Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

The Quitting Epidemic

OP ExplodedLamb

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
I commented earlier but I have a different solution. No one likes quitters. They are annoying. We don't know why they are quitting. Could be because they are jerks. Could be because mom said "Turn that Nintendo off and go to bed." lol

So how about getting rid of the option to quit entirely? This would force the quitter to close out the game from the Xbox Dashboard. If they are quitting because they are done playing then it doesn't matter to them, however, if they are quitting because they are jerks then they would have to sit through the whole developer logo stuff when you start the game. It'll take a little longer to get back into the action and, hopefully, become so annoying that their propensity for quitting will be diminished.

The reality is nothing will stop quitting entirely but I think getting rid of the quit option will help curb the serial quitters.
I actually love this post. I completely agree, of course people will still quit, but the numbers would go down. Make it harder, less people will do it. Doesn't solve the problem, but definitely helps.
nothing you can do, i just report them and move on, its not like reporting them for quitting early Actually does something. its just there so you can feel better lol
People quitting is what causes others to join a late match. No one likes joining a late match. Every single time I start a match someone quits. I agree with anything that will put an end to quitters.
If people want to leave the game early they're going to. There isn't really anything you can do about it.
i just report anyone who quite. thats the one good thing about 4 join in progress so as soon as 1 guy quite it means someone else can take his place instead of you getting a loss.
I commented earlier but I have a different solution. No one likes quitters. They are annoying. We don't know why they are quitting. Could be because they are jerks. Could be because mom said "Turn that Nintendo off and go to bed." lol

So how about getting rid of the option to quit entirely? This would force the quitter to close out the game from the Xbox Dashboard. If they are quitting because they are done playing then it doesn't matter to them, however, if they are quitting because they are jerks then they would have to sit through the whole developer logo stuff when you start the game. It'll take a little longer to get back into the action and, hopefully, become so annoying that their propensity for quitting will be diminished.

The reality is nothing will stop quitting entirely but I think getting rid of the quit option will help curb the serial quitters.
This post. Great idea. Quitters are game changers in certain playlists (i.e. team arena), and should be stopped. Nothing worse than 3v4 (or worse) CTF or SH. I'm sure more quitters would opt to just play out 10 minute games rather than having to go through the process of closing out and re-matching.

P.S. I wanted the 6th option to be "Destroy the quitter's copy of the game and distribute his REQs evenly between the remaining members of his team," but it didn't fit. :)
Ha! They should totally do that! ;D
I think the best solution is not to penalize the rest of the team. I just played my ten qualifying matches in team arena and the last 3 of them someone on my team quit (we lost). I know it had a negative effect because it's virtually impossible to win a 3v4 match, much less have a positive K/D. You're outnumbered and oftentimes outgunned because it's easier for the team of 4 to get the power weapons. Quitters wouldn't bother me near as much if I knew my own W/L and (likely) K/D wasn't going to suffer because of it. No one enjoys losing, and it's even worse when you lose as a result of something you can't control. Having the option to replay qualifying matches and remove losses from the "record" when people quit would be ideal. Then you don't have to waste your irreplaceable time working back up to where you should have been in the first place. You can just replay those matches. And obviously you would want to set it up where if you have a fireteam of 4 you can't exploit the system.
The number of people quiting is a problem, but today alone I have been disconnected from about 20 games, not deliberate quiting
Volize wrote:
Implement an XP jackpot for people who don't quit.
Lel XP jackpot - who really care for the bad ranking in Halo 5?
Yeah, I`m now 30...now 31..32...33... Oh I got banned
I'm sure a lot of people care about achieving a high rank.
Theres no solution, people are gonna quit anyway. Banning them will probably just make them walk away from it all. The banhammer shouldnt even effect non ranked playlists imo
ya i agree
i hate how ill be 3 seconds in a match then it says lost connection or like the game kicked me out the match and ill get banned
Zmoolah wrote:
Maybe give negative XP or RP as well as the banhammer
Yea I agree
Zmoolah wrote:
Maybe give negative XP or RP as well as the banhammer
Negative RP is interesting
That's just stupid and a huge turn off for the game...Imagine if you're level 5 and head into warzone for the first time and you're getting demolished. 10 minutes in you quit and that 1000 rp you have earned saving up for a silver/gold just goes away if you quit? Makes no sense. Or if you're in the higher levels 148+ and you're on that 152 grind and all of the sudden you went from 4 500 000/6 000 000 XP to 4 450 000/6 000 000 XP. That's like 10 Warzone games of XP gone. Getting rid of RP makes no sense since the REQ system has so much crap to get through and losing XP makes no sense as the only way you rank up is through playing the game.
Zmoolah wrote:
Maybe give negative XP or RP as well as the banhammer
Negative RP is interesting
That's just stupid and a huge turn off for the game...Imagine if you're level 5 and head into warzone for the first time and you're getting demolished. 10 minutes in you quit and that 1000 rp you have earned saving up for a silver/gold just goes away if you quit? Makes no sense. Or if you're in the higher levels 148+ and you're on that 152 grind and all of the sudden you went from 4 500 000/6 000 000 XP to 4 450 000/6 000 000 XP. That's like 10 Warzone games of XP gone. Getting rid of RP makes no sense since the REQ system has so much crap to get through and losing XP makes no sense as the only way you rank up is through playing the game.
Well if you are level 5 and new to the game and you are expecting to already be good at a game you just got then you have the wrong attitude.
Furys Wake wrote:
The number of people quiting is a problem, but today alone I have been disconnected from about 20 games, not deliberate quiting
You do know people can check that right? It took me 15 second to check your service record and see you haven't been kicked out of 20 games today
Yeah it becomes annoying when players quit, I guess some people may try to get used to it.
Zmoolah wrote:
Maybe give negative XP or RP as well as the banhammer
Negative RP is interesting
That's just stupid and a huge turn off for the game...Imagine if you're level 5 and head into warzone for the first time and you're getting demolished. 10 minutes in you quit and that 1000 rp you have earned saving up for a silver/gold just goes away if you quit? Makes no sense. Or if you're in the higher levels 148+ and you're on that 152 grind and all of the sudden you went from 4 500 000/6 000 000 XP to 4 450 000/6 000 000 XP. That's like 10 Warzone games of XP gone. Getting rid of RP makes no sense since the REQ system has so much crap to get through and losing XP makes no sense as the only way you rank up is through playing the game.
So it's stupid because it would discourage quitting? Uh what? Your argument makes no sense, it supports it being an effective method. Also who said 10 Warzone games worth of XP?
I only dont want the banhammer :(
i think it should leave a larger dent on your service record than just an L. It should take down your rank to the bottom of whatever tier it was. so like gold 1 or onyx 1500.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7