Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

The Hardest Campaign Solo Game?

OP Redcat628

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Have not done it solo but I imagine that honor would go to Halo 2. Been a while since I have played it so can't really answer why but it just seems to have more difficult parts then the others.
I personally don.t have an issue with playing Halo 2 on Legendary. The only problems that I run into are the Jackal Snipers on Delta Halo and then on Quarantine Zone, there's always a couple of the Rocket Flood that I hate dealing with. But when it comes to CE on Legendary than that's when I run into more issues. Out of Combat's entire campaign, I'd say that the Library is the hardest and/or Assault on the Control Room in second. Now when it comes to Normal, I'd have to say Assault on the Control Room, just because of how long of a mission it is. The turn arounds also cause me some trouble; especially if I have lost the banshee at that point.
Halo 2 takes the cake. The campaign balancing issues are too big too ignore.
Definitely halo2 it’s a little unbalanced and jackals are annoying.
Halo 2 with jackals that can't miss, and brutes that charge you like crazy. One mission comes to mind, where you start the level right in front of a group of enemies, and it gives you less than a second to get out of the way. Sometimes you die before the game even gives you control of your character. Good times. 😅
forget jackals, you can get pretty good at disposing of snipers but halo 2 legendary drone sworms are the worst thing in any halo game. the last part of delta halo was a nightmare
Halo 2
Jackel Snipers
Tartarus (plus every brute ever)
and Drones

Had me stuck on that game for almost a year until my dad played co-op with me, taught me the ropes. Now the only problem I have in that game is the Drones. I hate bugs.
Halo 2 wasn’t really that bad.
It was fun!, I can't play halo 2 on normal anymore, It has to be on heroic or Legendary.

I feel Halo CE was the most difficult to me because of the health system.
There's no room for any mistake.
Halo 2 wasn’t really that bad.
It was fun!, I can't play halo 2 on normal anymore, It has to be on heroic or Legendary.

I feel Halo CE was the most difficult to me because of the health system.
There's no room for any mistake.
That is exactly my stance on it too!!! I love h2 on legendary, it just feels perfect. Halo CE is a spawn learning experience, where your grenades, and shots need to be timed on point, else you shall get "tore up, from the floor up".
CE has caused me the most pain, I'm just glad it's over.
Halo CE, just getting used to the Halo game and I hate the library every time. I tend to get turned around alot in this game.
Halo 2 is without a doubt the hardest game solo or with friends on any difficulty. There are more ways to die in an unfair way than in any other game. In Halo CE I can only think of the rocket launcher flood forms. In H3 the vehicle sections can be annoying because the enemies focus more on you than on the vehicle you’re in. In H3:ODST nothing comes to mind, maybe if there’s too many brutes like in that one part of data hive? In Reach the space section of long of solace can take forever because of how little damage your ship can take and how long it takes to heal, and enemies can kill you in less than a second with a melee. In 4 & 5 knights can teleport unpredictably.
In Halo 2:
Sniper Jackals
You’re the 2nd weakest character in the game (Legendary)
Enemies Fire weapons very fast and do more damage
Vehicles have reduced health when you enter them
And much more!
Halo 2 is easily the hardest game in the series. There are sections of the campaign that require precise timing and movement in order to progress.
Halo 2 is probably gonna be worse. Haven't started it yet, but I'm somewhat dreading it tbh.

I've been playing Halo CE on Legendary recently. The Library wasn't that bad, surprisingly, but I absolutely HATED Truth & Reconciliation and Two Betrayals. Unbelievably frustrating levels, both of them.
Halo 2 takes the cake for a laso challenge for sure. Even on a normal setting it is still pretty difficult for a new player
Is there really a reason to pick anything other than Halo 2?
Definitely Halo 2. The others don’t even come close to it. CE, 3, ODST, Reach, 4 and 5, I completed those on legendary just fine with almost no issues, and that’s without speedrunning tricks, so I didn’t skip anything either. Halo 2 was the only one in which I had to use speedrunning tactics in order to get through it. I heard that Bungie did not have the time to refine the legendary difficulty on 2, so we got what we got.

Halo 2 is probably gonna be worse. Haven't started it yet, but I'm somewhat dreading it tbh.

I've been playing Halo CE on Legendary recently. The Library wasn't that bad, surprisingly, but I absolutely HATED Truth & Reconciliation and Two Betrayals. Unbelievably frustrating levels, both of them.
I recently completed Truth & Reconciliation on LASO. I think I lost my sanity.
Halo 2 by far. CE wasn’t bad overall, but it did have its moments. Everything 3 and on has been fairly easy.
Halo 2 and some Halo CE missions.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2