1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4

Ultron vs Cortana

Make Your Selection:

Who would win? Ultron in his most powerful state, or Cortana?
Ultron definitely. The only real way to deal with him involves time travel. He can adapt to pretty much anything and everything.

Cortana wouldn't pose a threat to him in the slightest.
Ultron would win anyday. He'd be a huge headache for the Warden (and perhaps the Didact), let alone Cortana.
Cortana controls the Guardians, has swayed the AI of several species, has an endless stream of Wardens, directs the Promethians, and can destroy all sentient life with the Halos.

Ultron couldn't even kill JARVIS right.
Cortana controls the Guardians, has swayed the AI of several species, has an endless stream of Wardens, directs the Promethians, and can destroy all sentient life with the Halos.

Pretty sure we're talking about Comic book ultron. who is infinitely more powerful than the movie's version. We're talking about an ultron who killed basically every hero on earth. The only way he was stopped was by a time traveling Wolverine who went back into the past and tried to prevent his creation.

I also don't see how the Halo rings would be a threat since Ultron isn't a person.
JV11077 wrote:

Pretty sure we're talking about Comic book ultron. who is infinitely more powerful than the movie's version. We're talking about an ultron who killed basically every hero on earth. The only way he was stopped was by a time traveling Wolverine who went back into the past and tried to prevent his creation.

I also don't see how the Halo rings would be a threat since Ultron isn't a person.
Yup, I'm talking about the comic version of Ultron. The movie version was a pushover.
Cortan would annoy Ultron so long that he would commit suicide.
In a way Ultron reminds me of the Didact because he thinks his actions are done out of nobility, but Ultron adds some humor to his desires as well. Cortana as a threat is nothing compared to him.
JV11077 wrote:

Doom265 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:

Yup, I'm talking about the comic version of Ultron. The movie version was a pushover.
Okay, be that as it may, Cortana has been shown to banish mechanical instruments and AI beings with hardly a thought regardless of prior connections (see Blue Team's weapons and Warden Eternal). As long as he has form, she can simply negate his existance.
I haven't read the comic book version but from hearing it I would go with Ultron.
JV11077 wrote:

Doom265 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:

Okay, be that as it may, Cortana has been shown to banish mechanical instruments and AI beings with hardly a thought regardless of prior connections (see Blue Team's weapons and Warden Eternal). As long as he has form, she can simply negate his existance.
I really don't think she could do anything to ultron. The smartest men in existance in the marvel universe couldn't even stop him (Mr. Fantastic, Tony Stark, Hank Pym and etc). If the smartest men in the Marvel universe couldn't come up with a way to stop him then there's no way Cortana is going to be able to do it.
Ultron > Cortana > Skynet xD
JV11077 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:

Doom265 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:

I really don't think she could do anything to ultron. The smartest men in existance in the marvel universe couldn't even stop him (Mr. Fantastic, Tony Stark, Hank Pym and etc). If the smartest men in the Marvel universe couldn't come up with a way to stop him then there's no way Cortana is going to be able to do it.
I don't think they wielded the unique powers Cortana does. Unless there's some evidence of Ultron surviving negation and dismissal at the hands of a united army of AI, I would still say Cortana wins.
JV11077 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:

Doom265 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:

I don't think they wielded the unique powers Cortana does. Unless there's some evidence of Ultron surviving negation and dismissal at the hands of a united army of AI, I would still say Cortana wins.
We're talking about the smartest men in the (Marvel) universe. The guys who deal with galactic level threats on a regular basis.

I don't doubt you or anything, but where does the Cortana negating AI's come from? I don't remember reading about that anywhere. Either way, I'm pretty sure Ultron is way more advanced than anything Cortana has come across. And no matter what happens to Ultron he always seems to come back. It wouldn't be as simple as negating him.
JV11077 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:

Doom265 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:

We're talking about the smartest men in the (Marvel) universe. The guys who deal with galactic level threats on a regular basis.

I don't doubt you or anything, but where does the Cortana negating AI's come from? I don't remember reading about that anywhere. Either way, I'm pretty sure Ultron is way more advanced than anything Cortana has come across. And no matter what happens to Ultron he always seems to come back. It wouldn't be as simple as negating him.
Cortana, moments after gaining physical form in Halo 5, dismisses and dismantles both a room full of Wardens Eternal, a dangerous AI in its own right, and Blue Team's guns.
I guess it could become a contest of who is better at hacking into one another. If the fight's on a purely physical level, Ultron's bodies are toast. On the AI battlefield, it depends- if Ultron can hold his own against the combined might of an army of military- and planet-governing AI, the Forerunner Domain, and Cortana herself, then there's a chance. The numbers game just doesn't work in Ultron's favor, but hey, let's be real here- they'd probably just join forces anyhow.
JV11077 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:

Doom265 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:

Cortana, moments after gaining physical form in Halo 5, dismisses and dismantles both a room full of Wardens Eternal, a dangerous AI in its own right, and Blue Team's guns.
I guess it could become a contest of who is better at hacking into one another. If the fight's on a purely physical level, Ultron's bodies are toast. On the AI battlefield, it depends- if Ultron can hold his own against the combined might of an army of military- and planet-governing AI, the Forerunner Domain, and Cortana herself, then there's a chance. The numbers game just doesn't work in Ultron's favor, but hey, let's be real here- they'd probably just join forces anyhow.
Do we know that she actually has that power? (Haven't played Halo 5's campaign in a long time). Is it possible she just tapped into genesis's teleportation grid like she did in the first game and just teleported the warden away? Assuming she does have that ability do we even know she can use it outside of genesis? What was stopping her from deconstructing parts of the infinity when she briefly boarded it? If she does have that power it makes absolutely no sense.
Probably ultron
Cortana, she is an AI over a hundred years more advanced than Ultron. She also has an army of guardians and wardens and has a group of other AI.
DarkMile3 wrote:
Cortana, she is an AI over a hundred years more advanced than Ultron. She also has an army of guardians and wardens and has a group of other AI.
Somebody hasn't been reading their comics lol
Doom265 wrote:
DarkMile3 wrote:
Somebody hasn't been reading their comics lol
Unfortunately I haven't read any of the Ultron comics so my argument is probably quite one sided
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4