Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

The h4/5 elites fate

OP TECH PON3

Should the new elites be retcon out if not in HI

Make Your Selection:

I don't quite understand the question
I agree with guy above me not sure what your asking.
^I third these guys, fix ur wording to the question.
Recon494 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:
Should the H4/5 elite design be retcon out of the halo series/universe when Infinite comes out
TECH PON3 wrote:
Recon494 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:
Should the H4/5 elite design be retcon out of the halo series/universe when Infinite comes out
You saying should we get rid of the new elite design? I say no.
I assume you mean armor design in which case I kinda say yes. not retcon as in it never happened but the armor design I think was suppose to suit the storm faction which fell in halo 5. any other elites would be from other factions so it would make sense to change up the design from a lore perspective.
Recon494 wrote:
Yeah I'm not sure either
Yes, blast it in to space where it belongs! The old elite design was amazing, not sure what went wrong with the new one?
TECH PON3 wrote:
Recon494 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:
I’m still confused cuz the definition of retcon is new information that imposes different views on an event. Basically a different view on a plot point...so the armor of elites isn’t a plot point...but if u mean revise the armor, I don’t think so they elites have went to a new look because they a no longer covenant elites but their own army now
TECH PON3 wrote:
Recon494 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:
I’m still confused cuz the definition of retcon is new information that imposes different views on an event. Basically a different view on a plot point...so the armor of elites isn’t a plot point...but if u mean revise the armor, I don’t think so they elites have went to a new look because they a no longer covenant elites but their own army now
I assume you mean armor design in which case I kinda say yes. not retcon as in it never happened but the armor design I think was suppose to suit the storm faction which fell in halo 5. any other elites would be from other factions so it would make sense to change up the design from a lore perspective.
TECH PON3 wrote:
Recon494 wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:
You saying should we get rid of the new elite design? I say no.
I mean the actual elite design not the armores
I still say no..the elites designs now are more unique than before if anything they should spend even more time making the designs even more unique just like how many of the marines or ODST get a quick character build so should the elites..in halo 1/2 they are all streamline and only the colors of armor changes. So yes change but no to the old ways go for even more newer and unique looks.
What is their fate? Hopefully the lowliest point of any quite warm underworld.

As for should those elite designs be wiped off the face of existence in future Halo titles? Definitely yes.

Though should they be retconned? Maybe, I could be fine with such things being just a mistake in artistic choices.

As for should those elite designs be wiped off the face of existence in future Halo titles? Definitely yes.

Though should they be retconned? Maybe, I could be fine with such things being just a mistake in artistic choices.
Saw that coming
TECH PON3 wrote:

Saw that coming
Which part might you be referring to? The fate part, the understanding of retcon or something else entirely?
No, although I would prefer if they switched back to the Halo Wars 2/Halo 2A design.
However I don't want them to retcon it as I still enjoyed the new design even if others disapproved.
TECH PON3 wrote:

Saw that coming
Which part might you be referring to? The fate part, the understanding of retcon or something else entirely?
The retcon part
Recon494 wrote:
I am also confused. What specific part of the elites being ret conned are we discussing here?
LarsBars wrote:
Recon494 wrote:
I am also confused. What specific part of the elites being ret conned are we discussing here?
Given the previous comments here, I assume its about the physique of the H4/H5g elites. The ones with their own teeth hazardous to their eyes, the diseased skin, the overall heavy look and so on.