Skip to main content

Do u think 343 bans unfairly

Poll Ended

If u have been banned randomly as much as I have, I'm sure u are just as upset. This is a broken system 343 and u know it.
I don't think anyone has been randomly banned.
You were not seeing, as I just pointed out in your other thread, 8ish DNF matches since the 26th.

That's not a random ban.
I feel like any thread questioning bans should just be filtered out at this point...

No one has been randomly banned. If you quit, you will be banned. It says it right in the game as you quit.
We can see your game history. We can see your quitting. That's why you were banned
I laugh at the trolls who actually ignore the fact what 'unfair' means. They think bans are all perfect obviously because they think:
  • Fred team kills 5 times a game and was banned= Banned fairly
  • Kelly quits ten games in a row and was banned= Banned fairly
  • John lags out of a match and was banned= Banned fairly
The last point is clearly not fair.
haha op 92% hope you get banned forever #)))
I was banned after lagging out of the game on a perfectly good connection, so yep.
Clearly they don't ban enough because people are still quitting and idling.
Stop quitting and you wont get banned.

Wanna talk about fair? How fair is it that other peoples games are ruined because you just felt lime taking off 2 minutes into a match?

i hope the bans get harsher for folks like you.
HCR Scrub wrote:
I was banned after lagging out of the game on a perfectly good connection, so yep.
If you lagged out of a perfectly good connection then it wasnt a perfectly good connection.
The problem continues to be that we're not permitted to select the game types we want to play. I don't want to ruin games for others, but I also don't want to play snipers on arena maps...it's just not my thing. Also, when they keep bringing up these cheap forge maps for a game that's been hyped more than barrack obama, it's rather disappointing, and the maps themselves are so poorly done, it just pi$$es me off.

That said, I totally get the banhammer for quitting and I accept that. However, what really stinks is being banned for idling when you've never idled...ever. It's a poorly designed algorithm and whoever got paid to design it needs to be designing splash screens or something, because they obviously don't have the intelligence required to design a complex banning algorithm that detects when a player is AFK or when he's just trying to figure out the new map.
Clearly, the bans aren't working. Because people still quit... a lot
Clearly they don't ban enough because people are still quitting and idling.
Clearly they made a lot of mistakes because people still quit.

The Banhammer is completely worthless because people just will move on after they get their ridicoulus bantimes and halo will be dead in about 2 months.
Instead of fixing the real reasons for quitting, they are just destroying the playerbase. But hey... i don't care about it at all anymore. :)
I laugh at the trolls who actually ignore the fact what 'unfair' means. They think bans are all perfect obviously because they think:
The last point also never happens. You don't get a ban after disconnecting from a single match. Anyone claiming they did is a liar. It bans you for showing a pattern, not one time occurrences. I quit a match every now and then, I've had days where bad weather has made my connection less than optimal, and I played while Xbox was being DDoS'd... I've never received a single ban for any of those DNFs.
If he lags out because of his connection then yes, it's fair. If you're internet is so bad to where it excessively disconnects then it's on you. If its a once a week thing then sure, it should slide.
I think that the system is a bit tough on players. When I first started playing I though it would be like if you quite 3 matches in one hour. I got on and I quite 2 matches in about 2 hours and I got banned.
I think the system should work the way I thought it would work
The problem continues to be that we're not permitted to select the game types we want to play. I don't want to ruin games for others, but I also don't want to play snipers on arena maps...it's just not my thing. Also, when they keep bringing up these cheap forge maps for a game that's been hyped more than barrack obama, it's rather disappointing, and the maps themselves are so poorly done, it just pi$$es me off.

That said, I totally get the banhammer for quitting and I accept that. However, what really stinks is being banned for idling when you've never idled...ever. It's a poorly designed algorithm and whoever got paid to design it needs to be designing splash screens or something, because they obviously don't have the intelligence required to design a complex banning algorithm that detects when a player is AFK or when he's just trying to figure out the new map.
I agree about how we don't get to pick game types we want. I go on team arena and sometimes I get break out which is kind of dumb seeing how breakout itself is able to be chosen on the list of gamer types . So I quite but then I get banned and I do see why, but I agree they should change this.