Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Universe Versus : Halo vs Mass Effect - Who wins?

OP Zunburst

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
JNDreher wrote:
Now I'm a huge Halo fan! But Mass Effect travel the entire Galaxy with tons of adavanced cultures I thinks it a miss match. A closer one would be Halo vs Space Marine
From what I've seen of Mass Effect, I'd say they're a decent match for Halo minus the Flood and the Forerunner tech. I'm curious what about Mass Effect causes you to rate it so highly in terms of relative power?

And when you say Space Marine... are you referring to the game from the Warhammer 40k franchise?
I rate Mass Effect higher because in terms of size the Halo Verse has 2 or 3 active space civilizations humans, Elites, and Jackels. The other races are tag alongs and when you compare that to Mass Effect that was 5 or 6 each with publicly accessible starcraft they seem to be purely out numbered. You have a good point if we include the Forerunner Tech than Halo does seem to be more adavanced but still feel they are grossly out numbered.
A higher number of factions means more bureaucracy and more chance for miscommunication. With similar levels of technology and numbers, the side with two large factions would have the advantage over a side with a dozen smaller factions. If you had canonical numbers for the quantity of forces in each franchise, that would be a different matter, but as it stands I don't think there's justification to say Mass Effect had bigger numbers.

Also, in the lore, Unggoy are actually really intelligent, learning multiple languages and combat tactics in a very short time, which is good because they can reproduce by the age of 5 years old (on page 123 of Legacy of Onyx, Gundum is 5yrs old, and her mother is 10), and they have offspring in clutches of a half-dozen (give or take a few) The covenant used them as minimally trained cannon-fodder because it was the only way they could limit the Unggoy's numbers. I fully expect the Unggoy could keep up with any numbers Mass Effect could throw at them.
Also, regarding their combat potential, at least one Unggoy was so good at fighting that he earned the command of a squad if Sangheili Rangers (Halo Fractures: Shadow of Intent, pg148), so with proper training, they can be just as capable as any other species.
I've only played 1 Mass Effect game, so I'm not 100% certain, but the Flood are a force to be recokened with so I'm going with Halo.
Yeah, I knew next to nothing about ME before I read all of this, but from what I've seen, Mass effect is screwd. Tho it'll stand tall at first, it won't take long for it to fall, because the Flood can infect anything, anywhere, as long as they get near it. If it moves, the Flood will corrupt it. Halo has Gods basically, and Genocidal Aliens that can beat MA alone. The grunts reproduce faster that you can breath basically, and are trained fast, and all of halo can hide in shield worlds or arks, and when all things that are sentient and organic die, all of the Halo universe will sh*t on it.
I believe the Mass effect universe would have a difficult time fighting the halo universe.
The reapers in Mass effect are hard to kill as seen in me1. Their laser gun has the power of 400 kt the laser has the power to destroy capital ships in seconds. It would be a tough fight. I still believe that the covenant as of 2552 could destroy them.
The flood would be a huge threat to the me universe. They can infect worlds in days if not stopped quick enough. Mabye a whole system in a week. For the flood fighting the geth or reapers. The flood has the logic plague witch can be used to turn geth or reapers soldiers against them. Reapers have their own logic plague called indoctrination. Witch can infect the minds of people. Also it can Resurrect dead people just like the flood.
JNDreher wrote:
Flood beats Covenant! Flood beats Forerunners! Flood beats Everything!!!

But seriously, I've seen nothing in Mass Effect that could stand against the Flood, even if Mass Effect were able to challenge the Covenant.
The Flood could probably take over almost any other game series universe. Remember, they would just turn all the people they kill from each universe into more flood. Only stopping them would be firing the Halo Rings, which belongs to the Halo Universe anyways. Flood beats everything!
I would go for mass effect on this one. They pretty much have an endless supply of reapers and countless species on their side. While halo has spartans, elites, brutes, grunts, the flood, forerunners, etc. and the halo rings. But mass effect still has strength in numbers. It was a close call.
I would go for mass effect on this one. They pretty much have an endless supply of reapers and countless species on their side. While halo has spartans, elites, brutes, grunts, the flood, forerunners, etc. and the halo rings. But mass effect still has strength in numbers. It was a close call.
ME has 20,000 Reapers. Halo has trillions of Forerunners and trillions of Flood. Halo wins in tech and numbers. No contest.
Never played Mass Effect.

Smashes can’t decide button.
Halo all the time. It has a more complex and interesting story in my opinion.
I'm saying Halo. That doesn't count for much though because I never played the Mass Effect series so I know next to nothing about the universe.
Zunburst wrote:
Halo, because they have the halo rings, they have experience with fighting aliens, and the Covent and unsc could unite
Gotta remember that Mass effect have the Reapers and the Geth which are not affected by the Halo rings
Reapers are essentially mobile Halo Rings designed to eliminate biological life but to ‘then compose them’ into more reapers like the flood. It’s really a hard argument for me. I think it would be one really messed up galaxy if you had to deal with reapers flood and the Halo rings. Jeez Louise lol!
I personally think Halo would win this one. The flood would be huge factor in this battle due to the fact that given enough mass and intelligence, they would be to infect technological constructs as well as biological life. So I say this would the reapers would be at a disadvantage as well as the geth. Assuming the flood were able to reach such mass and intelligence, there would be no need to fire the halo array because the flood would have already consumed the ME universe.
Halo all the time. It has a more complex and interesting story in my opinion.
Certainly more interesting imo.
In halo, they didn't just use the game itself to describe the world and all the lore. Sure, they used the little videos hidden but they also have... NOVELS! And I mean, there's a lot of them to read and to uncover aaaaall the lore of halo, new stories and they even made Hunt the truth for better understanding of the ONI and master chief! I think the universe of Halo is better because it is sooo in depth and has more lore in it, with the ennemies and even humanity itself!
Oh please, Commander shepard can destroy the sun if he wanted to and be home to romance everyone on his ship.
1- the UNSC also control the ark and all the halo rings sooo....bye bye to all citadel life if needs be
2- if the promethians fight with the halo people, then the halo side has access to the composer so literally every single council person could be turned into a really strong solider for the halo team
3- halo ships and weaponry is much much much stronger in general. Take the NOVA bomb for example, that bomb shatters a moon, nukes an entire planet and destroys every single ship in the entire solar system...in one blast. The series 8 MAC, and the super Mac, can gut a covenant capital ship in one hit, so the UNSC infinity by itself (which has 4 series 8 macs) could solo the citadel and completely destroy it
4- AI. Halo team has hyper advanced AI. The ai could hack into every single network in the entire mass effect universe because cyber warfare is not meant to counter things that can process millions of pieces of data a second.
5- nukes. Citadel law makes nukes illegal. The UNSC for example could do a quick slipspace jump beside a ME fleet, drop a few nukes and slipspace jump away again. When those nukes go off the entire fleet is shreked

this is only a tiny number of the reasons the halo team would win. There are a lot more.
But im to lazy to write all of them at midnight so yeah.
Zunburst wrote:
Halo, because they have the halo rings, they have experience with fighting aliens, and the Covent and unsc could unite
Gotta remember that Mass effect have the Reapers and the Geth which are not affected by the Halo rings
Reapers are essentially mobile Halo Rings designed to eliminate biological life but to ‘then compose them’ into more reapers like the flood. It’s really a hard argument for me. I think it would be one really messed up galaxy if you had to deal with reapers flood and the Halo rings. Jeez Louise lol!
Idiot. Reapers are synthetic-organic. They’re still alive. The halo rings would kill them too.... and the literal trillions of promethians would still be kicking -Yoink- too absolutely destroying the reapers ground troops, while halo AI can effectively command a full size battleship, so every single halo universe fleet can still be going at it (literally thousands of ships, all extremely powerful) against only the geth...

im not swing much competition in this fight. As soon as the halo universe wins, the halo species are brought back using the genetic library the forerunners collected and they laugh in awesome while the ME universe crumbles around them
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4