Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

The Flood in Halo Infinite

OP HITMANSPARTAN40

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Yes. With the covenant basically gone and the banished busy on the ark, we need another faction to fight besides prometheans. I'm getting sick of prometheans, they need a big upgrade and adding the flood will bring variety and contrast them very well.
I agree that bringing The Flood back would be great gameplay-wise but it would make everything we did in Halo 3 meaningless as it would be for them to just come back in infinite. This is why everyone got so pissed over Cortana being the bad guy, because we did so much to help her in the og trilogy that it made it seem like an unwarranted betrayal
The thing with the Flood though is they always find a way. All they need is one spore and the fight for survival begins again, they're one of those enemies that you can never actually beat, you just survive until the next time.

Man I hope they explain why Cortana has gone bad. Her rampancy in H4 is a good start but there needs to be more. Is she being manipulated? Has someone altered her somehow? Is that actually the Cortana we knew? Is she infected with something? I'm not buying the reasons she states in H5 but if that's actually all there is to it... yikes.
i agree i love floods
This poll ends 6/6/666. Is anyone else worried?
Would be awesome to see them return. :P
The return of the flood is inevitable. I think it’s a no brainer for 343. The vast majority of us would love the nolstalgia of blasting the flood apart with shotguns and running for dear life when a horde of them is on our tail. The game is set on a Halo ring and we all know they will be on that ring somewhere!
I hate the flood...:(
Yes. With the covenant basically gone and the banished busy on the ark, we need another faction to fight besides prometheans. I'm getting sick of prometheans, they need a big upgrade and adding the flood will bring variety and contrast them very well.
Definitely! We need to see the Flood and like you said the Prometheans are just annoying and I am too getting suck of them!
They most definitely should! Not only do they add an interesting different way of fighting in Halo but they'd compliment the Promethean enemies well, seeing as they were originally meant to combat Flood. The Prometheans themes, aesthetic, and weapons could finally re-focus their redesign on this fact. Right now they're trying too hard to be scary which in the context of fighting the Flood makes no sense! In H4 the weapons we focused on dual-features. In H5 the focus was tracking. If the Flood are back in the picture the weapons should be focused on crowd control and clearing entire rooms which is honestly much more fitting for them, especially when using the burning after-affect.

Anyway, getting back to the Flood, I really liked the direction they were being taken in H3 and after seeing them in Halo Wars 2 I'm confident 343 could do some really cool new things with them. There are near limitless kinds of new Flood types that could be created! The thing I like most about the Flood's gameplay is how they quickly turn everything in the battle against you and I hope to experience that again!
Heres hoping!
Definitely
Yes, it would make sense if they come back after Halo Wars 2 and since Infinite takes place in a halo ring.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3