2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
DarkMile3 wrote:
Doom265 wrote:
DarkMile3 wrote:
Cortana, she is an AI over a hundred years more advanced than Ultron. She also has an army of guardians and wardens and has a group of other AI.
Somebody hasn't been reading their comics lol
Unfortunately I haven't read any of the Ultron comics so my argument is probably quite one sided
Yup. If you can, try reading on what Ultron is capable of.
Doom265 wrote:
DarkMile3 wrote:
Doom265 wrote:
DarkMile3 wrote:
Cortana, she is an AI over a hundred years more advanced than Ultron. She also has an army of guardians and wardens and has a group of other AI.
Unfortunately I haven't read any of the Ultron comics so my argument is probably quite one sided
If I were to start reading some of the Ultron comics, any recommendations of where to start
JV11077 wrote:
Cortana controls the Guardians, has swayed the AI of several species, has an endless stream of Wardens, directs the Promethians, and can destroy all sentient life with the Halos.

Ultron couldn't even kill JARVIS right.
Pretty sure we're talking about Comic book ultron. who is infinitely more powerful than the movie's version. We're talking about an ultron who killed basically every hero on earth. The only way he was stopped was by a time traveling Wolverine who went back into the past and tried to prevent his creation.

I also don't see how the Halo rings would be a threat since Ultron isn't a person.
oh if thats the case I may have to change my answer.
DarkMile3 wrote:
Doom265 wrote:
DarkMile3 wrote:
Doom265 wrote:
DarkMile3 wrote:
If I were to start reading some of the Ultron comics, any recommendations of where to start
You don't even have to read the comics. Just read his feats on Wikipedia or something.
Doom265 wrote:
DarkMile3 wrote:
Doom265 wrote:
DarkMile3 wrote:
Doom265 wrote:
DarkMile3 wrote:
You don't even have to read the comics. Just read his feats on Wikipedia or something.
Or read the Ultron Respect thread.
JV11077 wrote:
Cortana controls the Guardians, has swayed the AI of several species, has an endless stream of Wardens, directs the Promethians, and can destroy all sentient life with the Halos.

Pretty sure we're talking about Comic book ultron. who is infinitely more powerful than the movie's version. We're talking about an ultron who killed basically every hero on earth. The only way he was stopped was by a time traveling Wolverine who went back into the past and tried to prevent his creation.

I also don't see how the Halo rings would be a threat since Ultron isn't a person.
But not a Mjolnir powered assault-armor toting super soldier referred to as John-117 with the assistance of a weapons-grade Smart AI named Cortana, because he's not on Earth very often..
Jack 0O1 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:

But not a Mjolnir powered assault-armor toting super soldier referred to as John-117 with the assistance of a weapons-grade Smart AI named Cortana, because he's not on Earth very often..
If Ultron could manage to kill Hulk, thor, and Iron Man I think he could easily crush Chief. Especially since Ultron's chassis is made from indestructible Adamantium. And like I said before, Cortana doesn't pose a threat to ultron.
JV11077 wrote:
Jack 0O1 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:

If Ultron could manage to kill Hulk, thor, and Iron Man I think he could easily crush Chief. Especially since Ultron's chassis is made from indestructible Adamantium. And like I said before, Cortana doesn't pose a threat to ultron.
We will have to wait and see where the story takes Cortana, but she is a part of Chief. They are together even when they are apart or "against" each other. Cortana did entrap Chief, but only to save him from her plan to activate the Halo rings. You can't talk about one without the other - even when theoretically pitting her against Ultron.

So lets hypothesize -

The real threat to Ultron isn't Cortana; it's Chief. Chief is built with technology that is 500 years more advanced than that of the comics... We don't even know where Adamantium stands in this future. It also seems that everyone has forgotten what the Librarian told John when they met in Halo 4. Remember that intangible characteristic of John's that Dr. Halsey and Cortana have always referred to as "luck"? Turns out that John has been watched over and protected by the imprint of the Librarian Forerunner because he isn't just any human, he is THE Reclaimer. He is "the culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning". Nothing about John is by "accident" - He is the eventuality of the physical evolution the Spartan Project, Mjolnir armor, Cortana (and her advanced abilities)... all of it was to ensure that he would be the one to reclaim the universal Mantle of responsibility. The Librarian has imprinted John with ancient seeds of the past to guide his evolution to his current state. After John meets the Librarian, she "accelerates his evolutionary journey" - we don't even fully comprehend what the consequences of this are or what he might be capable of yet, besides that Chief's human-genome cannot be deconstructed by the Composer. Not only was he raised in battle, he's been enhanced by science and technology far beyond that of Iron Man, and he holds a supernatural connection to the fate of the universe.

He cannot lose - not even to Ultron.
Jack 0O1 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:
Jack 0O1 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:

We will have to wait and see where the story takes Cortana, but she is a part of Chief. They are together even when they are apart or "against" each other. Cortana did entrap Chief, but only to save him from her plan to activate the Halo rings. You can't talk about one without the other - even when theoretically pitting her against Ultron.

So lets hypothesize -

The real threat to Ultron isn't Cortana; it's Chief. Chief is built with technology that is 500 years more advanced than that of the comics... We don't even know where Adamantium stands in this future. It also seems that everyone has forgotten what the Librarian told John when they met in Halo 4. Remember that intangible characteristic of John's that Dr. Halsey and Cortana have always referred to as "luck"? Turns out that John has been watched over and protected by the imprint of the Librarian Forerunner because he isn't just any human, he is THE Reclaimer. He is "the culmination of a thousand lifetimes of planning". Nothing about John is by "accident" - He is the eventuality of the physical evolution the Spartan Project, Mjolnir armor, Cortana (and her advanced abilities)... all of it was to ensure that he would be the one to reclaim the universal Mantle of responsibility. The Librarian has imprinted John with ancient seeds of the past to guide his evolution to his current state. After John meets the Librarian, she "accelerates his evolutionary journey" - we don't even fully comprehend what the consequences of this are or what he might be capable of yet, besides that Chief's human-genome cannot be deconstructed by the Composer. Not only was he raised in battle, he's been enhanced by science and technology far beyond that of Iron Man, and he holds a supernatural connection to the fate of the universe.

He cannot lose - not even to Ultron.
He can lose and he would lose. How could he possible beat ultron? We're talking about a robot who conquered earth, has armor made out he same indestructible material as Wolverine's claws, has an unlimited army of drones, is capable of leveling entire cities within seconds, and capable of assimilating technology simply by touching it. At one point, Ultron got locked in a never ending war with Kang the conqueror, a time traveling dude who kept resetting time whenever his army (composed of heroes and soldiers he handpicked through time). The only way ultron lost is because he chose to because time itself was going to break from the constant time breaking.

. I get that Chief has luck and all that, but there is truly no way for him to survive and there is no way he can possibly beat Ultron.
Not a comic book guy, but I'm still going to go with Ultron... mainly because he basically operates using universe hax.
How many times has Ultron been defeated already? He has to keep coming back as different iterations because he's lost so many times already. Chief hasn't lost. Ever.

Actually.. the latest iteration of Ultron is merged with Pym and is a human/machine hybrid.. much like Chief. Ultron needs Pym like Chief needs Cortana. Not only is Chief imbedded with technology to make him into a super soldier, but also having his DNA altered to a point that it cannot be trans-mutated by the Composer. Lets assume this DNA evolution that the Librarian enhanced Chief with also makes him immune to the nanite virus that Ultron uses to infect organic creatures into drones. Also, with Cortana by Chief's side - he also has an unlimited army of drones (Prometheans and AI alike). And with Cortana now in control of all Forerunner artifacts she has entire star-systems of shield worlds, planets, even-further advanced technology at her disposal.

According to Wiki:
  • Ultron has superhuman levels of strength, speed, stamina, durability, and reflexes.. Chief has this imbedded in his body, but also with the assistance of Mjolnir armor
  • Flight at subsonic speeds, Ultron has Chief on this one without the use of a ship. But Chief can fly pretty good, for a brick. (I miss Johnson*)
  • Concussive blasts of energy.. Chief has weapons that do the same thing.
  • Encephalo-ray.. not even sure this would affect Chief in the slightest with the Librarians DNA evolution. (ditto with mind-control and hypnotic commands)
  • Ultron's genius intellect.. this is why Chief has Cortana
  • Creative intelligence, superhuman analytical capabilities, ability to process information and calculations with superhuman speed and accuracy.. Also Cortana.
  • Self-repair.. Mjolnir armor
  • Program transmitter that can beam part or all of Ultron's memory/personality system into other computer systems or duplicate robotic bodies.. Cortana can do this too.
  • Can control other machines remotely.. Also Cortana
  • Ability to restructure its physical form.. think Cortana using hardlight to create a physical body of herself. She is no longer a hologram.
and yeah, yeah... Adamantium. It's not Ultron's outside that you need to worry about; it's his inside. Ultron's internal systems have been damaged multiple by times before regardless of the adamantium armor - namely by Johnny Storm, the Scarlet Witch, and Wonder Man.

I think the odds are pretty even. It would be one hell of a shoot out.

I get it, this is a hypothetical argument and we're both cheering for who we want or believe would win in a battle for the galaxy. This debate could go on forever and neither of us would change our minds - but seriously... You are not giving Chief nearly enough credit or respect for his actual powers. We just tend to see him as a "stronger-than-normal" marine or ODST. That's not even a microcosm of the truth. There is more to him than we can even imagine and the story has just begun to scratch the surface.

You not only underestimate Chief, but you dismiss Chief way too ignorantly with your matter-of-fact statements.
Just give respect where respect is due.
Idk tho. Cortana has evolved pretty intensely. I just don't know
I haven't read the comic book version but from hearing it I would go with Ultron.
Ya same here. Plus I have a theory of why Cortana has turned into such a B. It's her time of the month.
HYv47 wrote:
I haven't read the comic book version but from hearing it I would go with Ultron.
Ya same here. Plus I have a theory of why Cortana has turned into such a B. It's her time of the month.
Hahaha
Jack 0O1 wrote:
I get it, this is a hypothetical argument and we're both cheering for who we want or believe would win in a battle for the galaxy. This debate could go on forever and neither of us would change our minds - but seriously... You are not giving Chief nearly enough credit or respect for his actual powers. We just tend to see him as a "stronger-than-normal" marine or ODST. That's not even a microcosm of the truth. There is more to him than we can even imagine and the story has just begun to scratch the surface.

You not only underestimate Chief, but you dismiss Chief way too ignorantly with your matter-of-fact statements.
Just give respect where respect is due.
I'm not underestimating the Chief. If anything, you're severely underestimating Ultron. I'm fully aware of how powerful he is and all of his feats. I'm also aware of how powerful ultron is and I know that chief realistically would never stand a chance. We are talking about comics book here, and comic characters are usually stupidly powerful. Like I said, we are talking about an aI/robot who killed every single super hero on earth. One version of Ultron even killed Sentry. Marvel's answer to superman. Most of those heroes are leagues above Master Chief and Cortana.

If we were talking about the Ultron from the movies I think chief and cortana would win handily. But it's not the case.
JV11077 wrote:
Jack 0O1 wrote:
I get it, this is a hypothetical argument and we're both cheering for who we want or believe would win in a battle for the galaxy. This debate could go on forever and neither of us would change our minds
We'll agree to disagree.
Ultron is so dope
How is this even a contest? Ultron can take over and manipulate entire alien races that are made up of artificial intelligence. Ultron is far more powerful by far.
How is this even a contest? Ultron can take over and manipulate entire alien races that are made up of artificial intelligence. Ultron is far more powerful by far.
Well I know that, but I just wanted to hear what other people had to say.
...now that I look back, Ultron is essentially a suit of MJOLNIR armor, only a lot more durable, sentient, and EVIL.

Adamantium alloy beats titanium alloy on any occasion.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4