So my favourite ship personally is the UNSC: Pillar of Autumn. I chose this warship as it was the ship that carried MCPO 117 away from the lost cause of Reach to Alpha Halo that the Chief destroyed, which inevitably was possibly the biggest factor leasing to the Great Schism and consequently most of the Elites siding with Humanity against their former allies. It was the ship that was used to assist John destroying the ring and on top of that, it was commanded by deabtably one of the best Captains the UNSC Navy ever had, Captain Jacob Keyes who risked everything and his own life to win the war. So that’s my pick but let me know what yours is, and don’t be shy of giving me your opinions as I would be most intrigued to hear.
In terms of the ship itself, The Infinity is an awesome masterpiece of space ship design. It’s massive, uses forerunner engines, has multiple MACs, an entire Spartan Unit, hundreds of attack ships, a docking bay for smaller frigates, literally runs head on into Covenant ships to destroy them! It’s awesome!

But if you are asking about the crew and the actual events that happened to the ship, Spirit of Fire all the way. This ship was involved in so many plots which should have killed humanity if it were not for the interference of the SoF. This ship singlehandedly stopped the covenant from gaining control of a fleet of ancient warships, annhilated a flood infection from a shield world, managed to mysteriously get to the Ark and prevent the banished from becoming a major player in the galaxy. You get the point.
In terms of the ship itself, The Infinity is an awesome masterpiece of space ship design. It’s massive, uses forerunner engines, has multiple MACs, an entire Spartan Unit, hundreds of attack ships, a docking bay for smaller frigates, literally runs head on into Covenant ships to destroy them! It’s awesome!

But if you are asking about the crew and the actual events that happened to the ship, Spirit of Fire all the way. This ship was involved in so many plots which should have killed humanity if it were not for the interference of the SoF. This ship singlehandedly stopped the covenant from gaining control of a fleet of ancient warships, annhilated a flood infection from a shield world, managed to mysteriously get to the Ark and prevent the banished from becoming a major player in the galaxy. You get the point.
That is a fair point you have made about both the Infinity and SoF, but the PoA, as you may’ve read is my favourite. Anyways thank you for your contribution :)
I have to say The Heart of Midlothian comes to mind. I've long wanted a Halo themed horror game, and the story of the Midlothian's downfall is just ripe for exploration and inspiration. Both the written story and animated short were fantastic.

The Say My Name comes to mind as well, as it's an awesome ship that leads into my favorite Halo campaign.
I have to say The Heart of Midlothian comes to mind. I've long wanted a Halo themed horror game, and the story of the Midlothian's downfall is just ripe for exploration and inspiration. Both the written story and animated short were fantastic.

The Say My Name comes to mind as well, as it's an awesome ship that leads into my favorite Halo campaign.
The UNSC: Heart of Midlothian was a wonderful tale. I did not read the short story, however, I did see the animation and I loved it. The ODST Baird was a badass who gave his life to save the navdata and it just shows how some soldiers go unnoticed in canon who sacrifice it all and it’s sad to see.

As for the UNSC Say My Name, correct me if I’m wrong, but did that ship either, a) participate in the Battle of the Rubble along with the Spartan-II Grey Team and the Rubble Security Council against the Kig-Yar and Grunts in The Cole Protocol Novel, or b) hold the contingent of ODSTs from the 65th Shock Troop Division to assault the Covenant Carrier the Solemn Penance via orbital insertion to capture the Prophet of Regret? If it is option b) that would be pretty significant as it held Alpha-Nine the team that was responsible for bringing Quick to Adjust (Vergil) to safety from the cities inevitable glassing by the Covenant in search for the Portal at Voi. Nonetheless both ships are a vital part of Halo lore and both have served well during the years they’ve been active.

EDIT: I just reread what you said and there was no game that occured after The Battle of the Rubble. I also went on Wiki and did some research and it turns out I got confused in my lore with The Midsummer Night and Say My Name... whoops. It was the Midsummer Night’s crew present at the Battle of the Rubble leading into the Battle at Messite which saw the destruction of the Unggoy army Reth was making.

The UNSC: Heart of Midlothian was a wonderful tale. I did not read the short story, however, I did see the animation and I loved it. The ODST Baird was a badass who gave his life to save the navdata and it just shows how some soldiers go unnoticed in canon who sacrifice it all and it’s sad to see.

As for the UNSC Say My Name, correct me if I’m wrong, but did that ship either, a) participate in the Battle of the Rubble along with the Spartan-II Grey Team and the Rubble Security Council against the Kig-Yar and Grunts in The Cole Protocol Novel, or b) hold the contingent of ODSTs from the 65th Shock Troop Division to assault the Covenant Carrier the Solemn Penance via orbital insertion to capture the Prophet of Regret? If it is option b) that would be pretty significant as it held Alpha-Nine the team that was responsible for bringing Quick to Adjust (Vergil) to safety from the cities inevitable glassing by the Covenant in search for the Portal at Voi. Nonetheless both ships are a vital part of Halo lore and both have served well during the years they’ve been active.

EDIT: I just reread what you said and there was no game that occured after The Battle of the Rubble. I also went on Wiki and did some research and it turns out I got confused in my lore with The Midsummer Night and Say My Name... whoops. It was the Midsummer Night’s crew present at the Battle of the Rubble leading into the Battle at Messite which saw the destruction of the Unggoy army Reth was making.
Yeah the Say My Name was what you dropped out of in the beginning of Halo ODST. It's part of the home fleet. Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian was an amazing story btw, I highly recommend picking up Evolutions if you haven't already

My vote was for the Forward Unto Dawn. It's in my favorite Halo game, it finished the fight, and made a heck of an entrance when it made atmo on the Ark

Yeah the Say My Name was what you dropped out of in the beginning of Halo ODST. It's part of the home fleet. Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian was an amazing story btw, I highly recommend picking up Evolutions if you haven't already

My vote was for the Forward Unto Dawn. It's in my favorite Halo game, it finished the fight, and made a heck of an entrance when it made atmo on the Ark
Tbf to 343 when they brought the Dawn in H4, it took out one of Jul’s ships in orbit through the launching of one of it’s Nukes that 117 had to manually put in work, so the Dawn also has that going for it. But you are right it’s landing in the H3 mission The Ark left me speechless as I watched in awe as the ship majestically landed in front of me.
I gotta go with Pillar of Autumn, it was the ship that the entire series started on. Besides the Infinity, it has to be one of the most iconic ships in the franchise.
Quote:
I gotta go with Pillar of Autumn, it was the ship that the entire series started on. Besides the Infinity, it has to be one of the most iconic ships in the franchise.
That is my basis for liking it too. It was the staple ship of the UNSC during Reach for the S-II Commandos on the ground and it was commanded by the practically legendary status Keyes besides Admiral Preston Cole, so, need I say anymore? Also post-war there was a completely new classification of ship, the Autumn class heavy-cruiser, due to the iconic status the ship earned itself over the brief period of action it saw, in particular, the Battle of Installation-04.
EDIT: The quoting got messed up during this post so that’s why it’s a bit wonky but this is my response to your reasoning LilC77343

Tbf to 343 when they brought the Dawn in H4, it took out one of Jul’s ships in orbit through the launching of one of it’s Nukes that 117 had to manually put in work, so the Dawn also has that going for it. But you are right it’s landing in the H3 mission The Ark left me speechless as I watched in awe as the ship majestically landed in front of me.
Forgot about that! The old girl still took out a Covie cruiser even after being cut in half (Chief's efforts notwithstanding)
The Autumn is where it all started but I’m torn because I love the mastery of design that is the UNSC Infinity!
Thel 'Vadamee: "There was only one ship."
Prophet of Truth: "One? Are you sure?"
Thel 'Vadamee: "Yes. They called it the Pillar of Autumn."

This ship was so legendary! It is the best! I'd bet on it beating Infinity no matter the odds. But only if Captain Keyes was in charge. Keyes can make anything work.
J kid789 wrote:

This ship was so legendary! It is the best! I'd bet on it beating Infinity no matter the odds. But only if Captain Keyes was in charge. Keyes can make anything work.
That he can. During the Battle of Sigma Octanus IV he used a paper wrote by Fhajad on Covenant Slipspace approach and predicted the large Covenant force arrival that he combated, and later using the Keyes Loop in the UNSC Iroquois (I think that’s how it’s spelt) to force the Covenant off giving the UNSC one of it’s few naval victories.
J kid789 wrote:

That he can. During the Battle of Sigma Octanus IV he used a paper wrote by Fhajad on Covenant Slipspace approach and predicted the large Covenant force arrival that he combated, and later using the Keyes Loop in the UNSC Iroquois (I think that’s how it’s spelt) to force the Covenant off giving the UNSC one of it’s few naval victories.
Halo: Fall of Reach is a great book. And the Keyes Loop if I recall, was something a student of his came up with that he gave a C- to for it. He said it would never work, but gave him points on ingenuity.
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:

Halo: Fall of Reach is a great book. And the Keyes Loop if I recall, was something a student of his came up with that he gave a C- to for it. He said it would never work, but gave him points on ingenuity.
I won’t doubt your knowledge about the Keyes Loop as I had no idea where it originated from. I’m just saying that during the Battle he used a paper wrote by Fahjad (a S-II washout) on slipspace physics and how the Covenant manipulate it to appear less numerous than they actually are.
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:

I won’t doubt your knowledge about the Keyes Loop as I had no idea where it originated from. I’m just saying that during the Battle he used a paper wrote by Fahjad (a S-II washout) on slipspace physics and how the Covenant manipulate it to appear less numerous than they actually are.
J kid789 is almost right. He actually just noted that if a student presented that paper to him he would have given it a C-
UNSC Spirit of Fire, especially after the speech that Captain Cutter made about how they’re all family.
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:

Oh ya! I didn't mean to sound like that. And have you ever thought about the fact that anyone in the UNSC Navy has got to be some of the smartest people in the Galaxy? I mean the math and physics and science behind everything they do is ridiculous, INCLUDING being able to see figures in a different dimension to determine how many of then there are.
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:

Oh ya! I didn't mean to sound like that. And have you ever thought about the fact that anyone in the UNSC Navy has got to be some of the smartest people in the Galaxy? I mean the math and physics and science behind everything they do is ridiculous, INCLUDING being able to see figures in a different dimension to determine how many of then there are.
I can’t say that is something I have thought about if I’m going to be honest.