universe
if they were to add the flood, it would just be another thing to shove into the story, instead of improving upon the prometheans. even though they are boring, with good writing, i could see them becoming an interesting part of the halo universe
No, the Flood wouldn’t be just something else to add. If they are having campaign partially take place on Installation 07/Zeta Halo, you need the Flood to play some part of it, that was the primary reason the promeatheans were created, to fight the Flood. Halo needs that kind of contrast between the multiple factions.
Heck yes, I love fighting the Flood
Not much to say but yes I would like is as well
For the love of God please. All they have to do is keep them looking creepy and nasty with dismemberment. Bonus points for Halo CE amounts of blood (lots).
Very much so yes! I want to see every faction possible and that there might be one huge epic and iconic fight!
Hell yeah. Then we could have Flood centered Firefight maps!
they let us have them in hw2 it'd feel like a cop out if they weren't infinite but I don't really expect the flood to show up. would be nice though, and if introduced correctly (and there are a lot of ways to do that) it would help the story
definitely love to see the flood In a halo game have missed them.
It seems entirely possible, I mean, given their spotlight in Halo Wars 2 coupled with the fact that the flood literally took over the master chief collection not long ago. So I'd personally bet on it.
I wouldn’t be thrilled with the Flood reappearing, but the Prometheans do need a revamp. The crawlers don’t make sense when you have sentinels.
It would be cool to see them in infinite, and from all the news, it might just happen. Hopefully 343 can pull off a fun but menacing flood.
It would be cool to see them in infinite, and from all the news, it might just happen. Hopefully 343 can pull off a fun but menacing flood.
It’s been to long without flood.
Atonith wrote:
I think it's just because we don't have any information on what exactly Infinite will be about. It's supposed to be on Installation 07, which tells me the Flood are going to have a presence. Not only is there a plethora of lore surrounding the Flood and Installation 07, but there's also the simple fact that we will be on a Halo Ring and the Flood has been stored on every Halo Ring encountered by humanity so far. But at this points, it's anyone's guess.
I also have grown tired of the Promethean enemies. The Flood is the entire reason why these games exist in the first place. The Halo Array wouldn't even have come into existence without them. The Flood's absence in Halo (except ATN) has called the validity of the series into question for me. Without the Flood, what's the point of the rings? So I really really hope they are coming back.
How can you two be tired of prometheans? They’ve been here for only 2 games, 3 I guess if you want to count Spartan Strike.

But yes, I would love to see the Flood come back. And it is likely,
Spoiler:
Show