Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

The Flood in Halo Infinite

OP HITMANSPARTAN40

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The lore surrounding the Flood and the reason for there existence makes it a necessity to have them in Halo:Infinite. In order to make Halo 5 and Halo 4 make sense they need to loop in the Precursors, more specifically Primordial, and how they are using Gravemind and the Flood to enact there vengeance against the forerunner. There is still so much information that we don’t know about regarding the endgame plans of the Flood and it would be really interesting to see it all come together. Especially since now Cortana is in belief that human AI are supposed to be the Reclaimers and not actual humans. The Flood can make a real impact in Cortana’s plans.
Who said no? Jeez
They can return the flood I guess, but I just don't want them too, regardless if they are back or not. Idk. Just seem repetitive.
Imagine the level and cinematic of them being reintroduced!
Having just reread The Mona Lisa from Evolutions I have reminded myself what a terrifying enemy they are. So yes: bring back the Flood please
Yeah for sure! I really feel like they are long overdue
More flood, less prometheans haha
we need more flood, been too long
The flood just bring a refreshing mix up during gameplay. The very aggressive rush combat style the have really makes you play differently and makes the game feel more diverse in the weapons and vehicle sandbox.
Very much so yes! I want to see every faction possible and that there might be one huge epic and iconic fight!
the only faction i don't want to fight are the yonghed race that were a temporary race in the covenant before Halo CE. the only reason i wouldn't enjoy fighting them are their sad history and plus they would only be a grunt replacement lol.
Anything but Prometheans. So tired of them. I would love to see the flood return and remind us just how savage they can be!
Flood are terrifyingly fantastic, absolutely!
Very much so yes! I want to see every faction possible and that there might be one huge epic and iconic fight!
the only faction i don't want to fight are the yonghed race that were a temporary race in the covenant before Halo CE. the only reason i wouldn't enjoy fighting them are their sad history and plus they would only be a grunt replacement lol.
The Yonhet could be made into an interesting enemy IF they join the Created and get some fancy upgraded armor. But if they don't get any cool upgrades, then yeah they'd probably be a mix of jackals and grunts as far as gameplay goes.
100% yes!
Hopefully they are in infinite. Like the bit of horror/grimey vibe they have.
I think 343 Industries should go back to the roots of Hali. The Flood is the whole reason the Rings and Prometheans exist. I believe it is time to see them put to actual use besides lame plot points with no depth.
I entirely subscribe to cortana having the logic plague like medicant bias did way back in the flood-forerunner war. This would 'retcon' halo 5 but not really. It would add all of her actions up into a logical and coherent story and bring an "in" for the flood having purpose and a chance. Since there was a full on gravemind in halo 3 and the flood still lost, I think the only way to raise the stake would be to bring back the flood, this time with cortana on their side. Also the theories with the precursor primordial are amazing and it would give one extra layer to the fight. They could even have cortana be captured and detained early in the campaign and have the precursor be the "big bad". Long story long, gimme flood yes please and retcon prometheans to not be trash enemies to fight. Also remove the watchers, the most broken and annoying enemies to be brought out of hell.
After the Flood expansion in Wars 2 I would kind of be surprised if they didn't utilize that since the Flood are a massive part of the original trilogy and Infinite seems to be inspired a lot more by them.
I want a game where we just have covenant, no annoying promeatheans no giant groups of flood just the covenant
Yes. With the covenant basically gone and the banished busy on the ark, we need another faction to fight besides prometheans. I'm getting sick of prometheans, they need a big upgrade and adding the flood will bring variety and contrast them very well.
I agree that bringing The Flood back would be great gameplay-wise but it would make everything we did in Halo 3 meaningless as it would be for them to just come back in infinite. This is why everyone got so pissed over Cortana being the bad guy, because we did so much to help her in the og trilogy that it made it seem like an unwarranted betrayal
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3